Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

lukin wrote: »
    The average attendance at the 3 Croker gigs in 2009 was about 81000. Total attendance was 243,198. That would be roughly equal to about five and a half 3Arena gigs for one Croker gig and 3 Croker gigs is equal to seventeen nights in the 3Arena (I am taking the 3Arena capacity as 14,500).
    So it will almost certainly be Croker, probably in August as there are no gigs listed for then in the dates announced today. If you were a U2 fan in say Italy or Spain you would probably be a little annoyed that they are playing a lager venue just in Ireland (hence making it easier to get tickets) but U2 have always played more gigs in Ireland on any tour they do.

Absolute waffle last time out Italy got 5 dates including 2 San Siro gigs and Spain got 5 also including 3 at the Nou Camp.

Interesting....The O2 in London have made this a ticketless event e.g. Ticket buyer must produce confirmation of purchase, I.D. & Card used to buy Tickets and must be present to ensure he and potential party can gain entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Interesting....The O2 in London have made this a ticketless event e.g. Ticket buyer must produce confirmation of purchase, I.D. & Card used to buy Tickets and must be present to ensure he and potential party can gain entry.

Interesting indeed.
    Reminds me when I bought tickets (on the presale) for the latest Buble gigs at the Point and I actually had to swipe my debit card in order to get in/get some kind of ticket in the venue.

An attempt to "hit" touts?

Irish Aris wrote: »

An attempt to "hit" touts?

Defo although I think it may only apply to standing tickets even still they would be the majority and most appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Messi19 wrote: »
    U2's first tour in a decade

Eh?

Bit of an amateur press release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Just got 2 standing tickets for the first italian concert. 65 each, is reasonable enough I guess as I was expecting over 100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭lukin

Nonsense.

The fact is that most people would prefer indoor shows, outdoor shows are ****e in comparison. No not everybody will be able to get a ticket but many people will. Anyone who doesn´t will just have to wait until the next time.
    Yeah but considering U2 only do a tour every five years then I don't think that will be much consolation to them.
    It´s not that unusual for demand for concert tickets to exceed supply you know. There have been plenty of gigs I wanted to go to but didn´t get tickets and I´d rather have it that way than have every gig I go to be in a big field.
    True but U2 rarely let it happen for their Irish gigs. On the last two tours they played three nights at Croker so almost a quarter of a million people got to see them. Those that didn't get tickets were definitely in the minority. I don't agree that outdoor gigs are not as good. If you are committed enough you will get up near the front and have a good view. At Slane in 2001 I managed to get up to the edge of the front pit and I enjoyed it every bit as much as any indoor gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Trippie wrote:
    Just got 2 standing tickets for the first italian concert. 65 each, is reasonable enough I guess as I was expecting over 100

Got two seated for Berlin .... had two standing but couldn't complete purchase.. German ticketmaster was a f##king nightmare ! ........ September seems a long way off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Did ye just sign up to U2.com to get access today? I was considering it, but $50 seems alot. Basically a $25 premium on top of each ticket you get pre-sale access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Got 2 standing tickets for Glasgow on the Saturday night,got them at 1 o'clock surprisingly. Will try for Friday night tickets again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did ye just sign up to U2.com to get access today? I was considering it, but $50 seems alot. Basically a $25 premium on top of each ticket you get pre-sale access to.

Its worth it if you want to get standing tickets .
    They are only around 70 euro plus 20 extra for the subscription.

Standing is the best ticket in the house in my opinion ,especially indoors.
    I'd never sit at a gig again ,its ludicrous that the best seats cost 3 times standing.

GA/standing tickets will be like gold dust in the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Robbie Williams did the same thing for that "freebie" charity gig at the Dublin O2 back in 2012. It was a brilliant system and it worked a treat. It obviously took a few minutes extra to get in but there wasn't a tout in sight.

Here's hoping U2 do that for the Dublin shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I got two standing tickets for the first Amsterdam gig.Going to try for one of the London shows in the general sale on Monday.I still have my own presale code which i'm going to use for Dublin when its announced.

kennyu272 wrote:
    I got two standing tickets for the first Amsterdam gig.Going to try for one of the London shows in the general sale on Monday.I still have my own presale code which i'm going to use for Dublin when its announced.

Nice one,..... how'd you get two codes ?

Not sure if it has been discussed, but the setup according to the ticketing layouts in all the arenas so far relies on the in the round setup, with a stage at either end, and a long walkway going the length of the arena (apparently with a big video wall all the way above the stage). This would rule the 3Arena out of the equation would it not?

Although I've just seen a seating chart for the Amsterdam gig and that appears to be similar to the 3Arena with only 3 tiers of seating. So maybe it is just a single stage with a long walkway (which still might be a problem in the 3Arena).

Not sure if it has been discussed, but the setup according to the ticketing layouts in all the arenas so far relies on the in the round setup, with a stage at either end, and a long walkway going the length of the arena (apparently with a big video wall all the way above the stage). This would rule the 3Arena out of the equation would it not?

The Hydro in Glasgow is very similar to the 3Arena so I doubt it would be a problem.

cathalj wrote: »
    Nice one,..... how'd you get two codes ?

A friend used his code for Amsterdam so I can save my one for Dublin.

Struck out on ALL European dates for GA.

Guess I'm gonna have to stump up for pre-sale for the Dublin gigs:mad:

Good lower tier seats for the O2 in London are £180 up FACE VALUE!:eek::confused:

kennyu272 wrote:
    A friend used his code for Amsterdam so I can save my one for Dublin.

I'm tempted to sign the wife up to get another code for the Dublin gigs.... even with the presale I reckon demand will be mental..... the idea of not seeing them here (I've seen every tour since 1985) doesn't bear thinking about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭paulbok

Any ideas on when the Dublin gigs will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Struck out on ALL European dates for GA.

Guess I'm gonna have to stump up for pre-sale for the Dublin gigs:mad:

Good lower tier seats for the O2 in London are £180 up FACE VALUE!:eek::confused:

The seated tickets for the tour are a complete rip off.

A few cheap seats in the heavens and the rest are expensive.
    There are 180 pound seats available for Glasgow now and they are high up in the corners,complete farce.

It seems to me the whole lower tier (besides obstructed views) are £182.50. That is a complete and utter disgrace.

I hope people use sense and give that a miss. Would be great to see those prices backfire with them playing to half empty arenas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After seeing them for the first time in Croke Park in 2009 i have to say i will not be in any rush to see them again tbh. Got sick of Bono's preaching stuff very quick. I know thats Bono being Bono but i paid to see U2 the rock band not a lecture ha

paulbok wrote: »
    Any ideas on when the Dublin gigs will be announced?

Yesterday's Sunday Indo said there will be an announcement soon. Something about three nights in the 3Arena in November. If that's true I won't even bother trying to get tickets. Those gigs will be sold out in milliseconds.

I managed to get tickets for two shows in London this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Have the prices for tickets been the same all across Europe!?!?!

These prices are pretty outrageous!
    The cheapest ticket available for London is in the upper tier in the corner and costs €114

Huge U2 fan, but charging €228 for a decent seat is absolutely ludicrous!
    I think I'll be sitting this one out!

Have the prices for tickets been the same all across Europe!?!?!

These prices are pretty outrageous!
    The cheapest ticket available for London is in the upper tier in the corner and costs €114

Huge U2 fan, but charging €228 for a decent seat us absolutely ludicrous!
    I think I'll be seating this one out!

Yeah they give away their music for nothing so why not give away tickets for their gigs too?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah they give away their music for nothing so why not give away tickets for their gigs too?:)

Tell me your kidding?!?

They have been paid for their album, Apple bought it off of them.
    Bono announced this when U2 were accused of devaluing music by giving theirs away for free.

Granted they did say it was a modest sum, I can't imagine the band were out of pocket!

They are abusing their fans by charging these astronomical prices!
    It is really undeniable! Horrendous of a band that claims to value their fans as much!

• Advertisement

He's surely kidding. Charing €220+ for over 50% of your tickets = daylight robbery. There's absolutely no defending that.

Advertisement