Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis O'Brien Irelands Sinister Fringe.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

1.5% is hardly free!!
    If it's less than inflation it is. They're literally giving you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    If it's less than inflation it is. They're literally giving you money.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Phoebas wrote: »
    Ah that's ok then,OOOH look at the big furrey rabbit over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

tipptom wrote: »
    Ah that's ok then,OOOH look at the big furrey rabbit over there.

Cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

More like being a very sharp "corrupt beyond belief" businessman who used his ill gotten gains sold to him by FG to to subvert a democratic states laws and whom single handedly shot Ireland up a the world charts of corrupt countrys.
    On what international index have we "shot up"

It suits the Michael Lowry/Phil Hogan/FG racket mob to create a bogeyman around who they can orchestrate their corrupt facist mobs to hilariously try to deflect their ongoing rape of the country and continue for the poorest section of the Irish people to pick up the bill.

Given the circumstances they inherited this government has done a reasonable job and no amount of over the top hype by paid up members of the "wannabe in waiting" party can obscure that, as recent polls show.
    They have not done a spectacularly successful job admittedly, but then we are not a nation of spectacularly successful people.

At the same time our gombeen leader who hides behind his handlers always finds time to appear with DOB on world stages with him while the worlds press report on what a corrupt censored country we have become because of one "sharp businessman" who hold a government party in his pocket because of his "donations and what he knows about them.

I'm not sure how many times Enda has appeared in public with DOB but I doubt he spends hours rearranging his diary just to fit him in.
    Nor am I aware of the international press being agog at our "soaring" corruption and censorship.
    A little reality check now and then might be advisable for you chappies.

• Advertisement

Given the circumstances they inherited this government has done a reasonable job and no amount of over the top hype by paid up members of the "wannabe in waiting" party can obscure that, as recent polls show.
    They have not done a spectacularly successful job admittedly, but then we are not a nation of spectacularly successful people.

I'm not sure how many times Enda has appeared in public with DOB but I doubt he spends hours rearranging his diary just to fit him in.
    Nor am I aware of the international press being agog at our "soaring" corruption and censorship.

Ok, so are you asking us to provide yo with links to the international interest in the story plus a look at how many times Denis has meet with our leader or are you capable of finding them yourself, as if you didn't see it all already, it's up to you

Ok, so are you asking us to provide yo with links to the international interest in the story plus a look at how many times Denis has meet with our leader or are you capable of finding them yourself, as if you didn't see it all already, it's up to you

I'm not asking you to do other than back up your hysterical allegations with some form of evidence.
    If you don't want to, or are incapable of doing so, for whatever reason, then that's fine.

Priceless from someone who seems to have has missed a man who was self admittedly flat broke and desperate has been judged to have bribed a government minister of this state to win the biggest licence contract in the history of this state.

You say you are not aware and not sure of a lot of stuff about DOB,well its not my job to inform you about corruption index's in which he has featured prominently or appearance's by EK on the NYSE rostrum with DOB after corruption findings against him or read the international press back for you this week in their comments about corruption in Ireland and the subjugation of our democracy by the same person.

Pull the scales of your eyes for your hero and inform yourself chappie.
    But as I say there are a few people on this forum who are very close to Michael Lowry and DOB.

But as I say there are a few people on this forum who are very close to Michael Lowry and DOB.

it's so few and far between now and so resilient that its the most obvious trolling i've ever seen online :pac:

Priceless from someone who seems to have has missed a man who was self admittedly flat broke and desperate has been judged to have bribed a government minister of this state to win the biggest licence contract in the history of this state.

You say you are not aware and not sure of a lot of stuff about DOB,well its not my job to inform you about corruption index's in which he has featured prominently or appearance's by EK on the NYSE rostrum with DOB after corruption findings against him or read the international press back for you this week in their comments about corruption in Ireland and the subjugation of our democracy by the same person.

Pull the scales of your eyes for your hero and inform yourself chappie.

I can only laugh when the opposition accuse people who differ with them of being trolls or shills.. it shows that they are straight out of the left wing school of obfuscation and social media saturation.
    The other giveaway is the fact that they hunt in packs and "thank" everything their mates say...even if it is only an incoherent grunt.
    They are like freshly trained Mormons in their gullability, intensity and cult like cohesion.

• Advertisement

I can only laugh when the opposition accuse people who differ with them of being trolls or shills.. it shows that they are straight out of the left wing school of obfuscation and social media saturation.
    The other giveaway is the fact that they hunt in packs and "thank" everything their mates say...even if it is only an incoherent grunt.
    They are like freshly trained Mormons in their gullability, intensity and cult like cohesion.

laugh all ya like, the smile will be swiftly wiped from your faces later in the week, it's inevitable now and denis put the wheels in motion himself

laugh all ya like, the smile will be swiftly wiped from your faces later in the week, it's inevitable now and denis put the wheels in motion himself

Okay, if he has broken the law or even the letter of the law in relation th his dealings with IBRC, I will be among the first to apologise.
    How many on your side will be men or women enough to do the same if he sails through?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Okay, if he has broken the law or even the letter of the law in relation th his dealings with IBRC, I will be among the first to apologise.
    How many on your side will be men or women enough to do the same if he sails through?

What are you even talking about?why do you care? We need transparency. DOB created this whole issue himself and I look forward to his clarification on the issue.

if he sails through it all then we will also have to grin and bear it, he's bitten off more than he can chew now, the horse has bolted and with a little pressure from the people we can get a new lot in power with a fresh mandate, arest his ass and the rest, make them pay for ****ing with everyone of us, every single family/individual in the country has been effected by emigration and dare i mention the word suicide, it's all down to us though, are we prepared to take back the power from these parasites yet? have we suffered enough and been take for a fool enough yet?

if he sails through it all then we will also have to grin and bear it, he's bitten off more than he can chew now, the horse has bolted and with a little pressure from the people we can get a new lot in power with a fresh mandate, arest his ass and the rest, make them pay for ****ing with everyone of us, every single family/individual in the country has been effected by emigration and dare i mention the word suicide, it's all down to us though, are we prepared to take back the power from these parasites yet? have we suffered enough and been take for a fool enough yet?

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

So we should just give up?

smurgen wrote: »
    What are you even talking about?why do you care? We need transparency. DOB created this whole issue himself and I look forward to his clarification on the issue.

I'll tell you what we want, what we really, really want - the TRUTH. I hope the injunction is lifted and we get to see what Catherine Murphy REALLY has. If she is so sure she has right on her side, why not go to the Gardai with the evidence and help them catch the criminals.

I'll tell you what we want, what we really, really want - the TRUTH. I hope the injunction is lifted and we get to see what Catherine Murphy REALLY has. If she is so sure she has right on her side, why not go to the Gardai with the evidence and help them catch the criminals.

I want more than the truth cos truth is they probably didn't break any laws as such, more like systematically stretching them to breaking point for maximum benefit to DOB alone, while we pick up the tab again

You think that they are going to be able to take a compromised corrupt party to court for giving away assets and favours to their corrupt businessman cronys,dont think so and well you know it but Catherine Murphy has exposed these giveaways out in the open now and done the state some service which is her job and the public can plainly see what is going on no matter how he uses his corruptly gained money to thwart this information through the courts.

Sure you know that old heartfelt statement about a new revolution,a new open transparency in government for the people and sure Paddy likes to know the story Bullsh*t.
    In reality he hides,deflects,made it more frustrating and expensive for journalists and politicians to get freedom of imformation on a government that has being seen to take corruption,secrecy and cronyism to a new level,no wonder FF will hit 35 seats plus in the next election.

All we need is for the two party's to join together to create the party of all partys of cronyism and corruption to race the handcart that is Ireland to hell.

I want more than the truth cos truth is they probably didn't break any laws as such, more like systematically stretching them to breaking point for maximum benefit to DOB alone, while we pick up the tab again

And you are going to get Jarry to frame laws giving you more than the truth?
    How is that going to work.... exactly?

• Advertisement

And you are going to get Garry to frame laws giving you more than the truth?
    How is that going to work.... exactly?
    Whos Garry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Whos Garry?

Garry the Squirrel. Look!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Has DOB been blamed for the holocaust yet?

Just trying to keep track of what woe is being blamed on him this week

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

OH look,never mind the bunny,look at the holocaust.
    You know the Michael Lowry/Denis o Brien/FG corruption squad are in trouble when they invoke the Nazis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

DOB is trying to silence the Dáil. Nothing to see here at all according to some. I would be interested to know what some of you guys really think on a personal level about these goings on. Its indefensible. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

FalconGirl wrote: »
    DOB is trying to silence the Dáil. Nothing to see here at all according to some. I would be interested to know what some of you guys really think on a personal level about these goings on. Its indefensible. :rolleyes:

We've no idea what was said in the Dail.

All I know is that if:
    1) my personal finances were being discussed in the Dail, and
    2) there was inaccurate information being spread about me by a TD in the Dail (which is entirely possible given that we have no idea what was being said)

I would be absolutely outraged.

All I know is that if:
    2) there was inaccurate information being spread about me by a TD in the Dail (which is entirely possible given that we have no idea what was being said)

Agreed!
    And I'm sure that you would be even more outraged if, after an enquiry,
    all the same TD got for her slander was a gentle rap on the knuckles.
    This carte blanche scutter about a TD having absolute privilege to say what s/he like in the Dail needs to be addressed.

Whos Garry?
    My mistake...I've altered the post.

All I know is that if:

Its all on the parliament record and you can see it on YouTube.

Doubt if your personal finances would be discussed in the Dail unless you have a history of bribery and corruption like Denis o Brien.

By the way he has sent another personal threatening letter to Catherine Murphy but it seems to be frustrating Dinny that she is not cowing from him like Vincent Browne and all the hudreds of journalists whom he tried to stop by trying to personally ruin them with his ill gotten Irish riches or sack them from revealing more details of his Irish "business" dealings.

Thank god for Dail privilege that has always been there but only seems to exercise certain people now,may they strengthen it and make it more robust and godspeed to our strong women TDs.

• Advertisement

Agreed!
    And I'm sure that you would be even more outraged if, after an enquiry,
    all the same TD got for her slander was a gentle rap on the knuckles.
    This carte blanche scutter about a TD having absolute privilege to say what s/he like in the Dail needs to be addressed.

We should now change our Constitution because Dinny's upset?

Advertisement