Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien Irelands Sinister Fringe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

My mistake...I've altered the post.
    Who's Jarry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

If Catherine Murphy said a single thing that turns out to be incorrect she has lost her job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cT3KLVWc5tk

For does of you still letting on you don't know what was said in the Dail!

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    If Catherine Murphy said a single thing that turns out to be incorrect she has lost her job.

That's a decision for her constituents.

There may be something sinister at the heart of the Dinny/FG relationship, but they still have not totally removed the concept of democracy.

Agreed!
    And I'm sure that you would be even more outraged if, after an enquiry,
    all the same TD got for her slander was a gentle rap on the knuckles.
    This carte blanche scutter about a TD having absolute privilege to say what s/he like in the Dail needs to be addressed.

So your accusing Catherine Murphy of slander?

Pretty serious accusation there!

• Advertisement

That's a decision for her constituents.

There may be something sinister at the heart of the Dinny/FG relationship, but they still have not totally removed the concept of democracy.

I actually feel she would step down, as she does appear to be a woman of integrity and the calls for resignation would be too strong to ignore. So her job would be gone. Constituents have nothing to do with it.

So your accusing Catherine Murphy of slander?

Pretty serious accusation there!

Are you saying only TDs are allowed make serious accusations?

Seems to be going very much against your own argument there...

I actually feel she would step down, as she does appear to be a woman of integrity and the calls for resignation would be too strong to ignore. So her job would be gone. Constituents have nothing to do with it.
    Well if DOB is not getting that outrageous cut in interest I fully agree she should step down and I think she would to.

Are you saying only TDs are allowed make serious accusations?

Seems to be going very much against your own argument there...

Let's see Curly Judges proof of her allegation against Catherine Murphy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

FalconGirl wrote: »
    DOB is trying to silence the Dáil. Nothing to see here at all according to some. I would be interested to know what some of you guys really think on a personal level about these goings on. Its indefensible. :rolleyes:

Why do you assume our personal thinking is different from our public position?
    Perhaps yours is...mine isn't!

• Advertisement

I'm a he by the way.
    And I didn't accuse Catherine Murphy of anything!

Curly Judge doesn't need proof. She just needs to say stuff in a public setting (like the Dail, for example) and allow the person being accused be trialed by the general public and be declared guilty until proven innocent.

Why do you assume our personal thinking is different from our public position?
    Perhaps yours is...mine isn't!
    Because I think she might suspect there are Denis o Brien/Michael Lowry corruption supporters on here who work for them in a PR capacity or gain public positions through their support and who have a public profile because of this and as long as they are paid or gain positions on public boards they will continue with supportive public profile but that may not be what they necessarily think personally especially when the patronage runs out.

Curly Judge doesn't need proof. She just needs to say stuff in a public setting (like the Dail, for example) and allow the person being accused be trialed by the general public and be declared guilty until proven innocent.
    Eh,Curly Judge needs to get elected to the Dail first to avail of parliamentary privilege and I don't think there is much chance of him becoming a deputy considering his stance on corrupt businessmen.
    Try FF/FG though,they don't seem to have any problems with these sort of opinions.

tipptom wrote: »
    Because I think she might suspect there are Denis o Brien/Michael Lowry corruption supporters on here who work for them in a PR capacity or gain public positions through their support and who have a public profile because of this and as long as they are paid or gain positions on public boards they will continue with supportive public profile but that may not be what they necessarily think personally especially when the patronage runs out.

Or perhaps there are people out there who (completely convinced by their own ideas) cannot bring themselves to believe that other citizens might hold a contrary view for the most worthy of reasons and must therefore be in the pay or pocket of dark rightwing forces?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Or perhaps there are people out there who (completely convinced by their own ideas) cannot bring themselves to believe that other citizens might hold a contrary view for the most worthy of reasons and must therefore be in the pay or pocket of dark rightwing forces?
    Do you accept the truth of the Moriarty report?

So it turn out Dinnys personal threating letter modus has not worked this time and his attempt to subvert our democratic parliament has failed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

tipptom wrote: »
    So it turn out Dinnys personal threating letter modus has not worked this time and his attempt to subvert our democratic parliament has failed.

Catherine Murphy better not get as much as a speeding ticket,A 6am raid by the gardai is now one mistake away.

She has been a credit to irish politics.

kidneyfan wrote: »
    Do you accept the truth of the Moriarty report?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

We've no idea what was said in the Dail.

All I know is that if:
    1) my personal finances were being discussed in the Dail, and
    2) there was inaccurate information being spread about me by a TD in the Dail (which is entirely possible given that we have no idea what was being said)

I would be absolutely outraged.

I know terrible isn't it
    In fact why doesnt dob dissolve the dail completely and just declare himself
    DOB.... Lord Protector Of Ireland.

...coz basically that is what it's amounting to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

No.
    Well that explains your support for O'Brien.

What do you disagree with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Much as I'd dance a merry jig if DOB got double-tapped, the real story is who in the name of was giving him the free money? TBH I'd take the 1.5% rate myself if I could get it.
    DOB is turning into a convenient scapegoat for FG/FF. Hopefully he'll rat on the lot if he takes much more abuse and isn't even getting his free money for the service to the establishment.

kidneyfan wrote: »
    Well that explains your support for O'Brien.

What do you disagree with?
    Can I answer that,that money was only resting in Michael Lowrys(That well known Doncaster Rovers fan) account and was at least ran through two FG party grandees who just so happened to be good friends of DOBs father before it came to rest there so move on now nothing to see there,oooh look at the unicorn and Clare Daly,SF,Mick Wallace,Ming,Catherine Murphy etc etc.

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Catherine Murphy better not get as much as a speeding ticket,A 6am raid by the gardai is now one mistake away.

She has been a credit to irish politics.

Only if her claims prove correct. The naming of individuals in the Dail needs to be looked at. If TDs have proof of wrongdoing, they must remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty, same as Paul Murphy, et al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Only if her claims prove correct. The naming of individuals in the Dail needs to be looked at. If TDs have proof of wrongdoing, they must remember that a person is innocent until proven guilty, same as Paul Murphy, et al.
    Who did she accuse of wrong doing?

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Who did she accuse of wrong doing?

Maryanne doesn't answer questions, just pushes out the party line!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Didn't see too much righteous indignation on this topic when SF members were being bashed by FG over Mairia Cahill etc. in the Dail a while back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

just lurking arou nd here from time to time, why does the rich uncle put the proof on the table and say, look here are the facts, cb is lying, end of all storys and speculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Maryanne doesn't answer questions, just pushes out the party line!

Well, her lack of an answer speaks for itself.

• Advertisement

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Well, her lack of an answer speaks for itself.
    Party central to busy searching for our leader of transparency to draft a response.

Advertisement