Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

They tweeted yesterday that they will be making an announcement around the equinox in March, so probably two weeks from tomorrow.

sweet looking forward to it. hopefully some great acts like last year.

it will be 6th year in a row going i think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Could the launch date hurry up please, as we are not going to know who is playing if no one is announced.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah it' a bit annoying. first announcement was at the end of February last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

yeah it' a bit annoying. first announcement was at the end of February last year...

I'm guessing they're waiting until after their Paddys Day event @ IMMA - Don't want to divert attention from it?

Maybe some overlap in the acts?

Afaik, they've stated they'll name acts around the Spring Equinox which I'd say means an announcement within a week of Paddys Day.

Until then, we just need to stay patient (or do I mean frustrated...)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

From OTR

Flight Facilities
    Savages
    Ásgeir
    Austra
    Goat
    Nightmares On Wax
    Rhye
    Lamb
    Matthew E. White
    Dan Deacon
    Talaboman
    James Holden
    Clark
    SOHN
    MMOTHS
    Brandt Brauer Frick
    Songhoy Blues
    Natalie Prass
    **** Robot
    ALO WALA
    OY
    New Jackson
    Jonathan Toubin
    Meltybrains?
    King Kong Company
    Grounds For Invasion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Very nice. No headliners there though, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

wowser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Looks like il be spending the wkend you tubing!haven't heard of 90% of that!!!!

Educate me !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

james holden will be special.
    if he shows up

Been to the last 4, but decided to give it a break this year - beginning to regret my decision now. Been wanting to see Goat play the last 2 festivals!

Not so sure any of them would be typical headliners, but I wouldn't care as there are some cracking acts in that announcement.

• Advertisement

Oh I'm getting excited now!i can almost here the woods calling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wow fantastic undercard

Mmoths, James Holden, Goat, Asgeir, MeltyBrains, Dan Deacon, sohn

Get on all those artists, this is electric special

Wow fantastic undercard

Mmoths, James Holden, Goat, Asgeir, MeltyBrains, Dan Deacon, sohn

Get on all those artists, this is electric special

Great there's the wkend sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Rfrip wrote: »
    Looks like il be spending the wkend you tubing!haven't heard of 90% of that!!!!

Educate me !!!!!

Hadn't heard of SOHN before Electric Picnic last year but got the album beforehand and made a calculated decision to miss London Grammar for him, well worth it. He was outstanding. Especially for a bloke sitting on a wheely stage plinking away on a Casio

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it me or the tickets kinda steep for smallish festival like B&S

Interesting line-up - plenty there to be going on with.

Do people think there will be "headliners" added later???? Not sure BnS really needs them as the stuff on the Main Stage and in the dance tent isn't even really half the story of the festival what with the woods and all that...

Delighted to see they're having another go at having James Holden over, and looking forward to Clark too - would have liked to see his show there around Xmas in Dublin but couldn't make it.

I think they've sold out pretty regularly the last few years - which makes the answer "No".

This announcement is low on names that will pull in the more casual festival goer, plus I reckon Forbidden Fruit, Longitude and Life have all made strong announcements this year - so they might need a couple of bigger names to get added to get the sellout this year???

Do people think there will be "headliners" added later???? Not sure BnS really needs them as the stuff on the Main Stage and in the dance tent isn't even really half the story of the festival what with the woods and all that...

Not necessarily, but it has been the case the last 3 years to get in relatively large or more well known acts to play the main stage (M83, Nick Cave, Goldfrapp). Nothing bigger than acts like that, but I dont think what they have announced today would be on the same level as those

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Personally, I'm more than happy with the price. Loved last years line up but don't think I actually seen one act bar Buraka Som Sistema because I was having too much fun in the forest area! Favourite festival & something for everyone non stop during the day. Can't wait

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Personally, I'm more than happy with the price. Loved last years line up but don't think I actually seen one act bar Buraka Som Sistema because I was having too much fun in the forest area! Favourite festival & something for everyone non stop during the day. Can't wait

Exactly the same, saw very little on the main stages. The woods are just too much fun to leave. I assume mother djs and hidden agenda are back for the wkend.
    I remember we were just walking along round the walled garden and a disco just popped up. Stayed there for ages, Michael Jackson himself could have been resurrected on the main stage at the same time and I wouldn't have left it!!!
    It's just such a magical place and it's done so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Happy with that line up! Very pleasantly surprised they got Flight Facilities, thought they would be booked for EP. Good few acts there I would like to check out and a few I've seen before who are very good, already looking better than last years line up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Liking the lineup so far.

Thought they might go for someone like Primal Scream or Johnny Marr for the main stage, could still do i suppose.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Exactly the same, saw very little on the main stages. The woods are just too much fun to leave. I assume mother djs and hidden agenda are back for the wkend.
    I remember we were just walking along round the walled garden and a disco just popped up. Stayed there for ages, Michael Jackson himself could have been resurrected on the main stage at the same time and I wouldn't have left it!!!
    It's just such a magical place and it's done so well

I'm hoping Mother will be back, definitely the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm fairly happy with that announcement hopefully this time the airline doesn't loose Holden's synth. Theres a few Warp artists in there too, Nightmares on wax and Clark, will try and catch Austra this time around and Talaboman sounds like an interesting combination, it seems to be a thing this year what with SiriusModeselektor at Life too. I enjoyed Brant Bauer Frick when they played at the Body & Soul part of EP in 2011, so will probably check them out again for a bit. I presume there will be an announcement in the Spring Equinox with a few headliners, so hopefully a few more surprises there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

There is a special €20 discount if you buy a B&S Weekend ticket and a ticket for the B&S run event in Kilmainham IMMA next week.

Guessing the IMMA event isn't selling well and this will shift some tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Pretty nice, would love to catch Austra, Matthew E. White and SOHN.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Happy with that line up! Very pleasantly surprised they got Flight Facilities, thought they would be booked for EP. Good few acts there I would like to check out and a few I've seen before who are very good, already looking better than last years line up for me.

Yea same was hoping EP would get them :(

Having done some initial research into the acts I knew next to nothing about, am feeling pretty excited about the line-up.

The likes of Rhye, Brandt Brauer Frick and Songhoy Blues all seem really interesting.

I may completely change my mind when I do some listening, and even if I don't will probably not see any of them cos I'm busy at Reckless in Love or in a hot-tub or something...

Anyhow, having been worried about where BnS were going to get a decent line-up from based on the acts that I knew were touring, I'm feeling pretty pleased now.

Anybody on the instalment plan, they tweeted someone saying the second instalment goes out march 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I bought my ticket for 140 before the line-up was announced...why the fook didn't I just buy it before Christmas!

Line-up looks nice enough to me so far but I must admit to not knowing most of it! Given that I love flight facilities, nightmares on wax and mmoths, is there anyone on that line-up I should definitely be checking out first? reading the blurb on Goat - they sound absolutely mental, but also very appealing!

Advertisement