Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The Ascension vs The New Age Outlaws announced for The Royal Rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan in at No. 1 and to win would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I really think Ziggler has a great chance of winning, after the events of Raw. Can see him entering late...he'll def be in the last 2 anyway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I really think Ziggler has a great chance of winning, after the events of Raw. Can see him entering late...he'll def be in the last 2 anyway

There is no one winning other than Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Loughc wrote: »
    There is no one winning other than Reigns.

That was my thinking for weeks but after last night fancy DB

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Don't scoff at this one as their WWE Main Event match last week ruled:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/557658920064667650

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KingJamsie wrote: »
    That was my thinking for weeks but after last night fancy DB

The idea of the wwe hyping the rumble is to make others look like credible threats.

It's just like last year when bryan broke free of Wyatt and was over more than anyone and lots of people here were picking him to win the rumble, I stuck to my guns and kept saying Batistia was winning.

Again Reigns will win. It's almost a guarantee. Especially as Smackdown this week
    ends with Reigns making the save for Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Paddy Power odds for WWE WHC:

Lesnar 1/4
    Cena 10/3
    Rollins 9/1

Seems about right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lesnar 1/4
    Cena 10/3
    Rollins 9/1

Seems about right..
    What are the terms and conditions? Is that at the close of the Ppv? Or theend of the triple threat match?

Lesnar 1/4
    Cena 10/3
    Rollins 9/1

Seems about right..

Value in Cena if they go the Cena pins Rollins-> Brock fury-> Rollins cash in route...

• Advertisement

B76kseIIEAA84zq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mizdow to dump Miz out of the rumble to build their split and potential feud

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lesnar 1/4
    Cena 10/3
    Rollins 9/1

Seems about right..

113 per cent book for 3 runners. Thieves.

Clowns of the highest order, I'l wait until a proper bookie (an English one) prices it before having a bet.

Reigns at 1.72 is free money. Batistia made me a nice bit last year too. Time to lump on Reigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Rjd2 wrote: »
    113 per cent book for 3 runners. Thieves.

Clowns of the highest order, I'l wait until a proper bookie (an English one) prices it before having a bet.

I wouldn't have thought that was a particularly high over round considering most bookies go about 9% for a three horse race and this is a predetermined event. Don't think you can expect much better from any other book either.

Edit: I also think 11-12% is common for a 1x2 football market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mizdow to dump Miz out of the rumble to build their split and potential feud

If a "Miz gets eliminated so Mizdow eliminates himself" spot doesn't happen then this Rumble will be a failure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A month ago I would have said Reigns for sure but I think his weak promos have hurt his stock just enough to make WWE reconsider. Daniel Bryan was the guy everyone wanted to win it last year, and with the story of him returning from injury, as was the story of Austin's win in '01, and HHH's win in '02, I can see Bryan winning it this year.

My feeling is Bryan, Ambrose, Reigns and Wyatt will be the final four. Bryan will eliminate Wyatt, Ambrose will sneakily eliminate Reigns (revenge for last year), and it will be Bryan and Ambrose facing off as the final two with Bryan ultimately sending Ambrose over.

In the title match, I think people are forgetting Orton. This is surely set up for Orton to return and get his revenge on Rollins (I know he returned after a Raw ended but that doesn't count storyline-wise). I think Orton will cost Rollins the title, and maybe even his cash-in attempt, and I see Lesnar leaving with the gold.

I think the Mania line-up will be:

Lesnar (c) vs Bryan

Reigns vs Ambrose (who will turn heel)

Rollins vs Orton

As for Cena, I think he may be the one to end the Rusev streak.

I look forward to seeing how wildly wrong this was!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I wasn't forgetting the thing you mention for the title math, just didn't want to bring it up in case anyone hadn't considered it!

Enjoy the Royal Rumble responsibility:
    tumblr_nilg2u1lwW1qauauto1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like a dangerous drinking game.

Since we have Rose, Cesaro and Kidd against New Day in the preshow, does that mean they won't be in the Rumble?

• Advertisement

Cena now 17/10 on PP. Normally they've been known to drop or increase prices dramatically once they *cough* find out the results in advance *cough*. Daniel Bryan also now 7/4, RR is 4/9.

Is a cash-in on the cards? Possibly, given that Lesnar and Reigns were overwhelming favourites just yesterday. Could all still change though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads for the title fight if your betting on the out come do they pay out on the 1st result?
    I.e if cena beats Brock Is that the result EVEN if Rollins cashes in afterwards?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads for the title fight if your betting on the out come do they pay out on the 1st result?
    I.e if cena beats Brock Is that the result EVEN if Rollins cashes in afterwards?

I'd imagine so. If a cash-in happens, that would technically count as a separate match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Any chance a bookie would give you odds on rollins winning the belt by cash in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i have a feeling theyll have reigns eliminate bryan to try give him a boost in the sense of he beat a top guy to win it last to win and the crowd will crap on it worse then batista

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can see Bryan being given longest time in the Rumble but Reigns winning. Unless they don't think he's fit enough yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I can see Bryan being given longest time in the Rumble but Reigns winning. Unless they don't think he's fit enough yet.

I wonder how fit Bryan is. I don't expect him to enter early. I could Imagine Ziggler and Harper to start 1 & 2 perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Say it every year but I'd like the winner to come from numbers 11 to 20. It's almost always from the first or last ten entrants. :(

Ridley wrote: »
    Say it every year but I'd like the winner to come from numbers 11 to 20. It's almost always from the first or last ten entrants. :(

Odds are like 50/1 for those numbers to win on PP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like a dangerous drinking game.

Since we have Rose, Cesaro and Kidd against New Day in the preshow, does that mean they won't be in the Rumble?

New Day will definitely be in the Rumble. You can't have a rumble without Kofi Kingston

Advertisement