Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A band containing Bono who wants 1) fans to pay extortionate prices for gigs, and 2) people to give more to charity. I'm sorry to have to mention it, but itss such a contradiction (and I know he doesn't set the full price himself, but there is an irony in it)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They are abusing their fans by charging these astronomical prices!
    It is really undeniable! Horrendous of a band that claims to value their fans as much!

I've seen them numerous times on every tour since Zoo tv but they are only in it now for the money to be honest.
    Their priorities now are the vast property and stock empires.

I honestly believe that they were going through the motions alot of the time for the 360 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Anyone give me a heads up on how the subscriber tickets work on the presale?

If I sign up, can I buy two tickets with one subscription?

I'm in Berlin doing the marathon in September and missed out on tickets in the general sale yesterday. The extra shows would suit great.

Might pay off to buy a subscription and then try and get a cheaper ticket in the presale.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭lukin

Tell me your kidding?!?

They have been paid for their album, Apple bought it off of them.
    Bono announced this when U2 were accused of devaluing music by giving theirs away for free.

Granted they did say it was a modest sum, I can't imagine the band were out of pocket!

They are abusing their fans by charging these astronomical prices!
    It is really undeniable! Horrendous of a band that claims to value their fans as much!

I was joking. I agree the ticket prices are extortionate. U2 will probably say they are powerless because they are slaves of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lukin wrote: »
    I was joking. I agree the ticket prices are extortionate. U2 will probably say they are powerless because they are slaves of the system.

Bono is a complete hypocrite .
    Going on and on about poverty and then trying to screw his fans .

Look at the seat pricing for Turin here
    Almost 2/3 of the seats are 195,50 .
    Seats in the 2nd and third tier are top price.
    200 euro for a nosebleed seat ,come off it .

Then you have the red zone tickets which cost an arm and a leg .
    There also seems to be no shortage of VIP packages either and its blatantly obvious that the band are reselling tickets on the ticketmaster resale site at a huge markup.
    Its disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Got a good few tickets, 2 in London, Boston and Montreal. Only really wanted Boston and London but couldn't get Boston at the initial release so took Montreal. 7 hours later I opened the laptop back up and got the option to pick my exact seat in Boston!

Can't wait for it, but looking to offload the Montreal tickets if anyone has any suggestions, they're on stubhub but not sure if they'll sell. I know its unlikely much will happen for the next week with the new dates announced but if anyone had any suggestions just let me know. Not trying to sell on here as I know its against rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I've seen them numerous times on every tour since Zoo tv but they are only in it now for the money to be honest.
    Their priorities now are the vast property and stock empires.

I honestly believe that they were going through the motions alot of the time for the 360 tour.

My feelings exactly, the 360 Croke Park shows in 2009 were Very lacklustre, to the point of being boring!

An absolute shadow of the 2005 gigs, which were fantastic!

They are a very greedy band. It seems every way you turn these days you hear another story which strips them of all credibility. From Larry Suing his accountant for his hotel investments not working out throughout the recession to Bono defending the bands heinous tax evasion.

I think it is ridiculous to blame the band for the way the album was distributed. You want it, keep it, you don't, then delete it, simple as that!
    You'd swear people where anal probed by the Pop Mart Lemon.

I was looking forward to seeing the band a lot, especially indoors in an arena. But, I will NOT be forking out over €200 to see them!

If you are planning on going with your friend or significant other, it'll cost you the best part of half a grand!!! To say that is not ludicrous is insanely stupid.
    lukin wrote: »

I figured that when I seen your user name. When Pearl Jam stood up for music fans been ripped off and exploited by Ticketmaster in 1995, absolutely nobody stood up to support them, except for the great Neil Young. However this sadly fell through as the band learned Ticketmaster have most venues contracted to them. Pearl Jam are charging I think €70 these days, expensive, but a long way from what U2 are currently doing!

I'm sure they will try to justify the ticket prices soon with a story like " we have a super sonic 4D video wall which was built on Mars for us by a team of genius scientists, this type of show has never been seen before"

Screw your Claw, you are musicians, we want to hear your music! flip over a bookcase and play a car park if it means your fans won't be ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I'm a big fan of them, love most songs but not really pushed about Bono etc...

However I'd completely agree the Vertigo tour was amazing, although I think the 360 was brilliant but on a different level. It was very well executed for the 360 aspect.
    Prices are nuts for this one though, all tickets I got are way up the back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bono and the boys are said to be planning five concerts in the venue to take place in late November and early December to finish their Innocence and Experience tour in the capital

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/could-bono-and-the-boys-be-set-for-home-town-gigs-in-dublins-3arena-this-christmas-31154004.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Tis all about the ticket prices.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tis all about the ticket prices.......
    Eagles prices one would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Today Fm have "big" U2 news coming up before 1pm today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Just a ticket giveaway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Today Fm have "big" U2 news coming up before 1pm today!!

They've split up before they can release any more dross?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Limerick91 wrote: »
    Just a ticket giveaway

Ah pity. Thought they were going to release the Dublin dates. Any further info on this? Rumored to be up to 5 gigs in the Three Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

Is the Today FM comp the same as the TXFM comp?

TXFM are flying the winners to Vancouver for 2 nights with tickets and a hotel.

Nice prize don't get me wrong but... Vancouver is on the Pacific Coast so you are talking at least a 12 hour journey (no direct flights) with a 7 hour time difference... Hardly a weekend destination!

Whoever wins is gonna be a zombie for a week with that amount of jetlag.

Haha that's ridiculous. With flights pre-arranged too you'd have to shell out for a change or a different return journey, nightmare.

So Today FM confirmed the 3Arena gigs this morning. They played a clip of the Tony Fenton interview due to be played this Monday. They also announced it in the news headlines.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/u2-to-play-three-live-dublin-shows-this-christmas-675239.html

Rehearsals are well under way and some stage setup pics were leaked;

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11193345_10154329164011959_8574499648965145694_n.jpg?oh=0addee161c79696455326494ccc55236&oe=55DBEA7E&__gda__=1436043895_6000268d1fab66483840170a81d1fd54

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10460958_10154329166981959_3169981793853477243_n.jpg?oh=02f44beb5b056e02f75eb6fa6a441122&oe=55DE08D0

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11048773_10154329172606959_3907710600695026118_n.jpg?oh=a2d9c8e8f0e6544090a83acad30d9ca1&oe=55C49DE3

No way that would fit in the Point. They'd need to chop the walkway perhaps or have it flat to the back where the stage normally is?!

I'd say they will add 2 more dates making it the 5 mooted.

From the clip on the link of Bono talking it sounds as if gig 3 will be a U2 and friends affair! Grafton street like, perhaps with proceeds going to charity too? (first 2 proceeds will go to their music generation charity).

NY times have a big article on the new tour too;
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/arts/music/u2s-flight-to-now-turbulence-included.html?_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

They could probably take up residency in the Point for a couple of weeks around Christmas I would have thought!
    Demand is going to be v high

• Advertisement

Yup, demand for U2 gigs in Ireland from fans abroad is always huge. This time around it will be even bigger as they come closer to "the end"!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

Will they play between 7 - 11 or the Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

eldest200 wrote: »
    Will they play between 7 - 11 or the Christmas period?

Once I get tickets to any of the shows I don't care how many they play. Going to be tough getting tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭eldest200

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Once I get tickets to any of the shows I don't care how many they play. Going to be tough getting tickets though

You'll have a better chance by signing up for the pre sale

eldest200 wrote: »
    You'll have a better chance by signing up for the pre sale

The 3 one or a special u2 fan club pre sale ??

I'd say they might play Croke park in the summer of 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Wonder what dates they looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

damo80 wrote: »
    Wonder what dates they looking at

looking at the schedule in the 3 Arena:
    http://3arena.ie/all-shows#filter/december/

Def Leppard play on the 6th Dec.

Mrs Browns Cow in from 15th - 19th Dec.

I'd reckon sometime from 8th to the 13th Dec, with a couple of days either way allowed for stage rig up etc...

Or if the rig out etc... isn't much, could 20/21/22 be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

whiskeyman wrote: »
    looking at the schedule in the 3 Arena:
    http://3arena.ie/all-shows#filter/december/

Def Leppard play on the 6th Dec.

Mrs Browns Cow in from 15th - 19th Dec.

I'd reckon sometime from 8th to the 13th Dec, with a couple of days either way allowed for stage rig up etc...

Or if the rig out etc... isn't much, could 20/21/22 be possible?

They'd hardly do it 3 days before Christmas surely!! Be a nightmare travelling etc

Well Bono did namecheck the usual Christmas Eve grafton street thing, so maybe just before Christmas will be a runner. Travel wise, maybe they want to discourage foreigners trying for these gigs, making it easier for the Irish fans.

• Advertisement

Any news on dates

Advertisement