Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And now the trippy clips from yesteryear begin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

keithkk16 wrote: »

Nice sound from Blooms

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Any idea what day leftfield are playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Well that's torn it as far as pills are concerned

Give me a field of people on pills than a field of drunkeness any day

• Advertisement

dmm82 wrote: »
    Any idea what day leftfield are playing?

Well its narrowed down to Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st as they are playing Barrowlands in Glasgow on 19th, most likely the late set on Saturday night I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Leftfield been done to death in this country last few years.

seems like just a big band now with no orignal members living off the name and playing classics, correct me if im wrong?

big fan of there's when just the duo involved, and leftisim & rhythym & stealth deadly albums..

love the classics so will check them out anyways but saw them a couple of times in recent years and they were fairly mellow, being a big band and all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

madma wrote: »
    seems like just a big band now with no orignal members living off the name and playing classics, correct me if im wrong?
    big fan of there's when just the duo involved, and leftisim & rhythym & stealth deadly albums..

love the classics so will check them out anyways but saw them a couple of times in recent years and they were fairly mellow, being a big band and all

Leftfield is a British electronic project formed in 1989 in London, England. From 1989 to 2002, Leftfield was a duo of artists and record producers that consisted of Neil Barnes and Paul Daley (formerly of the Rivals, A Man Called Adam and the Brand New Heavies). In January 2010, Barnes resurrected Leftfield and having toured the world for a couple of years has finished writing new material for a third album entitled Alternative Light Source. Daley has declined to be involved and is focusing upon his solo career.

Saw them their first gig in dublin after a 15 year hiatus and it was brilliant. I think they are better indoors.
    Saw them at the picnic the same year and it wasn't the same . Poorly arranged set at the picnic. still good but leftfield should be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Are they day tickets for body and soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Are they day tickets for body and soul?

There was for Sunday last year but I dunno about this year.. Read a few comments up I think it was discussed

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »

Its the live group and they are releasing an new album at the start of June, this is one of the tracks from it.

https://soundcloud.com/leftfield/universal-everything

Up on Youtube too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Up on Youtube too.

Oh god I can just picture myself dancing my socks off to that

Would love to see 2 many djs and James Murphy do there Despacio set. Looks like they're doing more festivals this summer and I think it would suit B&S very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Would love to see 2 many djs and James Murphy do there Despacio set. Looks like they're doing more festivals this summer and I think it would suit B&S very well.

Do they not have a special set up for and build a dedicated venue for it, where all the speakers are pointed in a circle towards the crowd like a dancefloor

lbj666 wrote: »
    Do they not have a special set up for and build a dedicated venue for it, where all the speakers are pointed in a circle towards the crowd like a dancefloor

They did a load of festivals last summer with that setup, I don't see why they couldn't bring it here. Fingers crossed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah Despacio is a big job, they have their own custom built speakers (something like 16 of them) all facing one another in a circle, they didn't want to create a thing like most gigs where it's the crowd facing the DJ, so the DJ booth is kind of hidden/lowered. Was over at it in London last year and it was excellent, they had so many records in stacks of boxes, agree that it would be perfect for B&S but it's too much of an expensive operation for a festival of this size.

One of my friends that was with me in London was at their gig in the Olympia on Paddys weekend, he got chatting to Dave Dewaele afterwards and was asking if they have any plans to bring Despacio to Ireland/UK, Dave wasn't giving much away but Stephen popped his head in and said Electric Picnic. He could have been joking but it would be an unbelievable addition to EP if true.

Yeah Despacio is a big job, they have their own custom built speakers (something like 16 of them) all facing one another in a circle, they didn't want to create a thing like most gigs where it's the crowd facing the DJ, so the DJ booth is kind of hidden/lowered. Was over at it in London last year and it was excellent, they had so many records in stacks of boxes, agree that it would be perfect for B&S but it's too much of an expensive operation for a festival of this size.

One of my friends that was with me in London was at their gig in the Olympia on Paddys weekend, he got chatting to Dave Dewaele afterwards and was asking if they have any plans to bring Despacio to Ireland/UK, Dave wasn't giving much away but Stephen popped his head in and said Electric Picnic. He could have been joking but it would be an unbelievable addition to EP if true.

Nice one, hope it's true. Got my ep ticket bought too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Despacio at EP would be amazing.
    hoping they bring it to Glastonbury again this year, seeing as it'll be at Wireless in London a few weeks later.

Was blasting out Leftfield@Electric Picnic 2010 in the promenade at Salthill, the amount of smiles and grins returned to me suggested that a fair Galway contingent is going to Body & Soul 2015. :)

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's always been there but the Bulmers Lounge Line Up is on the site now

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

A few reports Kiasmos being added to the line up. Anything official yet? Would be super addition if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Roudolph wrote: »
    A few reports Kiasmos being added to the line up. Anything official yet? Would be super addition if true.

Ólafur Arnalds said it at their gig in Opium Rooms that they'll be back for it :)

Who are Kiasmos I've never heard of them.

Edit: Just answered my own question, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Finally going to go to Body & Soul this year after it clashing with other things I couldn't get out of. I think I am pretty sussed up on most of the general goings on, shower situation etc,, but am confused by the beer situation.

What I'm confused about is: can you only bring in a very restricted amount? no going back to the car for seconds? are you actually able to bring your own beer in to the main areas at anytime or after 10? am getting conflicting info from some people, figured this thread is the source of the truth!

Finally going to go to Body & Soul this year after it clashing with other things I couldn't get out of. I think I am pretty sussed up on most of the general goings on, shower situation etc,, but am confused by the beer situation.

What I'm confused about is: can you only bring in a very restricted amount? no going back to the car for seconds? are you actually able to bring your own beer in to the main areas at anytime or after 10? am getting conflicting info from some people, figured this thread is the source of the truth!

It was Free-Flow policy last year, I think you are limited to 24 cans or something like that when entering but there's no checks once you are in the arena and going out and back from the main camp site. Its kinda better where you are working it as crew camp have their own entrance and you can keep tipping up your supply. Surely you wouldn't be drinking all of the afternoon, its nice occasionally to have an espresso with a spliff or even a Natasha's Kitchen smoothie or even water to cool ya down.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

It was Free-Flow policy last year, I think you are limited to 24 cans or something like that when entering but there's no checks once you are in the arena and going out and back from the main camp site. Its kinda better where you are working it as crew camp have their own entrance and you can keep tipping up your supply. Surely you wouldn't be drinking all of the afternoon, its nice occasionally to have an espresso with a spliff or even a Natasha's Kitchen smoothie or even water to cool ya down.

thanks! believe me all the above options are open!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

i got my weekend ticket but only realised it clashes with fleetwood mac on the saturday, what way does it work with wristbands, would i be able to give it to a freind so that he could go the saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Roudolph

Yeah Kiasmos are great. One of best electronic albums of last year. They will suit Body & Soul perfectly.

• Advertisement

i got my weekend ticket but only realised it clashes with fleetwood mac on the saturday, what way does it work with wristbands, would i be able to give it to a freind so that he could go the saturday?

You could chance it but risky

Advertisement