Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

8-10 wrote: »
    I thought this was the point of the Music Experience Red Zone tickets. If you have one of those, you're guaranteed to get close so don't need to queue. If you don't have one, you won't get into the Red Zone so again no need to queue.

That's how I imagined it should work. Obviously there will still be people with GA standing tickets who want to queue early to get a good spot but I thought the whole point was that there's no real bad spots. Can understand a couple of hours queuing, but overnight?

I think the Red Zone tickets were far more expensive, nearly 300 EUR, so I guess if you can't afford them, you go with the next best option - although I would agree with you whether being extremely close is actually the next best option.
    I am going tonight, I have a seat in the upper tier, which I guess means I will enjoy the screen show!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Wonder if yer man who used to queue outside HMV for the new albums is in the queue already this morning ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Are they actively checking IDs at the door?

I have my credit card, but left my ID at home. Have a student card, but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g0g

I know it's been said a few times, but are we fairly certain they won't be on stage until 20:30 and there's no act beforehand? I have to get home from work then back into Dublin later and might not get to the venue until around 20:00. I'm hoping that's enough time to get in and that I won't miss anything!

• Advertisement

Definitely no support band.

I think they have come on stage before at 8:15pm local time but it's normally after half past. 8pm should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭aristotle25

there are at least a few tickets (seating) for sat night on ticketmaster right now!
    I have two in block J showing up.

they must have only lasted 3 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dowend

I have two tickets for Tuesday's show but cannot attend. Would like to swap for Friday or Saturday tickets if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Looking forward to tonight now and very interested to see what they have done with the stage to accommodate the layout of the 3 Arena.

The opening Dublin gig always has a great buzz.

I have a GA for tomorrow night too - won't be going too early to que for the barrier to get on stage for the meerkat section as a) I'd make a show of meself and 2) I ain't a lady!

FYI the Church Bar near Jervis has a U2 theme going on - gonna head there after work beforehand and Luas it down to the Arena. 20:30 start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Can't understand Toutless not allowing swaps and sales of Seating tickets. Appreciate Toast and Co generally do a thankless task but still and all, can't recall another set of gigs where touts have quite clearly made so much, particularly in recent times. Perhaps it's still not too late for them to open a thread? In any case I tweeted TM last night in the hope their answer would remove the slight ambiguity which was present in their FAQs on the event with regards to ID possibly being needed for seated tickets and not just paperless standing, to which they replied:

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/668733867797438464

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Any pubs in city centre doing u2 themes / songs for day if gigs
    Last gig in Croker phibbers and the living room bar opened the back courtyard
    And had tribute bands on and at one stage had 3 bonos on stage at once
    It was brilliant ...
    These are smaller gigs so I know that won't happen

Heading into city early for gigs ....can't wait !!

cramp wrote: »
    Any pubs in city centre doing u2 themes / songs for day if gigs
    Last gig in Croker phibbers and the living room bar opened the back courtyard
    And had tribute bands on and at one stage had 3 bonos on stage at once
    It was brilliant ...
    These are smaller gigs so I know that won't happen

Heading into city early for gigs ....can't wait !!

Church bar near Jervis - U2 Theme going on there. Near the Luas too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone in restricted views take a view snaps

I'm row 32 and seat 106 I might be able to see a lil bit of it ( I hope)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Called up and they changed my bookings to adult tickets. He told me that those who didn't ring up to change from student to adult, it wouldn't matter, that the venue is aware of the student ticket issue, and all student tickets would be treated as normal tickets. Why they couldn't have issued a statement saying this is beyond me.

Did they not Tweet or something regarding it?

Thought I read something along those lines at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I contacted up Ticketmaster and there is a way of passing on your Paperless tickets to someone else without them having you card to swipe in.

Ring up Ticketmaster with the new credit card number to be used for the night. You do not need to pass the CVV car, just the 16 digit number and expiry date.

You can also bring up the printed receipt if this does not work on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looking highly likely I'll have a spare for 2moro night standing hope it's ok to mention Toutless aren't catering for sales of the paperless tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jess7

I have a spare seated (191.euro) ticket for tonight. Block H, row 39. First preference would be to swap for a standing ticket for saturday but willing to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Where are people getting the idea that they aren't on until 8? And here's me rushing the family to get in by 6:30 after that email from ticketmaster :D

We have seated tickets so it's not going to matter what time we arrive as long as we don't miss the show :D

Where are people getting the idea that they aren't on until 8? And here's me rushing the family to get in by 6:30 after that email from ticketmaster :D

We have seated tickets so it's not going to matter what time we arrive as long as we don't miss the show :D

people that have attended concerts so far said that usually they go on stage around 8:30 and play for approximately 2 hours 20 minutes.
    It would make sense for Dublin as well.
    I have seated and I aim to be outside the venue for 7:30, allow plenty of time to get in (in case there are queues) and buy my merchandise before the concert.

I was looking at the merchandise on their website. Quite expensive as expected, this concert is gonna end up costing me a serious amount of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I was looking at the merchandise on their website. Quite expensive as expected, this concert is gonna end up costing me a serious amount of money.

The amount of merchandise I consider will depend entirely on the price of a pre-gig pint in the 3. Anyone have any intelligence to report in this department? ;)

The amount of merchandise I consider will depend entirely on the price of a pre-gig pint in the 3. Anyone have any intelligence to report in this department? ;)

I think they tend to be expensive, maybe 6 euro??

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think they tend to be expensive, maybe 6 euro??

Couple of cans outside lads and you'll be flying it :pac:

Veloce wrote: »
    Couple of cans outside lads and you'll be flying it :pac:

true!!

In general, I don't mind not drinking in concerts, although tonight being seated and relaxed, a pint will go down nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I have a spare standing ticket (face value) for tonight's show, if anyone wants it? You'll need to be there around 6.30 so you can get scanned in with me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm not going until tomorrow, I have a seated ticket - I dont want to spent hours queueing. When should I head in?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Paris shows 6/7th Dec. The monday night show will be broadcast

so dublin 4 will not be the last stop on the tour.

Zascar wrote: »
    I'm not going until tomorrow, I have a seated ticket - I dont want to spent hours queueing. When should I head in?

Head in for about 8:15pm. They should be on by 8:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cgarvey wrote: »
    I have a spare standing ticket (face value) for tonight's show, if anyone wants it? You'll need to be there around 6.30 so you can get scanned in with me.

If my missus wasn't in hospital, and I had someone to mind the kids I'd be there in a heartbeat.

This growing up lark isn't all it's cracked out to be with all the responsibilities that go with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

cgarvey wrote: »

PM on the way if still available

Advertisement