Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

There are €191 tickets available for Monday and Tuesday at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

These ticket releases should hopefully hit the touts .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Nice to know start time so I can time my run, so to speak.

think it was about 8:20 in London on the Friday night show

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MaxManis

Seve OB wrote: »
    think it was about 8:20 in London on the Friday night show
    Ya was 8.20 in London on the Tuesday, they play around 2hrs 15mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I wonder what the chances of some of the cheaper ones becoming available! Would love to go but €191 + booking fee is very steep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

835pm in most cities

• Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

AdpRo wrote: »
    I wonder what the chances of some of the cheaper ones becoming available! Would love to go but €191 + booking fee is very steep.

Can't believe I paid that but what's done is done

AdpRo wrote: »

I dunno how hopeful I am of that, it seems every seat in the 3arena is at €191! Even the seats at the very back!

I reckon there will be some GA's released when the stage is constructed.

Here's hoping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Standing tickets are available now!!!! just got a pair!!!!! DELIGHTED!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

What day?

• Advertisement

Monday and Tuesday anyway, their the 2 I checked and they both had standing available tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Thanks! Had nearly pulled the trigger on 2 nosebleed seats for 400e and then saw this, just got 2 standing for 155e

Delighted. Monday night is what I went for

Just checked friday/sat and none are coming up

Just checked friday/sat and none are coming up

Tickets for Monday and Tuesday are available!

Standing €70 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

These ticket releases should hopefully hit the touts .

Even if a thousand more tickets were to go on sale for each gig, it wouldn't really hit the touts as the tickets would be snapped up fast. The demand to attend these gigs is huge and it seems to me it is just increasing if anything. The Ebay auctions if nothing else make that clear. Crazy money being paid.

I guess seeing U2 in their home town, indoors for the first time in over two decades, at the venue which is synonymous with some of their greatest shows, is just too irresistible for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I'm using the ticketmaster app and does the standing tickets come under 'Student Tickets' ?

Graham1978 wrote: »
    I'm using the ticketmaster app and does the standing tickets come under 'Student Tickets' ?

No just under the normal mon/tues night

Thanks for the heads up!
    Much appreciated!

Even if a thousand more tickets were to go on sale for each gig, it wouldn't really hit the touts as the tickets would be snapped up fast. The demand to attend these gigs is huge and it seems to me it is just increasing if anything. The Ebay auctions if nothing else make that clear. Crazy money being paid.

I guess seeing U2 in their home town, indoors for the first time in over two decades, at the venue which is synonymous with some of their greatest shows, is just too irresistible for many.

Are people actually paying crazy money now though or are the sellers just looking for crazy money ?

The prices on Seatwave seem to be bottoming out for Dublin ,and Belfast resale ticket prices have dropped well below cost prices plus there are still reasonable priced seats on general sale for the gigs there .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are people actually paying crazy money now though or are the sellers just looking for crazy money ?

The prices on Seatwave seem to be bottoming out for Dublin ,and Belfast resale ticket prices have dropped well below cost prices plus there are still reasonable priced seats on general sale for the gigs there .
    Seatwave lets you see recent sales at the bottom of the page. Here's the last 3 for Tuesday night
    Tiered Seating - H - 38 - 1 Tickets @ €303.10 Today
    Tiered Seating - m - 44 - 2 Tickets @ €275.00 Yesterday
    Tiered Seating - J - 51 - 2 Tickets @ €469.33 Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Ffs. On night shift this week so was too late getting up to see there were standing tickets available :(

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Seatwave lets you see recent sales at the bottom of the page. Here's the last 3 for Tuesday night
    Tiered Seating - H - 38 - 1 Tickets @ €303.10 Today
    Tiered Seating - m - 44 - 2 Tickets @ €275.00 Yesterday
    Tiered Seating - J - 51 - 2 Tickets @ €469.33 Yesterday

The last 2 sales arent much above face value to be honest and the prices will drop as more tickets are released.

Seatwave is a niche market anyway ,there are less than 200 tickets for sale on it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Someone I know sold 2 seats for the Saturday show for €1,000 this week. That's an €800 profit.

I know the Saturday show is the main draw, but still, there is serious demand for these tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

None seem to be available now apart from the top price tickets. That was quick! Will any more be released i wonder :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Real 007

Someone I know sold 2 seats for the Saturday show for €1,000 this week. That's an €800 profit.

I know the Saturday show is the main draw, but still, there is serious demand for these tickets.

How did they sell them... hardly to friends!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Real 007 wrote: »
    Seated seats have paper tickets - easy to post tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thank you very much for this, I will owe you a pint if ever our paths cross.

You have made me a very happy man ( and my teenage son hopefully too when i tell him the surprise ), I managed to bag 2 standing tickets for Tuesday night based on your tip off.

This is what Boards.ie is all about.. THANK YOU !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Real 007 wrote: »

Seatwave, the touting site run by livenation who also own ticketmaster.........yep, so ticketmaster get a cut of the resale. So so dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭gammy_knees

I was in Belfast at the gig last night. I had a seat in the second last row from the back. Amazingly, the complete back row all around the arena was UNSOLD. No one sat in those seats at the beginning. Only some people drifted into them as the show went on, I estimated about 300 seats in total.
    Btw, show was amazing!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Lads, i've been consistently reading through this thread for god knows how long. I've had ticketmaster open all day long in work, checking to see if TM might drop any further tickets. The one time i seemed to be busy enough not to check up on this site and TM release tickets for the Monday/Tuesday gigs. Feckin raged i was.

I thought, like the belfast gigs, TM might annouce something on their twitter page but i think it's gonna be a case of dripfeeding any remaining tickets and there being a serious amount of luck in being online at the right time when they appear.

Because of that, last night i took the plunge and bought 38£ belfast tickets for tonights gig. It's an absolute bargain considering what they're going for on the black market here and belfast is a 2 hour journey tops from Dublin.

I'm f**kin ecstatic now and can't wait. Will fill you all in tomorrow with how the gig goes tonight.

Advertisement