Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anybody else think Triple H will appoint himself special guest referee for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (As backup for Rollins), Cena ends up winning only to take a pedigree and Rollins ends up cashing in his MITB.

Saw Rovert post a more realistic thing imo; Cena pins Rollins to win the title, Brock goes nuts, destroys Cena, Rollins cashes in and walks with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I don't like Taker, but imagine he won it.

A ringful of legit possible winners, the #30 buzzer sounds and nothing happens. A minute goes by and then the lights to out. A bell tolls. The titantron shows 21-1. The crowd go ape. The lights come on and Takers in the ring, full dead man gear. He clears house and looks like a beast. He calls out Brock. They have a staredown. The lights go again and he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I see so many different options this year!

First off, you have Reigns who they pushed massively since his showing at the last rumble, and everyone wanted him to win when it came to the final two - for this reason, I can see him booked extremely strong again, and looking as if he'll have a similar showing to last year only to be dumped out by Ambrose shockingly as it nears the end.

Ambrose has the crowd on his side, as well as the "oh I'm injured and not cleared to wrestle" gig that usually means he'll be down to at least the last three.

Bryan had his WM moment already, as mentioned, but has never won the rumble and would be the most popular face in recent years most peoples favourite to win (probably?) The big match I can see for WM would be Brock v Bryan, but one can only dream...

How long since a heel won the rumble, out of curiousity? Although it is too soon for Rusev, I thought the same of Del Rio when he won so you never know.... Cena wins the Championship at the Rumble, Rusev still undefeated in singles matches until going up against John Cena - America wins, everybodys hapoy... Right? Not my ideal outcome, but I'm sure it has been thought of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Batista was de facto heel last year and he won.

Del Rio won the 40-man in 2011 as a heel.

I think Orton won in 2009 as a heel did he? (I could google but ... effort)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Ageyev wrote: »
    Batista was de facto heel last year and he won.

Del Rio won the 40-man in 2011 as a heel.

I think Orton won in 2009 as a heel did he? (I could google but ... effort)

Think he was meant to come in as a face but Bryan not winning meant he had to go heel? Not 100%

• Advertisement

Yup. He got booed. So did Rey Mysterio at #30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yup. He got booed. So did Rey Mysterio at #30.

Rey Mysterio, biggest heel in 2014, booed at the rumble and booed against Bad News Barrett on the Raw after Mania!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

EVERYONE was booed when Rey Rey came out. I watched it back the other day and the crowd crapped on pretty much everyone. The crowd only started cheering Reigns when they realised the only alternative was Batista.

Rollins getting a big pop for eliminating Rey slays me everytime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would like it if Rey Mysterio came out at number 30 again this year, and then they showed Daniel Bryan lying in a pool of blood and sweat in the locker room on the titantron. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I would like it if Rey Mysterio came out at number 30 again this year, and then they showed Daniel Bryan lying in a pool of blood and sweat in the locker room on the titantron. Just a thought.
    Wow. That's a weird thought!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Of course it's the PG Era, so that pool of blood will be replaced by a pool of jelly....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

the time of the Cena Batista double elimination was that supposed to happen ? Because watching back on the network it looked as if Batista fell out of the ring as opposed to been thrown out

the time of the Cena Batista double elimination was that supposed to happen ? Because watching back on the network it looked as if Batista fell out of the ring as opposed to been thrown out

It wasn't supposed to happen, Batista was to hold onto the rope but both of of them tumbled out. Vince injured both his legs making the whole thing a comedy of errors.

Miz/Sandow vs Usos has been added to the Rumble card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd say they'll start to tease a break-up now with a view to a match at WM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

No real surprises in the Poll so far with Reigns clearly the favourite, Bryan second by a mile and then way back everyone else like Ambrose & Wyatt. Wonder who the surprise entrant winner 7% have gone for, maybe Taker to set up the streak ending rematch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

One week for now we will all be watching The Usos vs. The Miz and Damien Mizdow. Get on the hype train

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

On WWE Superstars this week, they revealed four new participants in the Royal Rumble. Immediately after the recap of Daniel Bryan’s appearance on Raw, Tom Phillips mentioned on commentary that Bryan would join the six superstars in “tonight’s main event” in the Rumble; the six competitors were Goldust, Stardust, Justin Gabriel, Fandango, and Los Matadores.

Goldust & Stardust had already been revealed as Rumble competitors, making Gabriel, Fandango, and Los Matadores all newly-revealed entrants.

Fernando's year I can feel it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,808 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so i guess they will be no Sting apperance at the rumble

he has 6 appperances 5 left, 1 is wrestlemania so that could include 2 raw and 1 fast lane apperance

maybe the rumble might be one of those apperances

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Is the Rock in this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Is the Rock in this?

God No.

• Advertisement

I am a bit behind the news so dunno if anyone posted this but I heard Bryan Alvarez hint over the weekend say
    a "legendary" tag team may make an appearance at the Rumble whilst he was talking about The Ascension. I'm guessing Demolition and/or Road Warrior Animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Surprise return:
    At this time, the plan is for Bo Dallas to make his return from injury in the WWE Royal Rumble match. Dallas has been out of action since November 3rd with a foot injury.
    Meh.

Surprise Entry
    – There are plans for Diamond Dallas Page to appear in the match as well. He would be back as a surprise name and not full time.
    Hell yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

DDP in the rumble? **** yeah.

Hope Bo eat's a Diamond Cutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Moneymaker wrote: »

Diamond Cutter to Orton would be the greatest thing in the history of wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Loughc wrote: »
    Of course it's the PG Era, so that pool of blood will be replaced by a pool of jelly....
    The next best thing to when WWE is great, is when it is extravagantly bad I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Loughc wrote: »
    God No.

I thought he made a return to WWE? The good ol' days.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I thought he made a return to WWE? The good ol' days.

He did for WM27, 28 & 29. He suffered a bad injury after his match with cena at wm29.

Worried he could jeopardise his busy Hollywood schedule with injuries he cancelled his WM30 appearance and aside from his beatdown on Rusev he hasn't been seen or expected to return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'd prefer it too happen too Orton

Outta no where :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

With his old entrance music hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think its the most obvious winner in a RR match in years (Reigns), if they don't give him the win I be hugely surprised. Would love a Bryan win but they only bought him back to make sure the fans don't completely **** on the match. I think that's why they are pretty much spending more time on the Triple Threat match, cause they know half the arena will boo the crap out of the RR match.

My only worry is what they will do with Daniel Bryan during the RR match and on the road to WM 31, I just see him been put into a crappy mid card feud with Sheamus or something. But hopefully I be proved wrong, the only reason I watch the show is for American Dragon.

Advertisement