Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Is there more acts to be announced soon or is that it for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Fingers crossed for Patti Smith headlining.

Playing Verona that Friday and Frankfurt the following Monday so unlikely but one can dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lc180

Fingers crossed for Patti Smith headlining.

Playing Verona that Friday and Frankfurt the following Monday so unlikely but one can dream.

She's playing Dublin on Jun 1st. I reckon that rules her out for a festival appearance so soon afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Is there more acts to be announced soon or is that it for a while?

There was a rumour backstage at the ERIU IMMA gig that they havn't found a headliner yet but it's still early days if there's any truth in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm sure B&S said that there would be an announcement for the Spring Equinox as well, so hopefully one or two headliners announced this weekend at some point.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

reading the blurb on Goat - they sound absolutely mental, but also very appealing!

Saw them at Liverpool Psychfest last year: one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Haven't got a ticket yet due to lack of funds/work but after hearing they were playing I've been trying everything to make it happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭fits

Can anyone tell me about the boutique camping? I need a good bed. (back issues). There are eight of us going but not all might want the boutique camping option.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

fits wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me about the boutique camping? I need a good bed. (back issues). There are eight of us going but not all might want the boutique camping option.

it isn't too cheap but it has value in other ways. its all set up for you (no lugging tents or bedding), its in a quiet section, inflatable double beds with linen on them, comfortable and comes with a few shower tokens.
    no taking stuff down at end of weekend, just head on when your done.
    I go for it because (a im lazy and don't like lugging gear for me and the missus
    (b im getting on and like a small degree of comfort camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭fits

The others dont want to go for it after all. I think ill buy a camp bed. Cant sleep on the ground for three days!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Mogwai announced for Cork the 17th then Dublin 18th June.

could they be lined up for B&S the next night?
    Heres hoping.Would be perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

bad sesh to you-you've got my hopes up now!

I reckon the next announcement will be April sometime, I hope Holden is on Saturday night, I can imagine the mind bendingness of Lump reverberating around the Midnight Circus, will be fecking brilliant he usually closes with that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Can't see anything about the drinks policy (like last year where you were only allowed a certain quantity) or about bringing drink into the main arena on the FAQ this year. Do you think they could have changed it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Can't see anything about the drinks policy (like last year where you were only allowed a certain quantity) or about bringing drink into the main arena on the FAQ this year. Do you think they could have changed it back?

Oh god I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Mr.S wrote: »
    Apparently Bjork to be added in the next additions~

Seriously? Where did you see that?

Hopefully it's true. Would love to see her again, as was never really a fan but caught the last few songs of her performance at EP a few years ago (2013 maybe?) and she was sensational!

She will really shift tickets, so I better get cracking and buy mine!

They were talking about her on the B&S event page a while back, that would be a really neat coup if they got her, she would be the biggest headliner the festival has procured. I mean feck, rumours in the Glastonbury forums and other big festivals in the Efestivals forum keep harping on about getting Bjork but if a small festival like Body & Soul can snap up a headliner like Bjork they must be doing something right, I can't blame Bjork for choosing to play B&S it would suit her down to the ground. I can imagine her show scaled down to fit the B&S main stage.

Just looking at the Bjork event guide, her last listed date in June 5th is Governers Music Ball in New York, The next date listed is Castlefield Arena, Manchester 5th July, so very plausible, a few dates could be fitted in between.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/492728-bjork

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/bjork/dates?yr=2015

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the Manchester date is billed as her first European gig for the new album.

Well hopefully more will be added before the Manchester date for the European leg, it can always be altered, Was looking at other festivals on at the same time there is one in Iceland with a similar line up to Body & Soul and some that have previously played Body & Soul. Secret Solstice.

http://secretsolstice.is/#!/lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

I just realised Talaboman is John Talabot and Axel Boman b2b. I just got a bit more excited for B & S:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh god I hope not

Please God let them keep it the same as last year, I genuinely believe it was one of the main reasons last year was so enjoyable.

There was no waiting around on mates to load up on drink in the camp-site and we caught loads more bands/acts as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

Was there last year. Amazing festival. My first time.

But on the last night they closed all stages early except for the one deep in the woods, we (the girlfriend and I) decided to go back to the tent as everything was closing and there were a lot of scummers who obviously jumped the fences,
    We got out to where the carnival rides were and were met by about 8 thousand people going into the woods to the last stage. That was scarey! And not a good idea!

It was a great weekend. The last night there were too many shadey scumbags walking around who obviously bunked in and were robbing tents, bugging folk for cigs and drink, looking for trouble.
    Hope security keeps them away.

Best part was the random orc drum circle.
    Worst was the dirtballs and the swarm.

This festival was amazing, such great people we met, we were helped with our tent on the first day by a guy camping across from us....that was cool.
    Got some cool beads and necklaces, and tripped balls and we danced our asses off in the juke joint and other places.

The decadent dining was not our cup of tea but it was good to experience it....hope the menu is better this year....not into artichokes and mini Quale's ha ha.

Hope the weather is as good as it was last year.....what a weekend. Body and soul rules!

Totally, just so stress free aswell. Wish electric picnic did the same

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was there really a scumbag presence there last year? That worries me for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was there really a scumbag presence there last year? That worries me for this year

Ah there wasn't. I agree with the raven 15 that there was a small bit of that feeling on the Sunday night but only a very small amount of undesirables got in, the rest of the weekend there was virtually none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ah there wasn't. I agree with the raven 15 that there was a small bit of that feeling on the Sunday night but only a very small amount of undesirables got in, the rest of the weekend there was virtually none.
    Yeah the few scummers that got in stood out like a sore thumb. I think they are less inclined to behave like cnuts when they are the minority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Rfrip wrote: »
    Totally, just so stress free aswell. Wish electric picnic did the same

I went to Electric Picnic 6 years in a row, but I'm done with it now!

Body & Soul is the new EP imo

I went to Electric Picnic 6 years in a row, but I'm done with it now!

Body & Soul is the new EP imo

Il still continue with ep to be honest but I completly agree with you thou!!first time last year going to body and soul and the whole wkend was just magical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

The weather last year made it so much more better in fairness though.

• Advertisement

bleg wrote: »
    The weather last year made it so much more better in fairness though.

Yeah it was like Life 2012 weather, absolutely glorious.

Advertisement