Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

SlickRic wrote: »
    Paddy Power currently have the top 3 bets:

Reigns 5/6
    Bryan 11/10
    The Rock 7/2

Interesting. Paddy Power arent known to lose much money so the odds on the third one are intriguing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SlickRic wrote: »
    The Rock 7/2

RR_Wink_zps01jz81wl.0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

tvercetti wrote: »
    His odds are shortening at a crazy rate, 7/1 into 9/2 on William Hill in the past half hour

Since I posted this a few minutes ago
    Reigns 4/7 - 10/11
    Bryan 13/8 - 6/5
    Rock 9/2 - 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Odds are swinging, ish, on Reigns and Bryan.

Dead even now it seems.

The real smart money won't be going on for an hour or too, but it's interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

I would love it if there was a real surprise tonight, so many entrants who could make a reasonable storyline and title fight at Wrestlemania but cant see them picking from outside the obvious two. Bryan and Reigns.

Dolph, Building on what he has done in the past few months,
    Rollins, after losing title fight, getting another go
    Sheamus, Heel turn even?
    Orton (not sure if hes even about)
    Ambrose, him v Rollins

Could go fair left field, and Have a complete outsider like balor or bray or someone as the title fight mightnt main event Wrestlemania

One thing I would love to see is Miz and Mizdow in the final four, Miz eliminated and then Mizdow caught between two choice

• Advertisement

Do bookies generally have some inside knowledge for wrestling bets? The idea of betting on a pre-scripted event always struck me as so ludicrous ;) All it takes is one head writer to get a family member to go online and clean up surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Do bookies generally have some inside knowledge for wrestling bets? The idea of betting on a pre-scripted event always struck me as so ludicrous ;) All it takes is one head writer to get a family member to go online and clean up surely?

In setting the odds no. Maybe someone reads the dirtsheets and newzsites.

But the odds swing usually directly after the WWE script is finalised. Bryan Alvarez said there's three Royal Rumble scripts and two Rumble match finishes.

Thanks. We should get Rovert to do an AMA on here ;)

Wrestling and betting seems so odd. Even with the 2 or 3 scripts. It's not like Paddy Power would take bets on the outcome of the end of a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'll be so pissed if Reigns wins. plsvince

I'll be so pissed if Reigns wins. plsvince

I kinda really want to see what the Philly crowd do if he does,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The bookies are not taking any chances on you know who, even if hes not in it, the fact hes in philly means they'd be mad not to shorten his price up, even if zero money is been placed on him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I'm only watch Raw the odd time these days, and I'd be shocked if Reigns doesn't win. Wrestlemania is obviously gonna be the Roman Reigns love fest like it was for Daniel Bryan last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

You wouldnt clean up. 20 quid is most you can put on usually. Not something to go retire with

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I'm only watch Raw the odd time these days, and I'd be shocked if Reigns doesn't win. Wrestlemania is obviously gonna be the Roman Reigns love fest like it was for Daniel Bryan last year.

The key difference being last year it was the crowd who decided who the lovefest was for. this year it is being forced down our throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What time for the main event?

The key difference being last year it was the crowd who decided who the lovefest was for. this year it is being forced down our throat.

I know, and its a shame. What I'd give to see Dean Ambrose get the win, 0 chance of it happening though

12am or 1am start here for the whole thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sad to think it's a year since Punk wrestled his last match. Also this time last year, the New Age Outlaws were making a return to win the tag titles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Deadlie wrote: »
    The odds on
    The Rock
    went from 100/1 to 12/1 and they're now sitting at 4/1.
    Is that price determined on how many people are betting on it or how is it judged?

Dave Meltzer on his podcast said this morning that if
    The Rock is in the Rumble then he will have to win
    so it could be that.
    12am or 1am start here for the whole thing?

Pre-show 12.30am, main show 1am. The Rumble match could go on se ond last or last. I'd assume the Rumble will be an hour at least and the WWE title match about 40mins with entrances and maybe a post-match angle. Show will be over by 4am.

Ageyev wrote: »
    so it could be that.

Pre-show 12.30am, main show 1am. The Rumble match could go on se ond last or last. I'd assume the Rumble will be an hour at least and the WWE title match about 40mins with entrances and maybe a post-match angle.

Rollins cashing in MITB anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Rollins cashing in MITB anyone?

More than a few people have kicked that idea around lately. He has the briefcase title shot until June so there's no rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Thanks. We should get Rovert to do an AMA on here ;)

Wrestling and betting seems so odd. Even with the 2 or 3 scripts. It's not like Paddy Power would take bets on the outcome of the end of a film.

They offered bets on who shot Mr. Burns on the Simpsons back in the day. A group of college students had a friend who saw the episode in the US before it aired here and backed Maggie Simpson. Since they had no odds for her, Paddy Power offered 500/1 and promptly got fleeced.

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/10/02/doh-is-comic-guy-about-to-leaf-the-simpsons/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ageyev wrote: »
    so it could be that.

Or Rusev eliminates him setting up WM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thrice in a lifetime anyone?

Thrice in a lifetime anyone?

Maybe Kane can finally get his RR win and we see him v Cena at Wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Reports that
    Sheamus unlikely to be at Royal Rumble. Hopefully injury not too serious, a little disappointing

So many spoilers, so much temptation to click them!

The Rumble was a lot more fun pre-internet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Love to see one of Generico or Steen in it and get an elimination or two. Or Devitt obviously.

Not a big spoiler at all but covering just in case.

B show wrestler
    Bo Dallas
    confirmed for the Rumble. Vince cant stand this guy so expect him to be gone within 60 seconds.

• Advertisement

Bad News Barret makes his wildcard prediction

https://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/559409373861404672

And someone has made a new CenaWinsLOL

Q3vbl5x.gif

Advertisement