Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

i got my weekend ticket but only realised it clashes with fleetwood mac on the saturday, what way does it work with wristbands, would i be able to give it to a freind so that he could go the saturday?

It's possible but you could risk making an absolute balls of the wristband taking it off and then both of ye would be left stuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Mates of mine succeeded in the above at EP last year using the plastic bag trick. Not really sure on the specifics of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

It's possible but you could risk making an absolute balls of the wristband taking it off and then both of ye would be left stuck...

Yeah it completely depends on how tight they put the wristband on. You just have to suss it out when you get there on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think Body & Soul should book Madness, touring around late May and June in the UK would be a great Sunday evening act on the main stage IF they can't get Toots and the Maytals. Just looking at the Madness live schedule and it looks possible that they could fit in, there is a nice gap in their June schedule 6th June at Portsmouth and the next gig on the 26th at Newmarket. I hope they booked them. http://www.madness.co.uk/live/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Thanks, No idea what the plastic bag trick is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think Body & Soul should book Madness, touring around late May and June in the UK would be a great Sunday evening act on the main stage IF they can't get Toots and the Maytals. Just looking at the Madness live schedule and it looks possible that they could fit in, there is a nice gap in their June schedule 6th June at Portsmouth and the next gig on the 26th at Newmarket. I hope they booked them. http://www.madness.co.uk/live/

Madness at body and soul????!!!!! Christ I know where I wouldn't be at that time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    Madness at body and soul????!!!!! Christ I know where I wouldn't be at that time!!!

So you don't like Madness, I thought they went down well at EP 2009, a fun act, anyways was just a suggestion.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So you don't like Madness, I thought they went down well at EP 2009, a fun act, anyways was just a suggestion.

Oh they wouldn't be my cup of tea at all and can't see them fitting into bns to be honest...that's just my thoughts thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

Thanks, No idea what the plastic bag trick is!!

Stuff a plastic bag between your wrist and the band. The bag will get rid of any friction between the band and wrist and should come straight off with a bit of pressure. It works the same for getting it back on. I know people who repeated this 5/6 times to get a load of friends into EP so it's tried and tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Kiasmos are a fantastic addition .. very good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

First time B&Ser(?) this June and was just wondering if any of you could tell me what to expect? I have heard its incredibly similar to Electric Picnic in terms of vibe amd appearance. Is this true? I dont mind if its not LOL. Oxegen wasnt the most "pleasent" experience but I always still had a good time. Also , Whats the sitch with booze? Like EP you bring a ****e load of cans with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Its more chilled out than the Picnic, more mature and a good bit friendlier, Picnic you have your fair share of dickheads that you have to ignore to keep that "vibe" you are on about going. Think the body and soul area in the picnic except way bigger

As for booze , last year they had a policy that you can only bring 24 cans and a bottle of spirits with you and you have to bring into to the site on your first entry (obviously you can sneak more in ) . You are allowed to drink your own booze everywhere though once its in.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

lbj666 wrote: »
    You are allowed to drink your own booze everywhere though once its in.

Wasn't sure about drink either, this is great news. First year too.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure about drink either, this is great news. First year too.

The policy again but it worked a dream last year , it was a disaster the year before. Thing is whoever sponsors it ( think its bulmers) could kick up a fuss and try and get them to change it back, i don't think takings at the bar were majorly effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

lbj666 wrote: »
    The policy again but it worked a dream last year , it was a disaster the year before. Thing is whoever sponsors it ( think its bulmers) could kick up a fuss and try and get them to change it back, i don't think takings at the bar were majorly effected.

Nothing is up on the FAQs on the site yet so hopefully it will remain the same. Really made the festival a more relaxed environment. Vodafone Comedy Tent line up is out. Being headlined by Jason Byrne & Panti

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Super Furry Animals just added!
    as a headliner i presume. perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Tiga(Live) and Soak also added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Beans_On wrote: »
    Super Furry Animals just added!
    as a headliner i presume. perfect.

****ing yes, was hoping they'd be added to this or the Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Very excited about seeing SFA again. They should make a great headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

SFA are a great addition, was in 2 minds about going but this has clinched it for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Line up is ticking a lot of boxes for me this year! SFA are always a welcome addition

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Sorry for my ignorance but am I right in saying the main stage is only on the Saturday and Sunday? Just wondering cos I'm not sure I can head up til the saturday.

Sorry for my ignorance but am I right in saying the main stage is only on the Saturday and Sunday? Just wondering cos I'm not sure I can head up til the saturday.

They put Darkside on the mainstage friday night last year because they figure the midnight circus tent would be too packed.

I dunno would anyone be that in demand this year for them to do that. There will be someone at the top of the bill playing the midnight circus tend on friday night. You will miss stuff but not a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

First time heading down to this, initial line up I wasnt mad on but the addition of Tiga and Leftfield has me rightly excited!

First time heading down to this too. Does B&S have the rave in the woods similar to EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

First time heading down to this too. Does B&S have the rave in the woods similar to EP?

Sort of. They have a few stages down in the wooded area, Reckless in Love was the equivalent of the 'rave in the woods', although not as big obviously. Personally preferred the one at Body & Soul, the music was more disco/house rather than techno at picnic. Mainly Irish acts/djs that played there as well!

Great announcement yesterday, the line up for this is looking great. Presume Supper Furry Animals, Leftfield and Flight Facilities are their three headliners then? I wonder will Flight Facilities play on the main stage, would hate for it to be too packed in the Midnight Circus tent.

Would people recommend B&S over Sea Sessions? I know they are on the same weekend and have friends going to both so just wondering which would be better to go to.

Ya they have around 3 stages playing pretty close to each other late at night in the woods. Its not a big lights and laser setup like the picnic. Like everyone says its mainly disco funk house and its not geared for boyos who want to get totally out of their mind in the midst of pounding techno like you see at the picnic. They are parties more than "raves" to be honest, its great fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Would people recommend B&S over Sea Sessions? I know they are on the same weekend and have friends going to both so just wondering which would be better to go to.

No competition by all accounts.

I think B&S is the best festival of the lot of them by a country mile.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I raise you multiple boyos

But yah, it's not as "ravey" as EP, much more fun.

Mother last year at it was lotsa giggles

I was at that...that was the very last tune....the woods are the most fun. Between that stage and my house i find it hard to leave it!

Advertisement