Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien Irelands Sinister Fringe.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Help!!!! wrote: »
    & we will still have people sticking up for DOB, FF & FG. Do people in this country like being conned?

Lack of education basically that's what it boils down to. Well that and being as thick as pig sh it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Shouldn't the blame be put at the feet of those who award and facilitate the likes of DOB with knock off acquisition take overs and high court injunctions ?

I can't really muster the outrage for the man. Seems like a painted, cliched megalomaniac who belongs in an Austin Powers movie. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nipper banks

I'm happy enough to pay 3.8% on my mortgage while DOB pays 1.5% on his loans from the Irish State.
    Why not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Right so, I'm voting Labour.

Go ahead throw your vote away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I've been saying it for years now we are unable as a people to govern ourselves. It's a history of failure and corruption on every level.

There is corruption in every workplace, government, business,, in every country in the world you name it.

That's life unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Has Catherine Murphy produced her evidence yet? When she does, we can reach conclusions on the rights and wrongs of her information.

Her statement asked the minister for information on claims made to her. He can refute or investigate the claims. Or set up a tribunal.

Her statement asked the minister for information on claims made to her. He can refute or investigate the claims. Or set up a tribunal.

So she has NO information?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

If she is totally wrong then DOB could easily prove he was paying the standard loan rate. Instead he's gone all Barbra Streisand on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Brainwashed shills or just trolls,Its the same 4 or 5 posters posting 30 times a day one has to question their motives.

You can't make statements like that, it's not on.
    Has Catherine Murphy produced her evidence yet? When she does, we can reach conclusions on the rights and wrongs of her information.

Actually.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

She's asking questions in the public interest about a sweet deal in a tax payer owned and bailed out bank, a deal given to a man who was accused of previous malfeasance by a tribunal of the State ( but subsequently not investigated). She has information but she's seeking clarification. Exactly what the Dail privilege is about.

To quote her:

“The people that continue to accuse me of falsehoods refuse to provide evidence to refute any of the issues I’ve questioned in the Dáil. My entire line of questioning on this has been to ask the Minister to give us all the pertinent information so that we can be assured that citizens were not disenfranchised as a result of any deals that may have been done.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

She has plenty of information from reliable sources, as does David Murphy in RTE. Both want this information out in the public domain because they are so confident in the sources of their information that Denis O'Brien got a 1.5% rate at a time when Irish bonds were junk status and at over 12%. If they're wrong then its the end of both their careers but given DOBs track record in engaging with politics my guess is that they're right. What do you think Maryanne, do you think DOB got a 1.5% interest rate or not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Muahahaha wrote: »
    She has plenty of information from reliable sources, as does David Murphy in RTE. Both want this information out in the public domain because they are so confident in the sources of their information that Denis O'Brien got a 1.5% rate at a time when Irish bonds were junk status and at over 12%. If they're wrong then its the end of both their careers but given DOBs track record in engaging with politics my guess is that they're right. What do you think Maryanne, do you think DOB got a 1.5% interest rate or not?

silence is deafening

silence is deafening

It sure is. I'm sure there are plenty of ways for Ms Murphy to leak her info, if she really had any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

It sure is. I'm sure there are plenty of ways for Ms Murphy to leak her info, if she really had any!

I don't think it's the norm to out the whistleblower. Dinny could clear up he didn't get the loan @ 1.5% if that is the case, why try to shut up the World.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Are the Government shills on extra money for posting on a bank holiday weekend?

Probaly getting Topaz fuel vouchers, I hear fine Gael know someone high up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

The big issue is that DOB is walking all over our Constitution.
    Leave aside whether or not he actually has anything to hide. Who else has the audacity to gag reporting on what is said under Dail privilege? That man is walking all over the democratic process in this Country.
    His behaviour is more suited to a tinpot dictator.

How anyone can defend that is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Who then? Who are this strong competent government waiting in the wings to save us from vested interests? Serious question.
    So your suggesting we carry on with the same crowd who are compromised by hundreds of thousands "donated"to FG to leave DOB to do as he wishes with this tinpot country?.Ive said it before,Mugabe would wince at the sh*t that goes on in this country with our so called press and corrupt oligarchs and establishment political partys.
    Rather vote for the likes of honest politicians like Catherine Murphy than that.

I suspect one of the vocal shills on this thread is very closely associated with Michael Lowry and we all know what that means.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

tipptom wrote: »
    So your suggesting we carry on with the same crowd who are compromised by hundreds of thousands "donated"to FG to leave DOB to do as he wishes with this tinpot country?.Ive said it before,Mugabe would wince at the sh*t that goes on in this country with our so called press and corrupt oligarchs and establishment political partys.
    Rather vote for the likes of honest politicians like Catherine Murphy than that.

I suspect one of the vocal shills on this thread is very closely associated with Michael Lowry and we all know what that means.

Is there anything to be said for another mass Ted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

Are the Government shills on extra money for posting on a bank holiday weekend?

Probaly getting Topaz fuel vouchers, I hear fine Gael know someone high up there!

How many "ink cartridges" are the Sinn Fein meeja enforcers getting for today?

Neither Celtic or Liverpool are playing today so I thought the place would be crawling with them.

They're probably busy hassling the FBI for not indicting DOB over the FIFA scandal. He's got to be Blatter's puppet master.

Looks like enda has sent out the re enforcements!

He's usual apologists just weren't cutting it!

Deflect! Deflect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Looks like enda has sent out the re enforcements!

He's usual apologists just weren't cutting it!

Deflect! Deflect!

Jeez maybe Enda really is in trouble on this, when you see them reacting ala Jaques.
    When in trouble for your governance - attack Sinn Fein...Squirrel!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Neither Celtic or Liverpool are playing today so I thought the place would be crawling with them.

They're probably busy hassling the FBI for not indicting DOB over the FIFA scandal. He's got to be Blatter's puppet master.

The "Look over there" defence.
    YAWN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭JacquesDeLad

Cash in your chips the revolution is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Cash in your chips the revolution is coming.

I hear all the best banks are charging 1.5% for the transaction........

I'd say there's more than a few in here cashing Denis o Brien cheques every week!

At least I hope that's the reason, or else its delusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Ah the old "everyone who questions the obvious corruption is a shiner" defence. Never get's old really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

Good Lord, is that the best you can do?

For the record, I have no affiliation with any party.
    Mind you, if being concerned about Democracy and free speech makes me a "Sinn Fein meeja enforcer" I suppose I better familiarise myself with their manifesto - or then again, I may just do that with every party manifesto when an election is announced, as I usually do.

Celtic or Liverpool, you say? Hmm, I think I'll pass. Football doesn't really interest me unless my local team/County are playing.

You'll have to come up with a better generalisation/deflection than that, I'm afraid.

Is there anything to be said for another mass Ted?
    That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

To all the breast beating, craw thumpers out there who rabbit on about the right of politicians to spout any kind of auld ****e they like within the Dail chamber, I say a very sincere "bollocks".
    Mary Loo was "sanctioned" by a Dail committee for abusing her position over the Ansbacher accounts.
    In what way was she made to suffer for her transgression?
    Dids they take away her driving licence?
    Did they impose a massive fine.
    Did they hell!
    Katherine Murphy may very well be a decent woman but until such time as she faces penalties as onerous as the damage she may cause I say she should keep her mouth shut.
    The Courts are handling this and should be allowed to do so!

• Advertisement

To all the breast beating, craw thumpers out there who rabbit on about the right of politicians to spout any kind of auld ****e they like within the Dail chamber, I say a very sincere "bollocks".
    Mary Loo was "sanctioned" by a Dail committee for abusing her position over the Ansbacher accounts.
    In what way was she made to suffer for her transgression?
    Dids they take away her driving licence?
    Did they impose a massive fine.
    Did they hell!
    Katherine Murphy may very well be a decent woman but until such time as she faces penalties as onerous as the damage she may cause I say she should keep her mouth shut.
    The Courts are handling this and should be allowed to do so!
    To you and all your Denis o Brien/Michael Lowry/FG shills I say bollox to you,every corruption in this country was dragged out by good journalists and decent politicians exposing it.
    This would be dead and buried only for the persistence of Catherine Murphy and others who has been frustrated by dark forces in government at every turn by refusing to give out information and delaying it.

Your days of deflecting,delaying and frustrating the discovery of corruption are nearly over now that we have brave women who will stand up in the Dail and out them.

DOB will never be got in court but if this stops the corruption links between himself and FG once and for all it will have done the state some service.

Advertisement