Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien Irelands Sinister Fringe.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

To all the breast beating, craw thumpers out there who rabbit on about the right of politicians to spout any kind of auld ****e they like within the Dail chamber, I say a very sincere "bollocks".
    Mary Loo was "sanctioned" by a Dail committee for abusing her position over the Ansbacher accounts.
    In what way was she made to suffer for her transgression?
    Dids they take away her driving licence?
    Did they impose a massive fine.
    Did they hell!
    Katherine Murphy may very well be a decent woman but until such time as she faces penalties as onerous as the damage she may cause I say she should keep her mouth shut.
    The Courts are handling this and should be allowed to do so!

Bolex.

Denis o Brien independent newspapers printed the Anglo tapes while the trial was ongoing!

Blueshirt hypocrites jumping to defend uncle Denis again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

How many "ink cartridges" are the Sinn Fein meeja enforcers getting for today?

Neither Celtic or Liverpool are playing today so I thought the place would be crawling with them.

They're probably busy hassling the FBI for not indicting DOB over the FIFA scandal. He's got to be Blatter's puppet master.

I think the best we can hope for is that DOB is investigated by a non Irish police force.

And do you think the only groups to dislike DOB is shinners? Think again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

mikom wrote: »
    The "Look over there" defence.
    YAWN.

Look at the ink cartridges!!! Ignore the oligarchs.

LOOK AT THE INK CARTRIDGES!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

tipptom wrote: »
    To you and all your Denis o Brien/Michael Lowry/FG shills I say bollox to you,every corruption in this country was dragged out by good journalists and decent politicians exposing it.
    This would be dead and buried only for the persistence of Catherine Murphy and others who has been frustrated by dark forces in government at every turn by refusing to give out information and delaying it.

Your days of deflecting,delaying and frustrating the discovery of corruption are nearly over now that we have brave women who will stand up in the Dail and out them.

DOB will never be got in court but if this stops the corruption links between himself and FG once and for all it will have done the state some service.

All that's missing from your diatribe or from the posts of any of the other diatribers..... is PROOF.
    If DOB is never got in court, as you put it, then perhaps he is not guilty of anything more serious than being a very sharp businessman?
    It suits the shinners/lefties to create a bogeyman, around whom they can orchestrate their howling mobs. Simple as!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Look at the ink cartridges!!! Ignore the oligarchs.

LOOK AT THE INK CARTRIDGES!

Some posters around here will never be happy to join the dots until its spelt out for them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Go ahead throw your vote away. :)

I always vote all the way down the ballot paper so it will land somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

All that's missing from your diatribe or from the posts of any of the other diatribers..... is PROOF.
    If DOB is never got in court, as you put it, then perhaps he is not guilty of anything more serious than being a very sharp businessman?
    It suits the shinners/lefties to create a bogeyman, around whom they can orchestrate their howling mobs. Simple as!
    More like being a very sharp "corrupt beyond belief" businessman who used his ill gotten gains sold to him by FG to to subvert a democratic states laws and whom single handedly shot Ireland up a the world charts of corrupt countrys.

It suits the Michael Lowry/Phil Hogan/FG racket mob to create a bogeyman around who they can orchestrate their corrupt facist mobs to hilariously try to deflect their ongoing rape of the country and continue for the poorest section of the Irish people to pick up the bill.

At the same time our gombeen leader who hides behind his handlers always finds time to appear with DOB on world stages with him while the worlds press report on what a corrupt censored country we have become because of one "sharp businessman" who hold a government party in his pocket because of his "donations and what he knows about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

I'm afraid you've gotten your assumptions wrong again. My politics are strictly centrist.

Nor does concern at stifling free speech, trying to overturn our Constitution, and preventing TDs from doing what is morally correct on behalf of their constituents constitute being part of a "howling mob".

The Irish people no longer trust politicians, or the various organs of the state. That is as a result of a series of scandals - every one of which the Irish people ended up paying for . Accordingly, the Irish people now want transparency and accountability. Much like the people of other Democratic
    Countries.

You seem to take issue with this. May I ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I don't understand the attitude of posters flocking to Denis O' Briens defence. His spokesperson was just on the news at one saying the documents in Catherine Murphys possession were altered. They know this because they have access to the original, accurate documents. If this is the case why not put the truth in the public domain? It would pull the rug out from under Catherine Murphy's erroneous assertions.

Posters defending DOB argue that he is being vilified because of his wealth and influence. That he is really just a loveable rogue. I for one have had enough of loveable rogues. Enough Haugheys and Aherns and Lowrys and all the others. If cute hoorism is still honoured in this country after all the scandals inflicted on us then perhaps we truly deserve the leaders we get.

If O'Brien has access to the truth and the truth will vindicate him, why not just come out and tell us the truth?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

No worries, we have him by the water bills, just don't pay them. ;)

And if you can't make the connection at this stage, don't bother replying !

• Advertisement

DOBs spokesman says our parliament is only a talking shop.

We should just abandon parliament and let Denis and a few of his FG enforcers who are compromised by him run the country and a few breadcrumbs thrown down to the Michael Lowry capos on this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

tipptom wrote: »
    DOB will never be got in court but if this stops the corruption links between himself and FG once and for all it will have done the state some service.
    But it would be great to see DOB turn on FG from some Caribbean island and name names...

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    But it would be great to see DOB turn on FG from some Caribbean island and name names...
    I would say there would be certain people who were inexplicably awarded big jobs in European institutions to be shaking in their boots in that instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

How many years now? And I am still waiting for this FG/Lab government to put the people first. I would say I will be waiting. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

Happyman42 wrote: »
    How many years now? And I am still waiting for this FG/Lab government to put the people first. I would say I will be waiting. :rolleyes:

They did. First to pay for all of the mistakes.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If O'Brien has access to the truth and the truth will vindicate him, why not just come out and tell us the truth?

Because he doesn't want the World and it's mother having access to his banking arrangements. If you ran (Maybe you do) a successful business, would you be happy for your competitors to know your financial arrangements?

Happyman42 wrote: »

The people need to grow a pair and demand something be done, and not give up til its done, bank holiday or no bank holiday

Because he doesn't want the World and it's mother having access to his banking arrangements. If you ran (Maybe you do) a successful business, would you be happy for your competitors to know your financial arrangements?

the game is up, maybe you just can't see it yourself but the rest of us do,

the game is up, maybe you just can't see it yourself but the rest of us do,

You forgot "Tick Tock".......................

• Advertisement

I'm sure his competitors and more importantly the Irish people would like to know if we are paying for his financial arrangements which incidentally we have paid heavily for in the past and god knows how much more in to the future through the actions pending for DOBs and FGs corruption in the awarding of the most valuable state licence in the history of this state.

I can't listen to this fckin rubbish

You forgot "Tick Tock".......................

Haha time will tell alright, Tuesday won't come half quick enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.....well I wouldn't if it turned out I had the influence to ring up and secure a ridiculously low rate on the basis of a verbal agreement, given what had come about me in certain tribunals a few years back.

I'd probably have made a contingency plan though, by basing myself abroad somewhere in case things came out that made a public presence here untenable, and save a few bob tax wise while I was doing so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If you ran (Maybe you do) a successful business
    It'd be a hell of a lot easier to run a successful business with free and instant credit like DOB gets, wouldn't it?

It'd be a hell of a lot easier to run a successful business with free and instant credit like DOB gets, wouldn't it?

And helping hands from crooked government ministers like Lowry!

1.5% is hardly free!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

1.5% is hardly free!!

Compared to 7.5%? On half a billion?

1.5% is hardly free!!

There's a difference of roughly €170mn between the rate he should have been paying and that which we were subsidising him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

1.5% is hardly free!!

idt7gy.jpg

Advertisement