Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options
  • 21-11-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Early Bird tickets on sale now, Tier 1 seem to be gone already!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

got a Tier 2 ticket. still can't buy them on the installment plan though.

couldn't get any at midday, and then tried within 1 minute of them posting about a few more Tier 1 tickets going onsale.
    i'd say the allocation for Tier 1 is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

tier 2 sold out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They must release very little tickets in each tier, looks like both tiers are sold out within a few hours of them going on sale! Can't remember what the final tier prices are (€130/140ish I'm thinking) which is still great value, went for the first time last year and was blown away by how good it was, would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about going.

Tier 1 was gone in about 3 minutes. i tried at 12:05 and they were all gone.

final price is €150:
    http://bodyandsoul.ie/info/ticket-information/
    Full Tiered Pricing Details:

General and Family Weekend Tickets:

Tier 1 EU89.50 incl booking fee

Tier 2 EU99.50 incl booking fee

Tier 3 EU109.50 incl booking fee

Tier 4 EU139.50 incl booking fee

Tier 5 EU149.50 incl booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

so when might we see tier 3?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i just bought 2 weekend tickets at tier 2 prices. seems some become available every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Happy camper here, won my tickets so no scrambling for tickets. Just have to figure out if I've got the cahonies to do B&S AND Glasto!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Might as well start a new one for this, do you think James Holden might make it this year, I think they should book Daniel Avery as Mr Hopkins is playing Electric Picnic, Hopkins might be on the Body & Soul main stage in the village at EP. Seeing that tUNeYards was announced by EP in 2014, it was only after that they turned out to be playing the Body & Soul part of EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So the Body & Soul Facebook event page is talking about Bjork and the release of her new album, she would be an exceptional choice for B&S, didn't she headline EP though on Saturday 2013, I suppose she was subbing Disclosure, would she be too big to headline the Body & Soul main stage, considering Nick Cave headlined B&S that same year and he has headlined EP in 2005.

I'll say it again people Bjork! perhaps, she would definitely fit in to the B&S ethos, but can B&S afford her and would the main stage be able to accommodate her choir, visuals and band and of course no Mark Bell (RIP) but she would still be quite a coup for the festival. She is touring her new album around March/April and early June in the US, so she is at least touring around June. B&S has grown in the last few years with Goldfrapp and Nick Cave headlining B&S in the last few years so Bjork is entirely plausible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Bjork would be a great fit for B&S - agreed. Daniel Avery also close to the top of my personal wishlist for the event, Jon Talabot has been before so could be time for a repeat visit.

More wishlist names: Greg Wilson, Rustie, James Blake, Panda Bear, Patti Smith, Sun Kil Moon

Bjork would be a great fit for B&S - agreed. Daniel Avery also close to the top of my personal wishlist for the event, Jon Talabot has been before so could be time for a repeat visit.

More wishlist names: Greg Wilson, Rustie, James Blake, Panda Bear, Patti Smith, Sun Kil Moon

Yeah I didn't realise that Avery was playing gigs last December in Dublin, he looks pretty active leading up to Body & Soul, his last gig in the calender so far is Sonar in Barcelona on 19th June, so there is a possibility and he is a similar buzz to Hopkins, Panthu du prince, Holden etc. Four Tet has a new album coming out too and he has been discussed on the event page as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

when is the line up announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Missed rustie at EP along with about ten of my must sees that weekend so would def like to see him at body and soul.
    I'd love caribou again aswell

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    when is the line up announced?

They told me on the event page that it would be at the Spring Equinox, so about March 20th which is a while away, but check out their event page, so far they are talking about Four Tet, Bjork, St Vincent. So worth keeping an eye out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Sonar (in Barcelona the Thu-Sat of B&S weekend) has just announced a load more acts. Last year they had Caribou, James Holden and Jon Hopkins so fairly probable we'll see some overlap in the names

One interesting name is Duran Duran - too big for B&S??? Not a fit perhaps? Would be great craic I reckon...

Other names that would float my boat:
    Daniel Avery
    FKA twigs
    Flying Lotus
    Jamie xx
    Maya Jane Coles
    The Bug

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

are bus tickets from dublin available on their own ? I only see the option to buy them together with the ticket on the site. what if I want to buy festival ticket now and bus ticket on its own later.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Casshern88 wrote: »
    are bus tickets from dublin available on their own ? I only see the option to buy them together with the ticket on the site. what if I want to buy festival ticket now and bus ticket on its own later.

You can buy from the bus itself on the day, that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Anybody know when the installment ticket fee is due to be debited?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tojo23

when is the second installment debited?

EP debited yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

tojo23 wrote: »
    when is the second installment debited?

EP debited yesterday

I think I seen March 1st somewhere but I'm not 100%

Lamb are playing.. If anyone is familiar with them. B&S just rt'd their announcement

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Lamb are playing.. If anyone is familiar with them. B&S just rt'd their announcement

Oooh nice. I was obsessed with that song Gabriel back in the day

HausOfTony wrote: »

Is that not for the Iveagh Gardens slot on St Patrick's Eve rather than the Body & Soul festival.

yeah, Lamb are playing Ériu in the IMMA on 16th March which B&S are involved with.

Is that not for the Iveagh Gardens slot on St Patrick's Eve rather than the Body & Soul festival.

They tweeted that they are playing at body and soul in June!

On the body & soul twitter they rt'd Lambs tweet which says they'll be @ both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

still no announcement, with all the other gigs and festivals lineups out it be nice to get this one out, tickets on sale ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They tweeted yesterday that they will be making an announcement around the equinox in March, so probably two weeks from tomorrow.

• Advertisement

There's always enough in the woods to keep me entertained but looking forward to hearing whose headlining nonetheless.
    Unreal wkend last year

Advertisement