Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

andyman wrote: »
    New Day will definitely be in the Rumble. You can't have a rumble without Kofi Kingston

Getting tired of the Kofi nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New Day will definitely be in the Rumble. You can't have a rumble without Kofi Kingston

Oh yeah forgot about that. Just would like to see Big E and Cesaro do well in it. And the bunny eliminate Adam Rose, of course.

As for Kofi doing his thing, it's just always good waiting to see how he'll avoid elimination.

One thing about the Rumble (and Battle Royals for that matter) I would like to see enforced is stopping people from resting/hiding outside the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope this is the year that Kofi does his acrobatics and a Wade Barrett type makes their entrances and destroys Kofi before entering the ring. Simple but would get a great reaction.

Think was last year, he did the save then was eliminated almost right away after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Getting tired of the Kofi nonsense

You should probably just quit watching wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It is a bit silly though , It was grand when Morrisson did it one year but now people almost expect it to happen , It would be hilarious if even Reigns levelled Kofi just as he was about to do an amazing save some how,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I don't find it silly at all, I think its something most people look forward to and complaining about it just comes across as trying too hard to be an IWC smark. At this stage a Rumble without a Kofi spot would be like a Bond movie without a "The names Bond, James Bond".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

It gives him a bit of attention as well, what harm does it do?

I look forward to it anyway. People need to lighten up re: Kofi's elimination spot imo. He's never going to win, might as use his athleticism to keep the crowd entertained

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hope this is the year that Kofi does his acrobatics and a Wade Barrett type makes their entrances and destroys Kofi before entering the ring. Simple but would get a great reaction.

Ha Yeah Kofi walking on his hands to the ring steps, crowd pops, kofi salutes them, turns to get back in the ring, Boooom!!! Big boot, fist or elbow and goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

New Blue Day will definitely be in the Rumble. You can't have a rumble without Kofi Kingston

Fixed your post there :)

• Advertisement

I'm thinking Rowan will be still in the Rumble somehow. Doing that whole storyline only to have one of the guys left off the PPV altogether would seem strange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It appears Fernando, Diego and Justin Gabriel are no longer in the Rumble match going by the latest listing:

B8Is5KjCUAA0ejt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Don't think there'll be any surprise entrants this year.

Maybe one or two from NXT, but nobody else.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would love HBK to appear in a Rumble match. Just after Kane breaks his record for most eliminations overall, HBK appears eliminates half a dozen guys and then gets eliminated by someone like Barrett.

Will we still love Sheamo if he joins up the Authority and becomes Stephen Farrelly their IT guy and eliminates Daniel Bryan?

Two Rumble number drawings on Smackdown:

Will we still love Sheamo if he joins up the Authority and becomes Stephen Farrelly their IT guy and eliminates Daniel Bryan?

Two Rumble number drawings on Smackdown:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think that'd be great craic actually. On a serious note I think something like joining up with The Authority would do him good. Though it's a bit cluttered in that group at the moment.

Was hoping Sheamus would return as an Authority guy to take on Ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It'd freshen up the act alright if they got a proper enforcer type.

Always thought Cesaro would fit in perfect, coming out, uppercutting fools in a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Sheamo would be excellent addition to the authority. It's time for a heel turn to freshen up his character and there's ample opportunity for some fresh feuds.

I love the royal rumble. My first one was back in 1990 when Hulk threw Mr. perfect over the top at the end 😳.. Up until a few days ago, I thought reigns was a shoe in but he's definitely not ready to headline a WM.. For the first tome in many years there's no obvious one or two contenders for the match, there's a number of ways they could go. And the triple thread title match is a hard one to call. Really looking forward to this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder what are the odds on the suprise entrants

I've head the Dudleys and DDP are going to be in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Really hope Reigns wins and not because I'm one of those weird people that want him to win so the crowd will turn on him and Vince will catapult him into the Great Garbage Pacific Patch. I like him, he's improving as a wrestler and has a newness about him as a main-eventer that overwrite his promos. I've been listening to Cena's promos for 10 years and still like him so it's not a big issue. Not completely sold on Bryan's fitness and a Rumble win won't make him any bigger IMO, Ziggler needs to be smarter about his comedy career and Ambrose is being Cesaro'd.

Think the WWE Title match and the post-match events will steal the show from the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Whosthis wrote: »
    You should probably just quit watching wrestling.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

The Rock tweeted a cryptic message that he is in Philadelphia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

There is an extra spot in the Rumble due to Justin Gabriel quittin the company. Will probably be another NXT star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I wonder what are the odds on the suprise entrants

I've head the Dudleys and DDP are going to be in it
    Aren't the first still contracted else where?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Looking at that video of the number selection on Smack down and there are WAY more than 30 balls in that thing.
    Have they announced 1 and 2 yet? Or does that happen much anymore?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would not be surprised if Mr Ziggles is no.1 nor if he lasts longer than anyone else in the rumble

then just like his "push" at survivor series he doesent enter a big storyline after (cos I don't see him having a big Mania match, though maybe he will be involved in Stings feud for the weeks when senor vigilante does not show.

• Advertisement

For the last few years there is always a multiple man tag match. Ever since MITB match was moved to its own PPV. They should have authority guys with HHH and likes of Ziggler with Sting imo.

Maybe the rumble will make it clearer who could be in a big tag match.

Advertisement