Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hey lads,

The gig last night was unreal. I paid 38£ for seats that would go for an arm and a leg in the Dublin gigs. I was at the bottom of the tiered seating in the north stand. I was a stone throw from the second stage and i had a perfect view of the screens to the side. It was my 12th time seeing U2 and you just can't beat seeing them in an indoor arena.

The new songs came across very well live, i honestly hadn't listened to them much. The first 4 songs; joey ramone, out of control, vertigo and I will follow were amazing. Personally i thought there was a bit of a lull with angel of harlem and desire, probably because they had the lights on full-whack but i'm being pedantic here. Overall it was an amazing show. The best version of with or without you i've ever seen. The cherry on the cake was Bad and october. Bad is probably my favourite live track and it went down a storm.

Overall incl petrol cost of ticket and what i spent on food, it cost me 100-110€. 2 hour spin up and back.

There's not too many bands that can pull off a show like U2. Honestly if any U2 haters saw them on this tour i'm sure they'd be converted by the end of it. Enjoy the Dublin gigs next week lads.

Was there last night - great night.

Best U2 gig I've been to and have seen them 6 times.

Make sure you listen to new album - very moving.

Class show.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

Anyone have any idea what queues for GA will be like for Dublin? Looking to get as near to barrier as possible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rocko wrote: »
    Did Van Morrison turn up last night?

He didn't turn up at the 3Arena tonight anyway. Awful gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my bad John Sheridan i meant lol

Do you mean John Sheahan, of the Dubliners?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sheahan

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Do you mean John Sheahan, of the Dubliners?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sheahan

Yeah don't think he will show up though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I'm in the GA section for Monday so have paperless tickets. Do I also have to bring a print out of the confirmation email? Or will my debit card be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Is it against the rules to swap tickets here? No money changing hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Any idea what time they'll take the stage Friday? My friend is working so we need to figure if she'll make it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

martin101 wrote: »
    I'm in the GA section for Monday so have paperless tickets. Do I also have to bring a print out of the confirmation email? Or will my debit card be ok

You should have got the below from tciketmaster:
    My standing tickets are Paperless, how do i gain entry to the event? Good question!

The delivery option chosen when purchasing your tickets was Paperless Tickets, please read the following information carefully as it contains important information with regards to gaining access to the event on the night. .

You have not / will not receive any physical ticket for this event. The credit/debit card used to purchase your tickets will be swiped at the venue and this will gain you entry to the event. Please go directly into the 3Arena as normal – your card is swiped at the scanned entry points.
    You (the card holder) and your all of your guests (anyone else entering on your booking) must be present at the same time and enter the venue together. There are no exceptions to this.
    If there is an issue with swiping your credit/debit card at the door, assistance will be provided at the box office. You MUST print your confirmation email and bring it with you on the night in the event that you require assistance at the box office.
    To reiterate: You will not gain entry to the event if you do not bring the credit/debit card used to make the purchase.

Anything else you need to know?

There is no support act so please come early to the venue, to allow plenty of time to get through the queue and security procedures.

Please ensure you come on the correct night as all shows are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Any idea what time they'll take the stage Friday? My friend is working so we need to figure if she'll make it or not

20:30 they start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

AoifeBurke wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what queues for GA will be like for Dublin? Looking to get as near to barrier as possible tbh.

What day are you going? The opening Monday gig is going to be busy. A LOT of foreign fans have arrived so expect a long que a couple of hours before. With previous tours, I'd expect the ques to not be as bad for the subsequent nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

If anyone missed it, there was a two-hour U2 special on Dave Fanning on 2FM this morning. Should be able to listen back on the player.

Bono talking about the old stuff and the new songs, Apple, etc. Pretty interesting.

You MUST print your confirmation email and bring it with you on the night

So what's the point of saying it's 'paperless'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

8-10 wrote: »
    So what's the point of saying it's 'paperless'?

Only if you require assistance. Not if you have your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Just got standing tickets for tomorrow on Ticketmaster!

In my stupid rush I also clicked on the insurance in error! Anyoneknow if this can be cancelled somehow!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭g0g

Also I just searched and there were (this minute) standingtickets available for Tuesday too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

g0g wrote: »
    Also I just searched and there were (this minute) standingtickets available for Tuesday too!

Ticketmaster often put tickets on sale just before the gig to prevent touting.

Only if you require assistance. Not if you have your card.

Nope that's not what the email says. Is in case you have problems swiping it. It's saying you must bring a page of paper to the gig in case you need assistance...for a paperless ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Just got standing tickets for Tuesday guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Hey lads,

I'm actually looking to swap the Tuesday tickets for Friday so give me a shout if anyones interested. We can contact ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Just got standing tickets for Tuesday guys.

Ah I keep missing out. Trying all day for a family member

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Good luck to anyone embarking on a long day's queuing. It's bloody chilly out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

g0g wrote: »
    Just got standing tickets for tomorrow on Ticketmaster!

In my stupid rush I also clicked on the insurance in error! Anyoneknow if this can be cancelled somehow!?

Just contact the crowd and they will refund you. Happened to me too, like an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

People started queuing yesterday evening, are they feckin mad in that weather...... It's going to be one long week,roll on next Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Graham1978 wrote: »
    People started queuing yesterday evening, are they feckin mad in that weather...... It's going to be one long week,roll on next Friday and Saturday.

I thought they'd ban queuing outside the arena before the gig until the afternoon of the gig... Haven't they done it before?

Must be die hard foreign fans. Is there a pit area for the first few, or are they just queuing to be near the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Yea don't get it, there is an area up the front of the main stage I think. I was at the Glasgow show and standing, loads of room, could even get right beside the band at the E stage. I reckon if you were stuck in the 'pit' you're nearly worse off being up the very front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

There's a strange group of die hards who are at every one of their gigs and queue overnight to get rail and hope they get pulled up for the meerkat section.

Even if you turn up just before the gig and are standing, you will have a great view due to the all encompassing setup.

Jealous of those going tonight, but can't wait for Saturday now!:)

There's a strange group of die hards who are at every one of their gigs and queue overnight to get rail and hope they get pulled up for the meerkat section.

Even if you turn up just before the gig and are standing, you will have a great view due to the all encompassing setup.

Jealous of those going tonight, but can't wait for Saturday now!:)

I thought this was the point of the Music Experience Red Zone tickets. If you have one of those, you're guaranteed to get close so don't need to queue. If you don't have one, you won't get into the Red Zone so again no need to queue.

That's how I imagined it should work. Obviously there will still be people with GA standing tickets who want to queue early to get a good spot but I thought the whole point was that there's no real bad spots. Can understand a couple of hours queuing, but overnight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yep, I have no idea. Even in Amsterdam the queues were insane. We waited til it was moving to join it and could have gotten right next to the E-Stage when we got in if we wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

If anyone missed it, there was a two-hour U2 special on Dave Fanning on 2FM this morning. Should be able to listen back on the player.

Bono talking about the old stuff and the new songs, Apple, etc. Pretty interesting.

The Joe O'Herlihy interview was interesting. Dave was pretty dubious about how it's going to work in the 3 Arena.

Advertisement