Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options
1858687888991»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

PTH2009 wrote: »
    weadick wrote: »
    Yeah the I+E tour is the only one U2 have done since Zoo where I'd actually love a CD of the concert itself.

theres plenty of fan recorded bootlegs around. Some have almost as good quality as an offical recording

Yeah true enough but I like having an actual CD, to play in the car and that. I have ZooTV and 360 live compilations that were 'free' gifts with the fan club packages and I was hoping they would do something similar with I+E.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watching the I & E blu ray and was surprised to see Bono actually sings 'The Fly' backstage during the intermission

was it just for that show or did he do it for all the shows ???? Almost sure it was the studio recoding we heard in Dublin

show gets better and better imo after rewatching it

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

watching the I & E blu ray and was surprised to see Bono actually sings 'The Fly' backstage during the intermission

was it just for that show or did he do it for all the shows ???? Almost sure it was the studio recoding we heard in Dublin

That's odd, it was definitely the Gavin Friday version of it they played at the two shows I saw.

mark13 wrote: »
    That's odd, it was definitely the Gavin Friday version of it they played at the two shows I saw.

i went the tuesday dublin show and almost sure it was the album version over the PA

one thing i hate about this DVD is the corny fan interaction bolexe and there all a bunch a rich weirdos id say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

i went the tuesday dublin show and almost sure it was the album version over the PA

It was a remix played over PA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Always live vocals. I went to a few gigs and copped a difference a couple of times.

Great shows, great tour.....Great band

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Always live vocals. I went to a few gigs and copped a difference a couple of times.

Yeah, you're right actually. I picked 2 random clips from the tour and the vocals are noticeably different in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Glasgow was the one where it was sung live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

how many different languages did they do the graffiti in on thr tour ?

although most of us payed a lot to see this show last year but it was well worth the money and we are going to appreatate it more when u2 do there next irish dates (prob 2017/2018 Outdoors) and were in a field/stadium surrounded by event junkies

we saw 'one of the last big bands in person in a small venue'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

although most of us payed a lot to see this show last year but it was well worth the money and we are going to appreatate it more when u2 do there next irish dates (prob 2017/2018 Outdoors) and were in a field/stadium surrounded by event junkies

Where is this bigger indoor venue in the country? A lot of bands could only dream of being capable of shifting tickets and filling such a venue

Plenty of big bands around just not getting their due or attracting these event junkies you speak of.

Where is this bigger indoor venue in the country? A lot of bands could only dream of being capable of shifting tickets and filling such a venue

Plenty of big bands around just not getting their due or attracting these event junkies you speak of.

I'm referring to the 3arena as the small venue

U2 playing there was unique as they have played Croke Park and Slane in the years prior

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

was a great gig, really loved it.

but i've never been more "surrounded by event junkies" in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Did you any of you go to the Belfast gig? That was a tiny venue! Incredible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Veloce wrote: »
    Did you any of you go to the Belfast gig? That was a tiny venue! Incredible..

I went to MSG, Belfast & Dublin. In order of preference I thought the Belfast gig was best of the 3 and MSG the worst of the 3, The last thing I need to see at a U2 concert is Mr. lady gaga strutting around almost naked, cringe worthy to say the least.

Advertisement