Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

What? I cant access that link. More info ASAP please

Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

Sorry about the bad link, try this one, or google Garth Brooks 2015 Ireland news stories:

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Garth-Brooks-is-planning-a-series-of-concerts-in-Ireland-next-summer/303177.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The phoenix is rising, can't wait for the AH thread

Yippeeee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Fcuk, I'm on a serious savings plan and I won't be able to afford a ticket or two any time soon.

I'm going to guess he will play the Aviva in Dublin. The other place in Ireland, I'm going to guess - Cork. Maybe a few nights at the Marquee? Although that place would be too small. The stadium down there is getting upgraded. I don't know when that is due to be completed. If it's due to be completed within the next few months, maybe there. Belfast is another guess.

• Advertisement

His album was due to be released towards the end of November but that has been brought forward to early November. So at guess, gigs could be announced and tickets going on sale towards the end of November or early December.

I wonder will he fly into the country to announce the gigs like he did in January. I would love a late late show appearance from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Fcuk, I'm on a serious savings plan and I won't be able to afford a ticket or two any time soon.

I'm going to guess he will play the Aviva in Dublin. The other place in Ireland, I'm going to guess - Cork. Maybe a few nights at the Marquee? Although that place would be too small. The stadium down there is getting upgraded. I don't know when that is due to be completed. If it's due to be completed within the next few months, maybe there. Belfast is another guess.

If it was in the Aviva, that'd be an interesting development, as any gigs that have taken place there in recent years have been done by MCD, while the Marquee is always done by Aiken Promotions.

Aiken have staged any of the outdoor Bruce Springsteen Dublin gigs in the RDS, at least since 2003, if not before.

So perhaps each promoter has some sort of on going arrangement with the venues they use?

Considering the Aviva holds 30,000 less than Croke Park, it'll be interesting to see what happens.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭titchy

nm wrote: »
    The phoenix is rising, can't wait for the AH thread

Think I'll head over there now...

Considering the Aviva holds 30,000 less than Croke Park, it'll be interesting to see what happens.:)

Won't be as big now, the 70k tourists are gone obviously to his other gigs and the shambles last time alienated a fair few casuals too i imagine.

Won't be as big now, the 70k tourists are gone obviously to his other gigs and the shambles last time alienated a fair few casuals too i imagine.

I'm guessing, in the long term, Dublin City Council will regret what happened, considering the demand for those gigs was extraordinary.

• Advertisement

If it was in the Aviva, that'd be an interesting development, as any gigs that have taken place there in recent years have been done MCD, while the Marquee is always done by Aiken Promotions.

Aiken have staged any of the outdoor Bruce Springsteen Dublin gigs in the RDS, at least since 2003, if not before.

So perhaps each promoter has some sort of on going arrangement with the venues they use?

That's right, the Aviva is MCD acts. There was a comment some weeks back on after hours in a thread that Garth Brooks will play the Aviva in 2015. I took it with a pinch of salt but it's likely now after reading the news.

I don't like the Aviva for gigs though. It's echoey. I would prefer the RDS.

It sure will be interesting to see what way things will go. He lost some people as fans last summer, so maybe there won't be a much demand.

I'm dreading tickets sales. I wish there was something easier. If everybody was just to stay at home and order online or over the phone, the ticketmaster outlets won't have their machines printing and hoovering up the tickets and it would be much smoother.

This is true. I reckon there will still be a huge demand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭currins_02

Few conspriacy theories to be proven wrong:

1) GAA all along refused to agree to no concerts in 2015 as had committments to an unnamed, unconfirmed and as yet unannouced concerts - can have any number of concerts now, no planning needed for first 3, rest need planning - all confirmed details of the fallout of Garthgate 2014.
    2) Garth bought custom built equipment designed and made for Croke Park and not useable anywhere else, last heard of lying on a boat or a dock around Rotterdam or somewhere - has this been scrapped or is it all still lying in storage?

Wife wound up to the last again this morning!

He has been effectively announcing one show at a time in the states (think he did announce 2 simultaneously but rest were single locations), add show after show until sales peter out then announce next city. Now he only has dates listed on his site up until December.

Won't be anywhere near the craziness, I'd say a 3 night Croke park stand would just about sell. You have to take out the lost folk who will never go to see him after last time, take out those who were travelling from aorund the world for the novelty of the "Comeback Special" after whatever number of years.

My prediction would be up to 3 nights (but could be less) in Croke Park and possibly one in Thomond Park in Limerick as he made a whimpering meal out of how Ticketmaster let Limerick down etc. Keeps GAA in the money, Aiken be back flying, equipment for Croker get's used (so gets his payback on it). Just my prediction.

Away to get the wife sedatives and plan work abroad for July.

currins_02 wrote: »
    Few conspriacy theories to be proven wrong:

1) GAA all along refused to agree to no concerts in 2015 as had committments to an unnamed, unconfirmed and as yet unannouced concerts - can have any number of concerts now, no planning needed for first 3, rest need planning - all confirmed details of the fallout of Garthgate 2014.
    2) Garth bought custom built equipment designed and made for Croke Park and not useable anywhere else, last heard of lying on a boat or a dock around Rotterdam or somewhere - has this been scrapped or is it all still lying in storage?

Wife wound up to the last again this morning!

He has been effectively announcing one show at a time in the states (think he did announce 2 simultaneously but rest were single locations), add show after show until sales peter out then announce next city. Now he only has dates listed on his site up until December.

Won't be anywhere near the craziness, I'd say a 3 night Croke park stand would just about sell. You have to take out the lost folk who will never go to see him after last time, take out those who were travelling from aorund the world for the novelty of the "Comeback Special" after whatever number of years.

My prediction would be up to 3 nights (but could be less) in Croke Park and possibly one in Thomond Park in Limerick as he made a whimpering meal out of how Ticketmaster let Limerick down etc. Keeps GAA in the money, Aiken be back flying, equipment for Croker get's used (so gets his payback on it). Just my prediction.

Away to get the wife sedatives and plan work abroad for July.

Hell will freeze over before I'd go to Croke Park to see him. Garth Brooks wouldn't be able to sell one night there.

I'm guessing, in the long term, Dublin City Council will regret what happened, considering the demand for those gigs was extraordinary.

That's it. I'm not feeling much excitement after reading the news. I would much prefer seeing Garth Brooks in Belfast or London. On home ground, I would like Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kilkenny. I'd prefer not to support Dublin after what happened last year.

That's right, the Aviva is MCD acts. There was a comment some weeks back on after hours in a thread that Garth Brooks will play the Aviva in 2015. I took it with a pinch of salt but it's likely now after reading the news.

I don't like the Aviva for gigs though. It's echoey. I would prefer the RDS.

It sure will be interesting to see what way things will go. He lost some people as fans last summer, so maybe there won't be a much demand.

I'm dreading tickets sales. I wish there was something easier. If everybody was just to stay at home and order online or over the phone, the ticketmaster outlets won't have their machines printing and hoovering up the tickets and it would be much smoother.

Yes, I understand that some people, who were seated in the stands at Michael Buble a few years ago, spoke of a type of delay in the sound.

I read or heard, around that time that Lansdowne was rebuilt, something about, that when the Aviva was designed, it was done in such a way so that the sound of the crowds cheering at football matches would carry around the ground?

I'm not sure, if that's true, but I read or heard something about that:)

If true, it might explain sound quality issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cagefactor

Hell will freeze over before I'd go to Croke Park to see him. Garth Brooks wouldn't be able to sell one night there.

If he was playing 10 nights in a row he'd sell it all nights. If its only 2 shows the tickets will be gone in 5 minutes.

cagefactor wrote: »
    If he was playing 10 nights in a row he'd sell it all nights. If its only 2 shows the tickets will be gone in 5 minutes.
    Do you think? I must be the only one still sulking at what happened in summer 2014.

cagefactor wrote: »

I doubt it now. 2 I'd say would do it.

Its not going to be in the RDS, read something thats being turned into a 16000 stadium. How soon that will start and finish, I don't know.

• Advertisement

I doubt it now. 2 I'd say would do it.
    That's it. Some people turned off him when he pulled out from the gigs that were licenced. Me, he never lost me as a fan and I still love him very much but I wouldn't go next or near croke park to see him there.

That's it. I'm not feeling much excitement after reading the news. I would much prefer seeing Garth Brooks in Belfast or London. On home ground, I would like Cork, Limerick, Galway, Kilkenny. I'd prefer not to support Dublin after what happened last year.

the only thing is, there's no other venue in the country with the capacity of Croke Park, so if demand did end up being like last time, that'd be the most suitable venue.

Also, Dublin is easier to get to and from to, if fans are coming from different parts of the country, than the other locations you mention, if travelling by train or bus services, with various public and private coaches, for example to and from Dublin and places like Galway, Limerick, Donegal, Cork or Belfast.

And during the summer there are some extra bus services leaving Dublin at night, for example there was a midnight Ulster Bus/Bus Eireann Derry service from Dublin to Derry, between June and September.

This may make Dublin a more convenient option for anyone attending?

Another aspect is that Dublin would have more overnight accommodation options, hotels, B and B's , although I'm sure a lot of people may not have had much sympathy for some of the hotels who increased their prices, when those gigs were cancelled.:)

So if they allowed 3 one direction this year and 3 Garth brooks and there's nothing in Croke park next year.

Does that mean we are allowed 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

with a bit of luck he's ditched Aiken after the balls-up they made last time round.

with MCD, i could see it being Slane - 80,000 capacity, similar to Croker, then another gig in Cork or Limerick.

with a bit of luck he's ditched Aiken after the balls-up they made last time round.

with MCD, i could see it being Slane - 80,000 capacity, similar to Croker, then another gig in Cork or Limerick.

Would it not be fair to suggest that Dublin City Council are to blame for leaving it so late to make a decision on the granting of the licences.

Peter Aiken spoke at that Dail committee meeting that at one point in the negotiations that Dublin City Council offered four shows. I thought his analogy that the whole thing was like an episode of Fr Ted, was a fair assessment.

I would say in fairness to Aiken Promotions and Croke Park, the demand was there for the five shows.

Denis Desmond of MCD, when he was on radio during the whole saga, made the point that applications for licences are always made after tickets go on sale and that local councils take a very long time in granting permission to outdoor gigs.

I'm not sure about Slane being an option, lots of people like the comfort of knowing they can buy a seated ticket knowing they don't have to queue for hours, like a lot of people standing would, to ensure they are near the stage.

I read a news item just now on the journal and it would seem there's nothing definite at the moment, about Garth Brooks coming next year.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/garth-brooks-ireland-summer-2015-rumours-1729594-Oct2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Slane have ACDC next year I heard- is Lord HMC allowed two in a year?

He can go and **** right off, never again. Im saving my money for Neil Diamond, HE wouldn't let you down

Would it not be fair to suggest that Dublin City Council are to blame for leaving it so late to make a decision on the granting of the licences.

Peter Aiken spoke at that Dail committee meeting that at one point in the negotiations that Dublin City Council offered four shows. I thought his analogy that the whole thing was like an episode of Fr Ted, was a fair assessment.

I would say in fairness to Aiken Promotions and Croke Park, the demand was there for the five shows.

Denis Desmond of MCD, when he was on radio during the whole saga, made the point that applications for licences are always made after tickets go on sale and that local councils take a very long time in granting permission to outdoor gigs.

I'm not sure about Slane being an option, lots of people like the comfort of knowing they can buy a seated ticket knowing they don't have to queue for hours, like a lot of people standing would, to ensure they are near the stage.

I read a news item just now on the journal and it would seem there's nothing definite at the moment, about Garth Brooks coming next year.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/garth-brooks-ireland-summer-2015-rumours-1729594-Oct2014/
    not really, they didn't leave it any later than usual for concerts. in fact, they made the decision much earlier than many other gigs. various Marlay Park concerts this summer didn't get licences until the day before the concert.
    you can make a case for planning and licencing regulations being shambolic, but DCC were acting according to them either way.

Aiken should have made sure everything was watertight before going ahead and putting them on sale. Croke Park were equally to blame.

Slane have ACDC next year I heard- is Lord HMC allowed two in a year?
    well they're trying to anyway. there was talk last week of 2 being held, with one on May 30th, and the other in August.

no reason that he wouldn't be. it's up to Meath County Council to look at the application and grant/deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

well they're trying to anyway. there was talk last week of 2 being held, with one on May 30th, and the other in August.

no reason that he wouldn't be. it's up to Meath County Council to look at the application and grant/deny it.

They've had 2 in the past, Don't see it being a problem if they're 3 months apart.

Advertisement