Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    I was at that...that was the very last tune....the woods are the most fun. Between that stage and my house i find it hard to leave it!

That was an unbelievable end to the weekend. Completely agree, that stage and My House are such good fun all the time it's hard to leave! Went into the silent disco one night in the Midnight Circus tent and that was also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is a great fcuking addition.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

This is a great fcuking addition.

Tiga live should be interesting. Expecting some Gary Numan type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Rfrip wrote: »
    I was at that...that was the very last tune....the woods are the most fun. Between that stage and my house i find it hard to leave it!

Think for newcomers we need to remind people everyone was in world cup mode at the time, it would be a very random song choice otherwise. I love the juke joint too but it was in a better spot in 2013, ive never had the phone out saving stuff on shazam as much as i did in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mr.S wrote: »
    I raise you multiple boyos

But yah, it's not as "ravey" as EP, much more fun.

Mother last year at it was lotsa giggles

Hah in fairness that was a bit of a legendary last song moment.

The Reckless in Love stage was all very chilled in the days leading up to that.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for this now. Have my tickets booked, ended up going boutique this year because the missus won't do camping! Ha.

I can easily say without a shadow of a doubt B&S last year was the best festival I've ever been at, by a country mile. I probably had one of the best weekends of my life there last year. If this year is half as good I'll be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Tiga live should be interesting. Expecting some Gary Numan type of thing.

Tiga plays industrial music these days? .. I am so out of date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

pmalone wrote: »
    Tiga plays industrial music these days? .. I am so out of date :(

I assume he means more new wave numan , not industrial numan.

Actually did anyone get the feeling that many people who went to see numan last year imagined seeing a (currently trendy) 80s version of himself insted of his industrial trent reznory self.

Some people actually looked a bit appalled by some metal riffs ..... idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

lbj666 wrote: »
    I assume he means more new wave numan , not industrial numan.

Actually did anyone get the feeling that many people who went to see numan last year imagined seeing a (currently trendy) 80s version of himself insted of his industrial trent reznory self.

Some people actually looked a bit appalled by some metal riffs ..... idiots.

I met a lad there who was expecting the 80s stuff, but was then totally blown away by what he heard. I thought everyone was blown away, well apart from my missus, who had just had her happy weekend moment with John Grant and has no interest in industrial.

Didn't actually catch Numan last year. Did hear Cars from my tent tho and the whole campsite went mad. That was a good moment.

Its actually mad, looking through pics I'm only remembering things now (it was a very, eh... hazy weekend), I just remembered how good Goldfrapp were, but had incidentally forgot they were even playing until I saw the lineup poster there for last year.

• Advertisement

One thing I would say about '15 is that whilst the lineup looks amazing, it doesn't really have a patch on last year. Still, I do think about 70% of the fun you have is done without music there, the acts are like a nice bonus

EDIT: I say that but I did see pretty much everyone last year bar kimbie and numan.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there more headliners to be expected or is that the 3 now? Last years line up seemed to have more big names.

Flight Facilities put on their facebook that they're playing the Saturday night. Did the mainstage finish early on the Sunday? Thought it finished at 12 last year, if so I'd hope Leftfield play on the Friday then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Has anyone received their tickets for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yep, few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Yep, few weeks back

Ah right, won my tickets so might knock them an email to see what the craic is. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Flight Facilities put on their facebook that they're playing the Saturday night. Did the mainstage finish early on the Sunday? Thought it finished at 12 last year, if so I'd hope Leftfield play on the Friday then.

Yeah I believe main stage closed at 12ish and then the forest stages closed at 2! Got my ticket back in February, came really quickly actually

I reckon thats wrong, I'd say Leftfield will be closing the main stage on Saturday night. Also I think the main stage closed at 2 am on Friday and Saturday and the forest stages closed at 4 am Friday, Saturday and Sunday, same rules as regards Electric Picnic.

I reckon thats wrong, I'd say Leftfield will be closing the main stage on Saturday night. Also I think the main stage closed at 2 am on Friday and Saturday and the forest stages closed at 4 am Friday, Saturday and Sunday, same rules as regards Electric Picnic.

I'd say FF are playing the Saturday anyway. They posted a pic of their European tour dates and it said Body & Soul, Ireland - 20th June. What could possibly happen would be they play second or third last and then Leftfield finish out the main stage, it would definitely make the most sense to have Leftfield play that slot on the Saturday.

Yeah main stage was 2 on Friday & Sat, then midnight on Sunday. Forest went on until 4am the Friday and Saturday but I have a vague recollection of it closing earlier the Sunday night.. 2/3am maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'd say FF are playing the Saturday anyway. They posted a pic of their European tour dates and it said Body & Soul, Ireland - 20th June. What could possibly happen would be they play second or third last and then Leftfield finish out the main stage, it would definitely make the most sense to have Leftfield play that slot on the Saturday.

Yeah main stage was 2 on Friday & Sat, then midnight on Sunday. Forest went on until 4am the Friday and Saturday but I have a vague recollection of it closing earlier the Sunday night.. 2/3am maybe?

Last year was the first time the main stage even opened on a Friday as far as I know, and the only act that played it was Darkside. Closed @ 2 sounds about right - but it it only opened @ 12.30!!!

Could it be that FF play the Midnight Circus on Saturday (ala Jon Hopkins last year)???

Please god let Leftfield be on the main stage.... I'm sure they will be but less certain on FF, especially if Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Hey folks, I just noticed that campervan tickets are back on sale for Body&Soul via ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Dibble wrote: »
    Hey folks, I just noticed that campervan tickets are back on sale for Body&Soul via ticketmaster

I came here to post that! Having trouble buying a 3day camping pass at the min. Hopefully just a glitch and they are not sold out......

Is anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I came here to post that! Having trouble buying a 3day camping pass at the min. Hopefully just a glitch and they are not sold out......

Is anyone else having trouble?

It's saying Limited Availability on TM but I think the installment plan tickets are fine so reckon they just need to re-load the allocation online.

Edit: I managed to add a single one to my basket there, should become available again momentarily.

Another new one from Leftfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

frantic190 wrote: »
    It's saying Limited Availability on TM but I think the installment plan tickets are fine so reckon they just need to re-load the allocation online.

Edit: I managed to add a single one to my basket there, should become available again momentarily.

Yeah, I got one about an hour after posting that. Thanks for replying. Delighted now I have it as I reckon they'll sell out early enough this year... It seems to be getting very popular now!

Whats going to be the capacity this year, was it 8,500 last year or 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It was 8500 last year, was another increased mooted??

I haven't heard anything about an increase this year.

Is there another headliner still to be announced for this or is Flight Facilities considered a headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Sorry for my ignorance but am I right in saying the main stage is only on the Saturday and Sunday? Just wondering cos I'm not sure I can head up til the saturday.

From the official website:
    The Body&Soul Arena will open at 12pm on Saturday 20th June

That sounds like no main stage on the Friday - as per previous years with the exception of Darkside last year.

• Advertisement

For anyone enquiring about the free-flow policy regarding booze, they are sticking to the same plan as last year, they answered a post in their facebook event page.

"It'll be the same as last year so 24 cans of beer/cider and 2 bottles of wine per person (no glass permitted on site) OR 1 bottle (750ml) of spirits and 2 bottles of wine per person (again, no glass permitted on site). Alcohol must be brought in at time of first entry to festival. Re-entry with alcohol will not be permitted."

Advertisement