Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Monday and Tuesday tickets currently available on TM. Pricey though. 191 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lambayire wrote: »
    Monday and Tuesday tickets currently available on TM. Pricey though. 191 euro.

Pricey allright but they will seriously dent the resale market .
    Expect a flood of tickets to surface in the next few days as people will try to offload them .
    Good article here
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/11/19/why-are-there-tickets-still-on-sale-for-u2s-belfast-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Does anybody know what the story is with the ticketless part of the gigs in Dublin?
    I have two tix that I'm not using, my friend is taking both and I'm hoping he can get in with my bank card and not me having to use the second ticket because of the ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Unbelievably, two Saturday restricted screen view tickets in Block L just sold on Ebay for over €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I got 2 standing tickets last night on Ticketmaster, bringing my mother shes delighted.

I don't get complicating things with all these rules, Student tickets, paperless tickets in the first place, but its worse again if they don't even enforce them. hot air basically, awful mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone got door / stage times etc... for the gigs next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hey lads,

The gig last night was unreal. I paid 38£ for seats that would go for an arm and a leg in the Dublin gigs. I was at the bottom of the tiered seating in the north stand. I was a stone throw from the second stage and i had a perfect view of the screens to the side. It was my 12th time seeing U2 and you just can't beat seeing them in an indoor arena.

The new songs came across very well live, i honestly hadn't listened to them much. The first 4 songs; joey ramone, out of control, vertigo and I will follow were amazing. Personally i thought there was a bit of a lull with angel of harlem and desire, probably because they had the lights on full-whack but i'm being pedantic here. Overall it was an amazing show. The best version of with or without you i've ever seen. The cherry on the cake was Bad and october. Bad is probably my favourite live track and it went down a storm.

Overall incl petrol cost of ticket and what i spent on food, it cost me 100-110€. 2 hour spin up and back.

There's not too many bands that can pull off a show like U2. Honestly if any U2 haters saw them on this tour i'm sure they'd be converted by the end of it. Enjoy the Dublin gigs next week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Pingi wrote:
    I got 2 standing tickets last night on Ticketmaster, bringing my mother shes delighted.

For what day? On the app or website? Nothing coming up for me, spent
    yesterday all day trying...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

GaGa21 wrote: »
    For what day? On the app or website? Nothing coming up for me, spent
    yesterday all day trying...

Main site at around 5:15pm they're for Monday night, the €190 seats were coming up for Mon and Tue also but could justify that money.

Delighted to get tickets for €77 each .

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone got door / stage times etc... for the gigs next week?

Doors have usually been around 6:30
    The show kicks off around 8:30

Presuming Dublin will be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Have many special guests appeared on the tour? I know Noel Gallagher and Patti Smith joined them onstage in London. Is there special guests likely in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pandiani wrote: »
    Have many special guests appeared on the tour? I know Noel Gallagher and Patti Smith joined them onstage in London. Is there special guests likely in Dublin?

That's about it I think.
    I don't think special guests are a given,
    I reckon the Noel thing just came about very organically as he went to all the London shows and was probably hanging out with the band after.

Patti Smith probably went to see the show and was asked by the band, as she plays the opening music to the show.

It's possible there could be someone in Dublin, but not a given, there was rumors that Van Morrison was going to make an appearance last night in Belfast, that would have been odd.

Jim Kerr should be in town, as simple minds are playing the following night in the 3arena, perhaps he could join the band for a tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Doors have usually been around 6:30
    The show kicks off around 8:30

Presuming Dublin will be the same.

because the dublin shows have to finished by 11 i'd say they'll start no later than 8:30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

That's about it I think.

Jim Kerr should be in town, as simple minds are playing the following night in the 3arena, perhaps he could join the band for a tune!

Not possible, they play elsewhere all week.

Pandiani wrote: »
    Is there special guests likely in Dublin?

I'd expect Glen Hansard to appear somewhere... and who else Bono usually busks with.

Hozier too maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

To anyone that was at the Belfast gigs
    • Did you see others / experience yourself any problems with the paperless tickets / credit card entry to the standing area?
    • Do they ask the ticket purchaser for valid ID or is it just their credit card they need?
    • Is the other person, with the ticket purchaser, also required to carry ID?
    • Are u16s required to carry ID?
    • Were there u14s in the standing area?
    Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'd expect Glen Hansard to appear somewhere... and who else Bono usually busks with.

Glen's rambling across the states until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

@Benbecul97

Did you see others / experience yourself any problems with the paperless tickets / credit card entry to the standing area? I saw no Issues.

Do they ask the ticket purchaser for valid ID or is it just their credit card they need? I had my ID out but he didn't check it. Credit Card Scanning took priority.

Is the other person, with the ticket purchaser, also required to carry ID? No. Just the person who made the booking and name on the Credit Card. All parties must pass through together on the same booking.

Are u16s required to carry ID? Don't know.

Were there u14s in the standing area? Didn't see any blatantly young people there. But there were teenagers there.

Does anyone know what the story is with early GA Standing ques for the 3Arena? Thinking of heading down early.

Not sure what time I'll head to the venue on Tuesday. In fairness, last night in Belfast I got in an hour before the show started and I was right at the front by the barrier but I don't think that will be the case with Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooropa56

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    To anyone that was at the Belfast gigs
    • Did you see others / experience yourself any problems with the paperless tickets / credit card entry to the standing area?
    • Do they ask the ticket purchaser for valid ID or is it just their credit card they need?
    • Is the other person, with the ticket purchaser, also required to carry ID?
    • Are u16s required to carry ID?
    • Were there u14s in the standing area?
    Thanks in advance

Had standing tickets for last night's show, they just scanned my debit card and let us in. I.D. was not asked for from anybody or printed confirmation. The process took about 15 seconds total. You'll get a wristband before entering the arena.

There was a couple of kids that looked borderline u14 in standing, don't know about whether they needed I.D. or not.

• Advertisement

Veloce wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with early GA Standing ques for the 3Arena? Thinking of heading down early.

Not sure what time I'll head to the venue on Tuesday. In fairness, last night in Belfast I got in an hour before the show started and I was right at the front by the barrier but I don't think that will be the case with Dublin.

Will it really make an advantage to be so close, or will it actually be better standing back a bit to catch the whole 'experience'?

Sure if you want to see Bono & the boys up close, but for the whole show / music I was thinking...

Will it really make an advantage to be so close, or will it actually be better standing back a bit to catch the whole 'experience'?

Sure if you want to see Bono & the boys up close, but for the whole show / music I was thinking...

Good point whiskeyman, I guess I've seen them on this tour seated already so got the full 'experience' with view of the screen. I was pretty close last night and whilst you don't get the full view at all times it was very enjoyable being up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

If you're right up at the barrier, you will miss some of the visuals. Looking at the gig on youtube, I would have said go for the barrier, but after seeing the show in Belfast, its worth standing back a bit, so you can see the screen. There is also the question of standing near the main stage or the B stage. Anywhere you stand is a great view, but you get different aspects depending on where you stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Maken my bold statement now

Christy dignam!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,600 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

but1er wrote: »
    Maken my bold statement now

Christy dignam!

Nah not a hope.... It'll be Donna & Joe.....

Hahaha, nah that's a great shout. Would be surprised if he didn't make an appearance once of the nights! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nah not a hope.... It'll be Donna & Joe.....

Hahaha, nah that's a great shout. Would be surprised if he didn't make an appearance once of the nights! :)

yeah id say christy will make an appearance it will be good for him. others mite include Sir Bob, Damien Rice, Damien Dempsey, John Sheridan. bono is a big fan of Horslips so maybe some guys out of them might appear. Andrea corr is another one that might appear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i'd bet the house on NO special guests

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭corm500

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah id say christy will make an appearance it will be good for him. others mite include Sir Bob, Damien Rice, Damien Dempsey, Barney Mckenna. bono is a big fan of Horslips so maybe some guys out of them might appear. Andrea corr is another one that might appear

I would say the chances of Barney McKenna appearing are slim seeing as he died in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

corm500 wrote: »
    I would say the chances of Barney McKenna appearing are slim seeing as he died in 2012.

my bad John Sheridan i meant lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Rocko wrote: »
    Rumours of Van Morrisson on stage as special guest tonight

Did Van Morrison turn up last night?

Advertisement