Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I was in Belfast at the gig last night. I had a seat in the second last row from the back. Amazingly, the complete back row all around the arena was UNSOLD. No one sat in those seats at the beginning. Only some people drifted into them as the show went on, I estimated about 300 seats in total.
    Btw, show was amazing!!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

I had a feeling Belfast didn't sell half as well as the Dublin shows!

What time did the show start last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

gammy_knees are you from the North or driving from South? I'm just trying to size up what time ill have to leave at after work to get to gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

Thanks for the heads up!

I had a feeling Belfast didn't sell half as well as the Dublin shows!

What time did the show start last night?
    Started 8.35. Finished at 10.50.
    It seems as if the ticket situation not filling the back row was deliberate, not an issue of not selling out I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

gammy_knees are you from the North or driving from South? I'm just trying to size up what time ill have to leave at after work to get to gig.
    Drove up from the South. Now I arrived early, 4.30 ish and parked at the SSE carpark.Had early finish from work But its very easy to get to. M1 and then M3 will take you right to the SSE. Gig started at 8.35, finished 10.50. Was on road at 11 and back by 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Ah nice one mate, I'll probably be on the M1 by 5:30 so hoping to get parking at the SSE if I can. It'll probably be 7:30 by the time I get there.

So bloody excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Seated tickets for Friday are on TM now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Seated tickets for Friday are on TM now

Cheers for the heads. Hopin a few more saturday standing go out so I can upgrade my limited view seating. But cant complain either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I'm hoping for Sat standing myself. Open to donations. Anyone Anyone ☺ï¸Â

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Managed to get some Row 27 Block D tickets off a mate that can no longer attend.

Just looking at the seating plan and it seems I won't be able to see the screens but are there any smaller video screens, on the main stage straight ahead perhaps, to make up for this? Would have seemed like a logical step to take for any of the similar set up arenas that they have played.

15392s.jpg

Managed to get some Row 27 Block D tickets off a mate that can no longer attend.

Just looking at the seating plan and it seems I won't be able to see the screens but are there any smaller video screens, on the main stage straight ahead perhaps, to make up for this? Would have seemed like a logical step to take for any of the similar set up arenas that they have played.
    [/IMG]

I'm 2 rows in front of ya. Havent seen any pictures showing any screens near the stage Im afraid. My seat seems to be very to the right so I'm still hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They have had a small screen at the end of the big one for people in that position in other gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They have had a small screen at the end of the big one for people in that position in other gigs.

I had a seat in London behind the stage but couldn't see the small screen as it was right above my head! So unless I wanted to look up at the sky all night :rolleyes:

It seems to be right up in the gods;

Vancouver-2015-Photos-Part-2-U2-2.jpg

it's some piece of kit all the same

It seems to be right up in the gods..

Ah perfect, cheers for that.

Looks to be a good 25-30 feet from the roof and given that the back row in the Three Arena is very near the roof, the smaller screen shouldn't be too badly placed so, even for those in Row 21 in Block D.

Just looking at a video on YT from last night and I'm most likely wrong, but the main video screen doesn't appear to be as big as it has appeared in some photos of previous shows that I've seen from the states. Does the size of the main screen change depending on venue?

it's just about perspective. It seemed more bulky, and less wide, in person. Similar to watching a match on tv, thinking the stadium and pitch are massive. But when you are there they seem much smaller. And no, I'm not talking Dougal and cows theory :D

I thought they were gonna have to chop it for Dublin, but based on reports from the tour director Willie Williams it seems the full screen as normal will be in the 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Looks like it's more the moving of the e stage that was the major problem. I've block D looking for standing though for the Saturday.

psychozeb wrote: »
    Looks like it's more the moving of the e stage that was the major problem. I've block D looking for standing though for the Saturday.

Snap. I keep refreshing every once in a while in the office but sure, unlikely I'd say.

psychozeb wrote: »

When the front row is Row 21 (and it is for this gig) then you should have no problem getting into the standing area with seated tickets. It's different when the seats go all the way to the floor and the standing section is small, as then they have armbands, but I have never been at a gig in the 3Arena/O2 (when the front row was row 21) where is wasn't a quite a simply matter of just getting downstairs in order to to enter the standing area.

When the front row is Row 21 (and it is for this gig) then you should have no problem getting into the standing area with seated tickets. It's different when the seats go all the way to the floor and the standing section is small, as then they have armbands, but I have never been at a gig in the 3Arena/O2 (when the front row was row 21) where is wasn't a quite a simply matter of just getting downstairs in order to to enter the standing area.

ehhhh, I don't think so.

• Advertisement

I've never been at a gig where the seats went all the way to the floor. I can assure you you cannot just walk up the stairs. Might be worth a shot but if that was the case anyone who paid 30 odd euro can have the same experience as someone who paid 70 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

brillant show in belfast, i loved the screen etc. the only downside was the sound was terrible

^ really? interesting. They pride themselves on the new revolutionary sound system, speakers facing down from above to ensure everyone has the same uninterrupted experience. I thought it was brilliant in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,574 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Because of that, last night i took the plunge and bought 38£ belfast tickets for tonights gig. It's an absolute bargain considering what they're going for on the black market here and belfast is a 2 hour journey tops from Dublin.

Good call .

Ticket sales for Belfast have been really poor overall it would seem.
    They have had to reduce alot of the ticket prices to shift them .
    There are great seats available for £60 for the last week,these tickets were £170 before .
    Seats just behind the red zone tonight are only £60 .

There is far too much hype about seeing the show in Dublin.
    If I lived in the Northern half of the country I'd prefer to see the show as its meant to be in the original layout in Belfast instead of a modified effort for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

donegal. wrote: »
    brillant show in belfast, i loved the screen etc. the only downside was the sound was terrible

Surprised to hear that!
    The sound in London was flawless!

Where abouts in the arena were you?

Good call .

Ticket sales for Belfast have been really poor overall it would seem.
    They have had to reduce alot of the ticket prices to shift them .
    There are great seats available for £60 for the last week,these tickets were £170 before .
    Seats just behind the red zone tonight are only £60 .

There is far too much hype about seeing the show in Dublin.
    If I lived in the Northern half of the country I'd prefer to see the show as its meant to be in the original layout in Belfast instead of a modified effort for Dublin.

but Dublin is not going to be a "modified effort"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,574 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    but Dublin is not going to be a "modified effort"

It is ,they have had to move the e stage and re choreograph at least 3 songs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Amazing show last night in Belfast...Loved all the new arrangements and they sound like a real rock band. Something I never viewed them as. They occupy their own sound n never really sounded like proper rock but that show did. My pal is also super impressed and he has a cynical view of them after his only other time seeing them in croke park on the vertigo tour here in Dublin..

So its Belfast and they played Bloody Sunday and the energy in the room totally changed as the dates and towns of all the big bombings in the north and here in the south were shown onscreen, and people suddenly went with it when they realised U2 were honouring the memories of the victims and not playing political with it...such a powerful moment....

gonna agree with what others have said...theyre still the best at what they do and this format in arenas really really suit them..

definitely recommend watching the show live from Berci..its on this week i think on RTE

I've never been at a gig where the seats went all the way to the floor. I can assure you you cannot just walk up the stairs. Might be worth a shot but if that was the case anyone who paid 30 odd euro can have the same experience as someone who paid 70 odd

I am au fait with the venue, cheers.

You say you haven't been at any gigs where the seating went to the floor and so in that case you won't really know what I mean, but if there is either flat seating, or seating that goes to the floor (Rows 20 and below) along with a small standing area, that area then becomes wristbanded (and/or they will check your tickets to make sure you have standing ticket). Getting from either the seated section, or the downstairs bar into that area is quite difficult as a result of that.

However, when the whole entirety of the downstairs is standing (as it is with this gig) then once inside the door downstairs, you're in. There are no further restrictions on your movement (other than VIP areas and upstairs without a seated ticket of course). This being a paperless event downstairs also means it won't be possible to ask for tickets once inside.

And so, on the basis that this gig is like all other gigs where there is no seated area downstairs, then it shouldn't be a major issue entering the standing area as there are two quite easy ways to access it, or to find yourself in it ;) Granted you would have to be a regular user of the venue to have spotted this, but most people I know have. Hey, maybe it's common knowledge, no idea, but in any case I won't post them here as it would be nice if the little flaw was left in place so that I can continue to buy the odd cheap seat and stand but if anyone would like to know, PM me.

• Advertisement

I am au fait with the venue, cheers.

You say you haven't been at any gigs where the seating went to the floor and so in that case you won't really know what I mean, but if there is either flat seating, or seating that goes to the floor (Rows 20 and below) along with a small standing area, that area then becomes wristbanded (and/or they will check your tickets to make sure you have standing ticket). Getting from either the seated section, or the downstairs bar into that area is quite difficult as a result of that.

However, when the whole entirety of the downstairs is standing (as it is with this gig) then once inside the door downstairs, you're in. There are no further restrictions on your movement (other than VIP areas and upstairs without a seated ticket of course). This being a paperless event downstairs also means it won't be possible to ask for tickets once inside.

And so, on the basis that this gig is like all other gigs where there is no seated area downstairs, then it shouldn't be a major issue entering the standing area as there are two quite easy ways to access it, or to find yourself in it ;) Granted you would have to be a regular user of the venue to have spotted this, but most people I know have. Hey, maybe it's common knowledge, no idea, but in any case I won't post them here as it would be nice if the little flaw was left in place so that I can continue to buy the odd cheap seat and stand but if anyone would like to know, PM me.

That's a load of bollox.
    Have you been to a U2IE show? From what I could see in London, everyone in standing got a wristband (I could be mistaken)
    But whatever about that, there is not a chance in hell you will be able to wander into the standing area with a Seated ticket.

Advertisement