Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 11 "beautiful" girls on The Saturday Night Show Last Night.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Well a reddit discussion just proves everything! :)

Did you even bother to read the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Tinder and POF or any of those sites are the worst examples to use. Ive been on them unless you stand out and tick all the right boxs you will be left with the ones no one else wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

It's women in general you seem to have a problem with, not just the 'whales' as you so eloquently put it.
    If really a woman, how self loathing can one get?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I like Reddit, but I generally only go on r/askreddit and r/worldnews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Well a reddit discussion just proves everything! :)

The OP is all that's needed. Were you expecting an official experiment conducted and published by NASA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

"Every" - really? Good to know. :)

I bet you think men are more shallow than women. I think it too and going by the couples you see in everyday life it seems though its not quite the truth. yet its so ingrained into our minds that men are the shallow ones who only care about looks, men are 'visual' couldnt care less about a girls personality apparently

Did you even bother to read the thread?
    Women who aren't hot pick the male model pic, just as guys would pick the female model pic if presented to them... bunch of bitter heads on Reddit get bitter about it... same old same old.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I bet you think men are more shallow than women.
    You "bet" it do you? On what basis?

Just because I'm disputing the venom from two posters who just write post after post after post of hostility towards women and nothing else, doesn't mean I agree that men are more shallow than women, or that I agree with the "Bigger women are real women" thing (I very much don't) or that I think it's ok for anyone, female or male, to be obese and not do anything about it, and so on.

I personally feel happier with myself and more attractive when slimmer, and wouldn't expect lads to fancy me when I put on weight, but Christ... if overweight women don't feel unhappy about being overweight, well grand, that's their business. The rage towards them is baffling.

Women who aren't hot pick the male model pic, just as guys would pick the female model pic if presented to them... bunch of bitter heads on Reddit get bitter about it... same old same old.

You have seen all of the women matched with and who messaged the accounts I assume?

Edit: lol, just for the record none of my posts are hostile towards women as a whole, I'm nowhere near a misogynist. I'm just debating critically, if you want to misconstrue that as hatred for an entire gender then that's your problem.

Macavity. wrote: »
    I swipe right on pretty much everyone on Tinder provided they're not really overweight or make no effort whatsoever. I'd only message people I'm attracted to though. The more attractive the girl is then the less likely you are of a reply (probably because they get a lot of messages). The only time I'd get a message first would be if the girl was not very attractive. It's actually an incredibly depressing app, and I'm thinking about deleting it completely.

You have basically summed up all of online dating :pac:.

• Advertisement

I swipe right on pretty much everyone on Tinder provided they're not really overweight or make no effort whatsoever. I'd only message people I'm attracted to though. The more attractive the girl is then the less likely you are of a reply (probably because they get a lot of messages). The only time I'd get a message first would be if the girl was not very attractive. It's actually an incredibly depressing app, and I'm thinking about deleting it completely.

Take the 'red pill' on life bro, you'll be far better off in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You "bet" it do you? On what basis?

Just because I'm disputing the venom from two posters who just write post after post after post of hostility towards women and nothing else, doesn't mean I agree that men are more shallow than women, or that I agree with the "Bigger women are real women" thing (I very much don't) or that I think it's ok for anyone, female or male, to be obese and not do anything about it, and so on.

I personally feel happier with myself and more attractive when slimmer, and wouldn't expect lads to fancy me when I put on weight, but Christ... if overweight women don't feel unhappy about being overweight, well grand, that's their business. The rage towards them is baffling.

Ok I wasnt really talking about that , I dont care if fit men get with fat women. Like its their business, it just annoys me that despite this men are still ridiculed for their high standards of women and how we supposedly pressure women into losing weight or whatever (and they completely ignore the fact that women put men under similar pressure to be attractive :confused:) Men are always portaryed as the shallower gender, yet its just clearly not true. If anything its the oppsite. thats what Im angry about.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP that there was a gender dissonance.

For the record, I'm a dude who likes "Whales" as you're all nicely putting it. I'm probably below average looks. I once convinced someone I was related to Weird Al, for a comparison. As a dude that likes chicks like that, I can tell you all about the competition, of which there is many. LOTS of guys would fuck, date or marry a "Whale." Some of them, shock horror, are actually good looking guys, unlike me, a goofy Jesus / Weird Al hybrid. Want to know why there are so few "God Tier" dudes that would go out with big chicks? Because there are fewer of them as a whole.

This whole conversation / thread is fucking stupid as shit, and most of you sound as bad as secondary school children.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP that there was a gender dissonance.

For the record, I'm a dude who likes "Whales" as you're all nicely putting it. I'm probably below average looks. I once convinced someone I was related to Weird Al, for a comparison. As a dude that likes chicks like that, I can tell you all about the competition, of which there is many. LOTS of guys would fuck, date or marry a "Whale." Some of them, shock horror, are actually good looking guys, unlike me, a goofy Jesus / Weird Al hybrid. Want to know why there are so few "God Tier" dudes that would go out with big chicks? Because there are fewer of them as a whole.

This whole conversation / thread is fucking stupid as shit, and most of you sound as bad as secondary school children.

A lot of big women you see on these fetish sites end up with good looking guys because it goes both ways just because there fat doesnt mean they want fat men and lot of these good looking men would rather a big woman.

Ok I wasnt really talking about that , I dont care if fit men get with fat women. Like its their business, it just annoys me that despite this men are still ridiculed for their high standards of women and how we supposedly pressure women into losing weight or whatever (and they completely ignore the fact that women put men under similar pressure to be attractive :confused:) Men are always portaryed as the shallower gender, yet its just clearly not true. If anything its the oppsite. thats what Im angry about.
    I fully agree, but there's no need for the "I bet you think men are shallower" stuff from you to me. :)
    E.g. women who are a bit flabby can have this fear of sex in case the man thinks they're an awful state naked (and vice versa of course) when lads hardly every give a sh-t actually.
    And there is nothing shallow about not fancying e.g. very overweight women and preferring very slim women - it's just personal preference.

There are still some really vile insults towards some of the women on this thread though. Even though I don't agree with celebrating obesity either, I don't get the type of mind that would come up with the comments on this thread. The type of mind belonging to someone who wouldn't dream of saying that stuff in real life I'd guess!
    You don't see stuff like that said about men on Boards in fairness. I know the pattern is often women being more judgmental about looks than men are, but not in every situation!

Is that the lame subreddit where loads of 30+ year old virgins bitch about life, no thanks. Things haven't got that bad yet!! :pac:

Lmao there are actually other forums wayyy worse than the reddit linked with idiots like Elliot Rogers

A lot of big women you see on these fetish sites end up with good looking guys because it goes both ways just because there fat doesnt mean they want fat men and lot of these good looking men would rather a big woman.

That's exactly my point. "People are attracted to what they are attracted to, more at 11."

My gripe, here, is that everyone wants the argument both ways, and deliberately misconstrue what's being said. It's not a debate, it's a "I will brick wall you until you give in, that means I win."

I fully agree, but there's no need for the "I bet you think men are shallower" stuff from you to me. :)
    E.g. women who are a bit flabby can have this fear of sex in case the man thinks they're an awful state naked (and vice versa of course) when lads hardly every give a sh-t actually.

Replace weight with penis size.

That's exactly my point. "People are attracted to what they are attracted to, more at 11."

My gripe, here, is that everyone wants the argument both ways, and deliberately misconstrue what's being said. It's not a debate, it's a "I will brick wall you until you give in, that means I win."

That tends to be how people go about things on here in most threads though ive been on the receiving end of it plenty of times! :pac:

i see the same things said every time the topic of fat women comes up on here and the funny thing is i bet some of them are actually closet ''Admirers'' but go along with what is socially exceptable to look good in front of everyone else.

lot of these good looking men would rather a big woman.
    And lots of people can't relate to it, but leave them to it.
    However a certain cohort really resent it and deem it to be a feminist conspiracy... as if the men don't have their own ****ing minds like. :pac:

• Advertisement

That tends to be how people go about things on here in most threads though ive been on the receiving end of it plenty of times! :pac:

i see the same things said every time the topic of fat women comes up on here and the funny thing is i bet some of them are actually closet ''Admirers'' but go along with what is socially exceptable to look good in front of everyone else.

We're all adults on an anonymous forum, I doubt anyone would hold back on their true opinions and beliefs because of that...fear of getting banned though, maybe lol

And lots of people can't relate to it, but leave them to it.
    However a certain cohort really resent it and deem it to be a feminist conspiracy... as if the men don't have their own ****ing minds like. :pac:

One thing ive wondered for a while now is who really owns up to what there into looks wise when it comes to men and women because id imagine a lot of us are hiding things when it comes to what we find good looking because of threads like this for example.

We're all adults on an anonymous forum, I doubt anyone would hold back on their true opinions and beliefs because of that...fear of getting banned though, maybe lol

We're not exactly anonymous. Some of us are well recognised users, even if I couldn't tell you names, addresses, so on. If we were all anonymous, and truthiness were always easy, how many of you guys out there have a smaller than average penis? My bet is absolutely none, and we all have larger than average, somehow.

Ive held back on saying what i really feel about certain things for that very reason ha but when it comes to a lot of other stuff whats the point?

I dont act as if im anonymous online anyway im fairly open about who i am where im from and where you can all find me if u want me :pac: i have nothing to hide!.

We're not exactly anonymous. Some of us are well recognised users, even if I couldn't tell you names, addresses, so on. If we were all anonymous, and truthiness were always easy, how many of you guys out there have a smaller than average penis? My bet is absolutely none, and we all have larger than average, somehow.

What are you talking about? My penis is so small it could be considered inverted

It's funny when they're incapable of comprehending that pretty much every man giving them any semblance of attention on social media is doing it purely because they consider the girl "easy" and are hoping to hookup and are simultaneously doing it to countless other girls until one of them bites, yet they'll have the inflated egos of someone on the level of women like Michelle Keegan or Megan Fox
    But I thought the argument was that the men genuinely fancy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

We're coming very close to a resolution on this one. Love when this happens!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I certainly wouldn't call them shallower - being shallow is by no means gender-specific.

I would say though that those men who are shallow maybe are a bit more vociferous than the shallow females.

Looking through this thread (as one example) you'll see quite a lot of male posters coming on with derogatory remarks, from calling skinny women "stick insects" to calling obese women "whales".
    And in my personal experience, you're far more likely to have a group of blokes yell abuse at a fat girl in the street than a group of women.

I think it might be the difference in group dynamics between men and women - a man might hope to impress his peers by doing something like this? I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Of course. This contributes to the massive ego some women have. Social media is making it worse id imagine - whales like the girls in the OP getting loads of likes and loads of desperate men hoping they can get somewhere. Not to mention the average woman who now gets daily validation when she checks her facebook or instagram or whatever (this probably doesn't apply to the mature women here). It's really men who need to wake up and stop giving their power away to women. I think feminisim is generally disempowering men and making them put women on pedestals. 23 stone women getting fawned over and having no problems dating attractive guys is quite something, but not surprising.

When I was single and 23 stone, I didn't only attract desperate men. I've never once had casual sex. Out of the men I attracted, I had two long term relationships.

As for now, I and other people here may think my boyfriend is dating down, but he certainly doesn't, he tells me every day how beautiful he thinks I am, and how lucky he is to have me.

That said, I'm not unattractive now. Sure, my body could be better, but I'm not horrible looking how I was at 23 stone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Problem is I don't believe that happens.

Oops, double post.

It doesn't happen. I never said I got fawned over.I just got mmale attention easily enough. And I never said they were attractive men, either.They weren't :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement