Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul - Jun 19-21, 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

bleg wrote: »
    The weather last year made it so much more better in fairness though.

Fingers x for same again!

Been you tubing the line up all morning and I love EVERYTHING !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Please God let them keep it the same as last year, I genuinely believe it was one of the main reasons last year was so enjoyable.

There was no waiting around on mates to load up on drink in the camp-site and we caught loads more bands/acts as a result

Agreed, also made the place feel safer with young kids as no one seems mad drunk after skulking cans quickly to get into the arena

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Agreed, also made the place feel safer with young kids as no one seems mad drunk after skulking cans quickly to get into the arena

Completely agree, makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

Rfrip wrote: »
    Completely agree, makes a huge difference.

Fingers crossed, it's not changed back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Rfrip wrote: »
    Been you tubing the line up all morning and I love EVERYTHING !!!!!!

Same, I just bought my ticket today and I've been going through the line up ever since!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Any idea when we're gonna see the headliners announced? When was it announced last year? My first year going.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

Hey first year going and just got my ticket there...was looking through all the events and activities and there is loads to do so I'm really looking forward to it!

One thing I am wondering is how many of the workshops and attractions are free or not, and if not free how much do they normally cost (the massages, therapies, saunas etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Hey first year going and just got my ticket there...was looking through all the events and activities and there is loads to do so I'm really looking forward to it!

One thing I am wondering is how many of the workshops and attractions are free or not, and if not free how much do they normally cost (the massages, therapies, saunas etc...)

All the massages and such are pay in but not terribly pricey. You're saving on money not having to buy booze at the place anyway so might as well support the workshops! I had great craic contributing to a clay totem pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭snicket

Hey, can anyone explain how the installment tickets work? I just went to buy one of the tier 4 ones and right at the end in the T&C's it said the second installment would come out on the 20th April. That's less than 2 weeks away, which seems a bit soon? I'd much prefer to go for the Tier 5, in which the 2nd installment apparently doesn't have to be paid until June 6, but it doesn't look like that's an option right now. Anyone got any insights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Myself and friends thinking of heading to this for the first time this year. Interesting concept and it sounds like a chilled out festival. Just wondering however if it's a very tripped out crowd if you know what I mean? Not really my scene and I find it hard to be around a lot of people on pills etc.
    Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Myself and friends thinking of heading to this for the first time this year. Interesting concept and it sounds like a chilled out festival. Just wondering however if it's a very tripped out crowd if you know what I mean? Not really my scene and I find it hard to be around a lot of people on pills etc.
    Thanks for the help
    There is a good bit of it but not everyone by any means. Easily avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just wondering however if it's a very tripped out crowd if you know what I mean?

+1 to the comment above.

It won't be hard to find that type of thing, won't be hard to avoid it either.

Just go into the festival with the right frame of mind and you should have a great time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi does anyone know if there are sunday tickets this year? Cant seem to find any info on them

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

dmm82 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if there are sunday tickets this year? Cant seem to find any info on them

I'm pretty sure Body and Soul doesn't do day tickets only weekend passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they do Sunday tickets, or at least did last year and in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dmm82 wrote: »

not sure if Sunday tickets are all sold out now or what, but you can still get Sunday ticket+bus ticket here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&user_input=body+soul&q=body+soul&search.x=0&search.y=0
    they've done Sunday tickets for the last few years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Thanks for the replys, i did try that on ticketmaster but its coming up as a full price ticket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mcdonut

I actually sent them an email last week...
    "Sunday tickets will be available soon,keep an eye on our Facebook and website for updates!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Thanks for the help

I think you'll struggle to find any music festival that doesn't have a significant portion of such a crowd. I haven't been before but from what I've heard and read I'd imagine Body&Soul would have a more mature crowd in that sense i.e not loads of knacks/teenagers going overboard and aggravating people (Oxegen, EP more and more each year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Thanks for the help

There is a quiet a bit of it i am not going to lie , i would hazard a guess its probably (a distant) 2nd behind life festival in that regard and its noticeable. But there are very few knacks/young lads like at EP so the atmosphere is very very different less intimidating and way way friendlier.
    People are far less drunk too,(which a far bigger ruiner of atmosphere IMO).
    It easily avoided either way, although less so when only the late stages stay open, but the late spots the music is geared towards Disco/funk and some house not the "harder" stuff for lack of a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Last year was my first year but I'd agree with lbj666 above, there are a lot of people on drugs but it is such a friendly atmosphere due to there being no scumbags around. The crowd is old enough too so most people there who are on drugs probably know what they're doing and it doesn't make for a messy atmosphere. Fair enough if you don't like being around people who are on pills Underpaid Mike but I wouldn't let it put you off going, a fantastic festival overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Leftfield just announced, presumably as one of the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Leftfield just announced, presumably as one of the headliners.

Well that's torn it as far as pills are concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope its Leftfield the group and not the DJ set, I notice that DJ set is not next to the name so that would be damn good.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well that's torn it as far as pills are concerned

That was gonna happen anyway, have you seen the line-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I hope its Leftfield the group and not the DJ set

Looking good on that front - they have a series of live dates to promote the new album in the UK in the week or two prior to BnS. Fairly certain those aren't DJ sets, I imagine BnS won't be either :)

Delighted with this - loved their set at Forbidden Fruit a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Was hoping for a more rock or soul orientated headline acts. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any other announcements?

• Advertisement

Any other announcements?

Nothing else yet but, hopefully it's the start of the main headline acts being announced. Keep an eye on there fb or twitter for updates.

Advertisement