Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Loughc wrote: »
    Better still have the Big Guy show up with Sting Facepaint, cause havoc and in the process get Rusev eliminated. Have him go the renegade route.
    So do you think Sting will have something to do with bringing the 3 guys back in then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Better still have the Big Guy show up with Sting Facepaint, cause havoc and in the process get Rusev eliminated. Have him go the renegade route.

Its a very bad route to be fair....

uncensored-95-renegade.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So do you think Sting will have something to do with bringing the 3 guys back in then?

Yes, I think they'll re-appear as "renegades" mentored by Sting, who will challenge HHH for control of WWE, Sting wins and reinstates them.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Yes, I think they'll re-appear as "renegades" mentored by Sting, who will challenge HHH for control of WWE, Sting wins and reinstates them.
    Ziggler dressed in full sting gear would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What are the chances of Hogan being the surprise retro entrant in the Rumble? It's the only way I could see him being medically cleared to enter a ring for a 'match', but his ego probably wouldn't allow him in for just 5 minutes to be eventually eliminated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brendão wrote: »
    What are the chances of Hogan being the surprise retro entrant in the Rumble? It's the only way I could see him being medically cleared to enter a ring for a 'match', but his ego probably wouldn't allow him in for just 5 minutes to be eventually eliminated.

None

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Brendão wrote: »

With how he is these days by the time he finished his showboating entrance the PPV would be over

Official Royal Rumble entrants as of Smackdown:

Roman Reigns
    Daniel Bryan
    Rusev
    Bad News Barrett
    Bray Wyatt

Bryan Alvarez believes this is obvious finish of the title match is:
    Lesnar F5's Rollins
    Cena dumps Lesnar out of the ring or AAs him
    Cena pins Rollins (WWE's standard Triple Threat stealing the pinfall finish)
    An enraged Lesnar decimates Cena
    Lesnar leaves.
    Rollins cashes in the MITB and wins the title.

Everyone walks out with something despite losing something:
    Brock drops the title BUT doesn't get pinned
    Rollins gets pinned BUT he walks out with the belt
    Cena wins the title BUT gets screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If something like that does happen, I guess that it could make sense, given the context of Sting's previous appearance. However, if Sting is going to do a match at WrestleMania, I'd expect them to not have him aligned with anyone in particular come the middle of March, as the renegade, stand-alone character that will be in a marquee match at the big event. Maybe I'm ranting and raving, but that just makes more sense to me, rather than have him in the WWE as part of a crew. Also, I think that the storylines where people challenge for control of the company are a bit daft in this so-called "reality" era, where even the younger viewers know that the McMahons own the company. It made the most sense where it was something like happened at Survivor Series, i.e, you lose and you're off the television. Anyway, none of this is a big deal cuz at the end of the day, it's Sting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think the Philly crowd will **** all over Reigns as much as the rest of the world seems to think. Obviously Bryan will be the main guy but if he got dumped out by a heel and Reigns got retribution by eliminating said heel in the end it would work out OK. He'll be protected so I think that might be the way if Bryan isn't winning it.

Once it isn't a Rock-Cena main-event I don't really mind who out of Reigns/Bryan wins. I think Bryan winning the main event last year makes it less essential that he wins.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I think having Bryan in the mix really takes the sting out of people turning on Reigns, that he's not the only choice and definitely going to win. As u rightly mentioned Bryan's had his mania moment so it's not desperately required. I hope WWE give Reigns another year to prepare. His promo and wrestling skills are a solid mid-card, they want him as a top babyface but he's Del Rio at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bryan or no Bryan in the Rumble, i think people are still gonna rain on Reigns parade if he ends up winning the Royal Rumble.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bryan or no Bryan in the Rumble, i think people are still gonna rain on Reigns parade if he ends up winning the Royal Rumble.

I really hope so. If people are that unhappy with the current product they need to voice their concerns.

It made a difference last year, why not this. Vince is hardly that stubborn right...right?

I really hope so. If people are that unhappy with the current product they need to voice their concerns.

It made a difference last year, why not this. Vince is hardly that stubborn right...right?

We maybe unhappy as fans with the WWE's current direction, but we still somehow watch every week in the hope that it's better. Who the hell really knows what goes through Vince's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They could also do one of those double elimination finishs ya know like Cena/Batista and Bret/Lex all those years ago

They could also do one of those double elimination finishs ya know like Cena/Batista and Bret/Lex all those years ago

It's done to death. Once was cool. Twice was pushing it. 3 times would be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's done to death. Once was cool. Twice was pushing it. 3 times would be a joke.

It's been 10 years in fairness. They'd get away with it.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    It's been 10 years in fairness. They'd get away with it.

It has gone past the 30 day memory rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Updated Rumble Poster

rumble15_zpsa3373336.jpg

• Advertisement

Defo a two match show. No undercard announced so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Defo a two match show. No undercard announced so far.

So a typical Rumble PPV then? :p

I would imagine the vast majority would only need the Rumble match to decide to buy the show anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I expect we'll get a filler divas match, BNB in a title defense has no chance of losing, and maybe a tag match to help fill the other hour-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Can we have a poll to see who we think will win?:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Can we have a poll to see who we think will win?:)

Ask and ye shall recieve. (I have yet to see Raw but...) anyone else I should have in that poll?

Anybody else think Triple H will appoint himself special guest referee for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (As backup for Rollins), Cena ends up winning only to take a pedigree and Rollins ends up cashing in his MITB.

Anybody else think Triple H will appoint himself special guest referee for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (As backup for Rollins), Cena ends up winning only to take a pedigree and Rollins ends up cashing in his MITB.

I know wrestling fans are goldfish but that's just last years summerslam again

I know wrestling fans are goldfish but that's just last years summerslam again

I know, that was actually Summerslam 2013.

I know, that was actually Summerslam 2013.

Guess I meant not the most recent ss instead of 2014 when I said last year. Having said that I don't think anyone would be surprised if there was a screwy finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ask and ye shall recieve. (I have yet to see Raw but...) anyone else I should have in that poll?

Eh, tell me this?

Do you seriously think if any those guys could throw Mark Henry or The Big Show over the top rope? Seriously? :P:confused:

Advertisement