Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

^ really? interesting. They pride themselves on the new revolutionary sound system, speakers facing down from above to ensure everyone has the same uninterrupted experience. I thought it was brilliant in Amsterdam.

the sound got a lot better as the night went on but for the first few songs it was especially brutal. mainly the vocal to be fair. I think Bono introduced the band after the first song but when he spoke all you could hear was noise.

(i was half way up the seats , to the side, almost opposite the small round stage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Seve OB wrote: »
    That's a load of bollox.
    Have you been to a U2IE show? From what I could see in London, everyone in standing got a wristband (I could be mistaken)
    But whatever about that, there is not a chance in hell you will be able to wander into the standing area with a Seated ticket.

Yup, made it all up for the craic.

Did you miss:
    And so, on the basis that this gig is like all other gigs where there is no seated area downstairs

Also never said anything about anyone being able to "wander" into the standing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

david75 wrote: »
    Amazing show last night in Belfast...Loved all the new arrangements and they sound like a real rock band. Something I never viewed them as. They occupy their own sound n never really sounded like proper rock but that show did. My pal is also super impressed and he has a cynical view of them after his only other time seeing them in croke park on the vertigo tour here in Dublin..

So its Belfast and they played Bloody Sunday and the energy in the room totally changed as the dates and towns of all the big bombings in the north and here in the south were shown onscreen, and people suddenly went with it when they realised U2 were honouring the memories of the victims and not playing political with it...such a powerful moment....

gonna agree with what others have said...theyre still the best at what they do and this format in arenas really really suit them..

definitely recommend watching the show live from Berci..its on this week i think on RTE

The HBO broadcast was cancelled as was the gig!

You might have heard something about it on the news, hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    That's a load of bollox.
    Have you been to a U2IE show? From what I could see in London, everyone in standing got a wristband (I could be mistaken)
    But whatever about that, there is not a chance in hell you will be able to wander into the standing area with a Seated ticket.

Back in the day I used to make my own wrist bands ,got me into many a pit on the Elevation tour .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The HBO broadcast was cancelled as was the gig!

You might have heard something about it on the news, hmmm?

A copy of the HBO broadcast actually leaked! Obviously not the Saturday show that never happened. But apparently HBO put together a show from the first 2 Paris nights, and if any issues with the transmission occurred on the Saturday, they would have broadcast that instead. Looks absolutely stunning. Bono wasn't at his best though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

donegal. wrote: »
    the sound got a lot better as the night went on but for the first few songs it was especially brutal. mainly the vocal to be fair. I think Bono introduced the band after the first song but when he spoke all you could hear was noise.

(i was half way up the seats , to the side, almost opposite the small round stage)

I never thought of it from a seating perspective. Sounds like the standing crowd get a better experience.

donegal. wrote: »

Thats completely unacceptable for an indoor gig.
    I've read of alot of people complaining about poor sound on this tour.
    It was pretty poor on the last 2 tours as well .

Its usually the outdoor gigs that have poor sound where the guitar and bass drowns out the vocals .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

€101 tickets available for Monday night now on ticketmaster, still holding out for a standing ticket for any night!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

AdpRo wrote: »
    €101 tickets available for Monday night now on ticketmaster, still holding out for a standing ticket for any night!
    tuesday 191 tickets available also.

gives hope to everyone going to so called sold out irish concerts in the future as tickets do become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

I just picked up 2 standing for Monday night on Ticketmaster....looks like they are releasing a few ;0)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks for that, I just told a mate of mine who was gutted he did not get any - just got two standing and is bloody delighted!

How come they have released more on the QT?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Doesn't seem to be any more standing available

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

I think it has something to do with when they build the stage they get a better view on the amount of space available at ground level. That could be an auld wives tail but its always worth checking a few days before a gig for last minute releases.

Seriously looking forward to it myself, I wasn't too bothered when I didn't get tickets the first time around, but watching videos of the recent gigs I was raging I wasn't going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Ah for f**k sake, have ticketmaster open in the background all day and have been trying every 30-40 mins, missed standing ones again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I just got Monday Standing tickets!!!!
    YYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I just got Monday Standing tickets!!!!
    YYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Just now or earlier?

I've been trying since 5 and no luck

literally just 5 mins ago. keep on trying.
    Around 15mins ago, I was able to select, but thing just 'failed to process'.
    Keep trying.
    hope it works

literally just 5 mins ago. keep on trying.
    Around 15mins ago, I was able to select, but thing just 'failed to process'.
    Keep trying.
    hope it works

On the App or main site?

ashdale5 wrote: »
    On the App or main site?

main website.
    I had to try heaps of times... I know so many bloody street signs, fish, cakes, tricycles etc... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think it has something to do with when they build the stage they get a better view on the amount of space available at ground level. That could be an auld wives tail but its always worth checking a few days before a gig for last minute releases.

Surely they haven't built the stage yet? Van Morrison gig tomorrow is all seater right? So it'd have to be after that

• Advertisement

main website.
    I had to try heaps of times... I know so many bloody street signs, fish, cakes, tricycles etc... :D

Cheers thanks.

Glad you got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

As regards extra GA tickets going on sale,when the stage gets set up a Fire officer goes in to see can they issue more tickets.It has happened on most European shows of the leg(Picked up some myself in London & Antwerp).As for the GA section it is divided in 2 North Side & South Side with your wrist saying which side your on.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    tuesday 191 tickets available also.

gives hope to everyone going to so called sold out irish concerts in the future as tickets do become available.

Tickets always become available close to sold out gigs ,its standard policy to hold back batches of tickets due to safety, vips and primarily to combat touts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Allowing free access between upper level and lower level is what lead to Bernadatte O Briens death at the smashing pumpkins gig in 96.
    If you have a seat, stay in it. Unlikely the same scenario would happen at these shows but people sneaking onto the floor is crap plus having seen the show, you'd have a better view upstairs anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tickets always become available close to sold out gigs ,its standard policy to hold back batches of tickets due to safety, vips and were primarily to tout

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

david75 wrote: »
    plus having seen the show, you'd have a better view upstairs anyways.

So true. Most concerts you want to be standing. But this is an unusual setup and would agree that the best view of the show will be in. Seat

FYP ;)

Yes ,that of course too.
    Pretend to sell out gigs so that huge hype will whip up a lucrative resale market for Ticketmaster and U2.
    Its standard practice nowadays for most acts .

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Did anyone that attended the gig last night have student tickets? Just wondering if they are strict with the student ID due to the mess with so many getting student tickets accidental and ticketmaster saying on twitter that it won't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Pinkman wrote: »
    Did anyone that attended the gig last night have student tickets? Just wondering if they are strict with the student ID due to the mess with so many getting student tickets accidental and ticketmaster saying on twitter that it won't matter.

One of the lads here at work had student tickets for last night. No ID checks were done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Rumours of Van Morrisson on stage as special guest tonight

Advertisement