Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow 200 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Got my number. Its kind of brimgs it home a bit :)
    Number 72 your time is nigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭fillup

I'm number 19

In Vietnam the average age of the combat solider was Ni-ni-ni-nineteen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

fillup wrote: »
    I'm number 19

In Vietnam the average age of the combat solider was Ni-ni-ni-nineteen
    Blimey! 19 and I thought I was quick off the mark :)

Blimey! 19 and I thought I was quick off the mark :)

That'll be the quickest you'll see out of me in relation to the WW200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I'm in.

I think what I have to do for the next two weeks before hand will be tougher than the event.

And the Event is tough. :/

Didn't see the point on waiting till next year, what would I be waiting on?

A miracle?

I don't mind being the last person home. I'll be happy having completed it, if I can.

Best of luck everyone.

Great attitude, inspiring.
    Fair play to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

neris wrote: »
    Thinking about giving this a miss. havent been on the bike in the last 2 weeks and furthest ive gone this year is just over 100km.

If the ticket is transferable and you are sure you don't want it PM me and I will buy it from you.

The quicker the better (if possible )as I have only ever done a 100k and would need to up my game over the next 2 weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daithi2004

Got my number this morning.... No 2359... Way down the line as I only registered two weeks ago. It is now closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Got my number today no16! **** just got real!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Got my number today no16! **** just got real!

0053 If anyone wants to say hello.

Name = David

I've given up on the whole anonymity over the net thing.

Not really working out for me these days... :)

I'll be on my wubbly Canyon and looking like I am suffering like a be_atch.

Still, better than lying in a ditch somewhere in afghanistan with me legs blown off.

This thought process gets me through stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

I'm 592. Really looking forward to this!

I live closer to the start than where some people will be parking their cars (if that makes sense!) so I've no excuse to not being fresh on the day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cantdoit

Glad to hear some others are struggling. Weather has been awful on my days off for the last month. Hard to get big spins in. And this marriage rubbish that I signed up for 16 years ago has me flat out slaving around the place. Do the gays really know what their in for if we vote yes.... Anyway, I'll see ye all at the rear end..... I mean the rear of the peloton of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've gone from a 12 24 on the back to a 12 28 and a 39 53 to a 34 50 up front.
    I've ground up most steep hills and tested the new setup tonight.

What have I been doing to myself! This won't be a doddle but Jesus it's gonna be a lot easier than it would've been!

Feeling a lot more confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MugMugs wrote: »
    I've gone from a 12 24 on the back to a 12 28 and a 39 53 to a 34 50 up front... .....What have I been doing to myself! This won't be a doddle but Jesus it's gonna be a lot easier than it would've been!
    I had a 34/30 as my lowest gear on Liege Bastogne Liege and still found it tough going on the 22% sections only to learn that one of the lads in our group did it on a 39/25! :eek: (...and he's only an occasional cyclist!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I had a 34/30 as my lowest gear on Liege Bastogne Liege and still found it tough going on the 22% sections only to learn that one of the lads in our group did it on a 39/25! :eek: (...and he's only an occasional cyclist!)

Take comfort in the fact that if he keeps it up he'll no longer have use of his knees in a few years :eek: Start off like an old man finish up like a young man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's given me a good boost. I knew I was stronger than what I was putting out. She's an old bike and that's the last investment into her and what a worthy one too whilst I work up the funds for my next steed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Will be popping my Wicklow 200 cherry this year, was registered last year but went and broke my humerus a few weeks before so that ruled me out. Work, weather, jigs, reels etc has meant that I've only done 25k in the last 2 weeks :eek:. Hope to get out tomorrow for a 100k+. Seem to have an affinity for longer spins though, so really looking forward to it. #1160, say hello along the way.

Anyone know how many metres ascent in Wicklow 200? The entry pack says about 1200 for the 100 but strangely doesn't mention the figure for the 200?!

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Cheers! Good practice for the 4200+ in Italy a month later :pac:

I'm not playing! :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm not playing! :eek:

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't looked myself I was perfectly happy in my own little bubble of denial. :(

Although if you look at the % gradient it doesn't look to bad but knowing Wicklow quite well I've a good idea of what I'm getting into unfortunately. Still looking forward to it all the same.

I'm kinda wishing I hadn't looked myself I was perfectly happy in my own little bubble of denial. :(

Although if you look at the % gradient it doesn't look to bad but knowing Wicklow quite well I've a good idea of what I'm getting into unfortunately. Still looking forward to it all the same.

Feck it, bring it on!

The only thing that's keeping me positive is that i did the three big climbs together on a spin recently! I was completely knackered after it though :o

The only thing that's keeping me positive is that i did the three big climbs together on a spin recently! I was completely knackered after it though :o

Slieve Mann, Wicklow Gap and....?
    I need to start paying attention to the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

terrydel wrote: »
    Slieve Mann, Wicklow Gap and....?
    I need to start paying attention to the course!

The long hill at Kilmacanogue, Wicklow gap, Slieve Mann (and the little "lump" just before it), shay Elliott, the climb out of Avoca and the final little kicker in Kilcoole just befor the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Is this definitely the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zindicato

guys relax enjoy your selves that day its not a race dont focus on finishing times and such just focus on finishing the event in your own pace,...... :-) wicklow gap and the three peaks are tough but after doing this for the last few years the toughest one that youll face is the drag in avoca on your way back to the finishing line..... after having so much mileage on your legs that day .....theres one good one at the end of this month if you want to do pre wicklow spin mickbyrne200 after doing that one w200 feels way easier:-)

I went on the beer on Friday night and skipped my planned 130k spin with about 1900m climbing in Wicklow on Saturday morning and had too many family commitments to get out on the Sunday (that plus still not being 100% after the dose of crafty craft beers on the Fri)

That was supposed to be my last long hard spin before the Wickla200

Oh the Monday morning regret of the weekend alcoholic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

After doing all three of the bigger climbs for the first time recently, I'd definitely rate Slieve Maan as the toughest, the ramp before it, and then the actual climb. All do-able, just be ready & patient on the day, you will get up them. Just stay off the jar that Friday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

After doing all three of the bigger climbs for the first time recently, I'd definitely rate Slieve Maan as the toughest, the ramp before it, and then the actual climb. All do-able, just be ready & patient on the day, you will get up them. Just stay off the jar that Friday!!

The last hill is always the toughest. Slieve Mann is tough, but you'll only have just over 100k in your legs by the time you get to it. By the time you get to Kilcoole, speed ramps will be tough! ;)

Advertisement