Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 11 "beautiful" girls on The Saturday Night Show Last Night.

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Problem is I don't believe that happens.

Oops, double post.

It doesn't happen. I never said I got fawned over.I just got mmale attention easily enough. And I never said they were attractive men, either.They weren't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Well a reddit discussion just proves everything! :)

Ok cupid in the states released an interesting survey where women rated 80% of men as below average. Where men seemed to rate more kindly. That said the woman still messaged just as evenly across the board though I think less overall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Oops, double post.

It doesn't happen. I never said I got fawned over.I just got mmale attention easily enough. And I never said they were attractive men, either.They weren't :pac:

Well, there's the question now : what constitutes an attractive man?

I've never lacked male attention either (once I overcame my painful shyness), but from chatting with my female friends I get the impression that someone who is irresistably attractive to one person could be a big "OMG, no!" to another.

Personally, I like men with at least shoulder-length hair. I like them solid, and I would prefer a bit of a beer pouch to a flat belly any day. I really dislike too much body hair.
    Now, a friend of mine really is into hairy blokes, but wouldn't want them to have long hair at all. She also loves gingers, which I can take or leave.

To narrow physical attraction down to just one feature smacks of fetish to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Shenshen wrote: »
    Well, there's the question now : what constitutes an attractive man?

I've never lacked male attention either (once I overcame my painful shyness), but from chatting with my female friends I get the impression that someone who is irresistably attractive to one person could be a big "OMG, no!" to another.

Personally, I like men with at least shoulder-length hair. I like them solid, and I would prefer a bit of a beer pouch to a flat belly any day. I really dislike too much body hair.
    Now, a friend of mine really is into hairy blokes, but wouldn't want them to have long hair at all. She also loves gingers, which I can take or leave.

Attractive is subjective.

To me, the two I dated were attractive. Objectively, nah, not what society in general would consider attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Well, this thread became an overnight clusterfcuk! :pac:

Jesus, some of the posts from the lads, and it's not me "white knighting" or any of that shìte. Pointing out some lads shocking bitter attitudes is probably the reason they're utterly repellant despite their good looks, does not equal white knight. A white knight as I understand the term is a guy who falls over women in the hope of landing in their knickers, or goes defending women in the hope of the same general idea. Honestly, women don't need defending, well able to defend themselves, but it seems the more they do, the more vicious, bitchy and personal some lads get.

I mean, some of the male posters here talked about these women that flaunt it all on social media for the lads and they think these women don't KNOW the same lads are liking tons of other women's pages in the hope that one of 'em will 'put out'? Of course they know, they're not stupid, they just don't care. Lads get upset then when these women don't 'put out'. Well, quelle surprise like? Who's the bigger dope in that scenario really? The guy liking all the women's photos in the hope that one of them will 'put out', or the women that know that's exactly what he's at but they're loving the attention anyway?

You can't blame women for that, you can only blame the lad with the bigger ego for being the bigger idiot. If you're complaining about it, then don't fcuking be doing it yourself!

I'll go out there some nights to the club and I'll have my best "I'm out for a couple of drinks, had a shìt week at work, and now I need to de-stress" face on. I want to enjoy the atmosphere and not have to listen to shìte talk not entertain anyone I don't want to. Some women are completely oblivious to this, some because they're socially awkward and inept, unable to read body language, and some women just don't give a fcuk, they'll come over and want to chat and they don't care that I have shìt going on in my head that I'm thinking about. They want my attention. Sometimes I'll give it to them, more times I won't, how attractive they are isn't particularly relevant.

I see guys doing the same thing to girls, they don't give a fcuk about the girl herself, they only want her to notice them and give them her full attention. That can tend to peeve people off. Some people are polite about it in telling a person they're not interested, some people are a bit more vicious. That's people for you. It's not as gender specific as people here are making out, because from what I've seen and experienced anyway, one is as bad, or as good, as the other, and then there's the minority of people with super-inflated egos who just can't take a hint at all and think "how dare that person turn ME down?", they can't understand at all that someone just isn't as attracted to them as they think they are attractive to everyone else.

That's really not another person's problem, and they can't be blamed for your ego taking a bruising. Brush it off and move on rather than let it fester and turn you into a spiteful and bitter individual that blames a whole gender for your own insecurity and your issues about yourself, and FWIW btw, I hear the same shìte just as much from men as I do women - "All women are bitches", "All men are bastards", based on a mere handful of their experience with people (I say 'people' because I hear it just as much from gay men and lesbian women!).

Shenshen wrote: »

The only time there's ever anything wrong with fetishism is when it renders a person completely incapable of viewing another person as a whole.

I remember one night I was out and I'm making my way out of the club at the end of the night when I was stopped by a girl who came out of nowhere, sprung up in my face and asked me would I kiss her friend for her birthday, I'm an obliging sort and it seemed a harmless enough request, so I figured why not. I took a look over her shoulder at her friend and she was, conventionally speaking at least, stunning looking, but I just wasn't attracted to her in that way so I just wasn't feeling anything. By this stage I'd gotten a good look at the girl in front of me, maybe 5'8" and easily size 26+, really cute looking, more my kinda girl, so I was like "to be honest sweetheart, I'd sooner be kissing you inste...", I hadn't even finished my sentence when she'd body slammed me up against the wall (I'm 5'10 and 17st, not that easily shifted!) and was making what could only be described as trying to get my tonsils in a choke hold with her tongue! I figured this wasn't gonna end well if I didn't prise myself from her grasp before I passed out, and fortunately for me she came up for air! But while I could find an awful lot of fault with her technique (useful if she ever decides to take up rugby!), I really couldn't fault her enthusiasm! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

I remember one night I was out and I'm making my way out of the club at the end of the night when I was stopped by a girl who came out of nowhere, sprung up in my face and asked me would I kiss her friend for her birthday, I'm an obliging sort and it seemed a harmless enough request, so I figured why not. I took a look over her shoulder at her friend and she was, conventionally speaking at least, stunning looking, but I just wasn't attracted to her in that way so I just wasn't feeling anything. By this stage I'd gotten a good look at the girl in front of me, maybe 5'8" and easily size 26+, really cute looking, more my kinda girl, so I was like "to be honest sweetheart, I'd sooner be kissing you inste...", I hadn't even finished my sentence when she'd body slammed me up against the wall (I'm 5'10 and 17st, not that easily shifted!) and was making what could only be described as trying to get my tonsils in a choke hold with her tongue! I figured this wasn't gonna end well if I didn't prise myself from her grasp before I passed out, and fortunately for me she came up for air! But while I could find an awful lot of fault with her technique (useful if she ever decides to take up rugby!), I really couldn't fault her enthusiasm! :D

I agree, it escalated quickly, but WTF?

I agree, it escalated quickly, but WTF?

Which part? :pac:

Ah no, I wouldn't take that seriously at all, long time ago now and we're mates since like, but it was just when I was talking about the whole nightclubs thing and Shenshen mentioned the fetish idea as opposed to seeing the whole person, and it reminded me of that particular occasion where there was the girl that society would generally consider more attractive, and then there was the girl who I personally would find attractive.

Her approach was a little unconventional, granted, but I later put that down to her own attempts to overcome her social anxiety and inexperience (explaining that isn't nearly as funny though:()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Her approach was a little unconventional, granted, but I later put that down to her own attempts to overcome her social anxiety and inexperience (explaining that isn't nearly as funny though:()

Maybe you had to be there :confused:

Maybe you had to be there :confused:

Yeah, it probably wasn't the best example to explain where I was coming from, but I do wonder if you look at some of the posts from people complaining about women being up themselves and all the rest of it, I think we'd have to be there too to see just who is to blame for the guy being turned down and projecting their rejection ideas then on all women, as if women are the issue, and not the person themselves... if that makes sense? :o

I should probably get back to work now... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Where'sshegone? Come baaaaack!!

I'm here, me oul flower. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

But those women in the photo on page 1 are not big at all. What are they trying to say on t.v.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

I think they look like pigs.

We'll leave it there.

I'm glad some of ye are so fabulously perfect. Reach round there and give yerselves a nice pat on the back for being so feckin' gorgeous.

Now if we could just work on the personalities and attitudes sure we'd have some amazing specimens here in AH wouldn't we?

*cries into chips*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement