Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble Pre Show Thread *30 competitors again!!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Well hasn't it been almost taken as a given that Brock Lesnar isn't going to be continuing on afterwards? I really hope WWE don't start making any reference to Roman Reigns having a streak.

Yeah there's rumours that he will go back to MMA for a final run. Belator have expressed interest so there could be a bidding war with UFC. WWE will likely be priced out because of their financial situation and there are questions whether Brock is worth the cost to them. However, they may balk at losing another top name to MMA after CM Punk.

Afaik Lesnar is not booked for Fast Lane so one would assume he either loses the belt at Rumble or Mania. Unlike last year's Mania screw-up with Batista and Orton they are kind of limited with Lesnar as champ due to limited dates so they may switch the title back to Cena to free things up unless they want to put all their eggs in the Lesnar vs Reigns basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Knowing Cena, he'll probably find a way to stick his nose into the title match at Wrestlemania and make it a triple threat match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yeah there's rumours that he will go back to MMA for a final run. Belator have expressed interest so there could be a bidding war with UFC. WWE will likely be priced out because of their financial situation and there are questions whether Brock is worth the cost to them. However, they may balk at losing another top name to MMA after CM Punk.

Afaik Lesnar is not booked for Fast Lane so one would assume he either loses the belt at Rumble or Mania. Unlike last year's Mania screw-up with Batista and Orton they are kind of limited with Lesnar as champ due to limited dates so they may switch the title back to Cena to free things up unless they want to put all their eggs in the Lesnar vs Reigns basket.
    I'd much rather Brock Lesnar hold the title until WrestleMania, rather than the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Although a Heel Reigns taking the title off Cena is very appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

They are calling he match at the rumble "the final chapter" this worries me as it may point to "Cena wins lol"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

They are calling he match at the rumble "the final chapter" this worries me as it may point to "Cena wins lol"

Wrestlemania XXVIII:
    Rock VS Cena-Once in a lifetime

Wrestlemaina NY/NJ:
    Rock VS Cena- Fcuk you Wwe universe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Maybe he will, if people think/know that Lesnar might be off after mania, a title or any match at Mania becomes pointless.

I still remember the farce that was Lesnar Goldberg

We all still remember that. Hopefully the audience becomes more vocal in the lead-in to Royal Rumble now. Still, though, I'd much rather him keep the title than have Cena win it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Is there no way Daniel Bryan could return for the Rumble?

Who knows, really? The whole thing of not having any return date could be them playing us all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I Would love if WWE did that and tbh as said nobody knows when he is back. him winning The Rumble would be a huge moment and it would also be an absolutely massive pop like only people like The Rock get these days if he came out as say no.30

Him vs Lesnar is just such a better match than Reigns no matter how anyone dresses it up for me and the 2 months of promos would just be better too than what I fear it might be with Reigns vs Heyman. Bryan just fits that ultimate underdog story so well too

Reigns would then avoid the Bootista crowd wraith from being pushed when the fans don't want it (At least the smart fans) and go into a feud he would be much more suited to imo... Vs the Undefeated Rusev for the US title.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Everyone needs to watch the Smackdown main event of Reigns vs Rusev. Smackdown crowds are normally really dead but this was another level especially when Roman was selling. The fans are into the Superman punch not much else. Wrestlemania is the show of the year and major part of WWE's business I honestly would trust the main event to Roman he's at least a year away from headlining Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ridley wrote: »
    Is there no way Daniel Bryan could return for the Rumble?

I hope himself and Ziggler are 1 & 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

If Reigns Lesnar goes ahead a heel switch on the night and Heyman side with him would do wonders for him to be around a natural talker like that so much

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reigns would be best used as a heel with a guy like Heyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,859 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    Reigns would be best used as a heel with a guy like Heyman.

I'd agree, except he has the WWE look. Doesn't really fit the Lesnar/Rusev mould.

The closest comparison I could make for his kinda niche is Randy Orton. I think he would be well served with the Authority for that reason. HHH and Steph to do his talking, he ain't never gonna be Seth Rollins on the mic that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

CSF wrote: »
    I'd agree, except he has the WWE look. Doesn't really fit the Lesnar/Rusev mould.

The closest comparison I could make for his kinda niche is Randy Orton. I think he would be well served with the Authority for that reason. HHH and Steph to do his talking, he ain't never gonna be Seth Rollins on the mic that's for sure

Mic work can be coached. Seth Rollins for example is amazing compared to what he once was. Reigns just needs a tonne of acting lessons and someone better writing his lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Reigns just needs a tonne of acting lessons and someone better writing his lines.

Maybe he should give his cousin a call

I'd rather see The Rock come back and defend the title even less than Lesnar, instead of Reigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope himself and Ziggler are 1 & 2

As things are at the moment, if it were up to me I'd make Ziggler #1 and Rollins #2. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,859 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Mic work can be coached. Seth Rollins for example is amazing compared to what he once was. Reigns just needs a tonne of acting lessons and someone better writing his lines.

I will be very impressed with any coach who turns Reigns into anything other than a competent speaker at best.

I think the best-case scenario, he'll get as good as Bret Hart was, competent, but clearly not comfortable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I saw his promo on Main Event there. They'll hardly bring the Big Guy back as a "surprise" entrant?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I saw his promo on Main Event there. They'll hardly bring the Big Guy back as a "surprise" entrant?

Better still have the Big Guy show up with Sting Facepaint, cause havoc and in the process get Rusev eliminated. Have him go the renegade route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What I would love to see in a Rumble is numbers 1 and 2 are in an intense fued. They beat the crap out of each other and every time a new entrant arrives, they just turn on him, eliminate him and get back to their own business. For the entire match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If it's not DB winning it(it really, REALLY should be him), then I want Ambrose and Reigns to eliminate each other and Rollins to win the triple threat.

Shield triple threat in the WM main event. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Are Orton or Bootisa back for the Rumble?

Would love to see Bryan win it but cant see with his recent injury

Rollins to cash in MITB after Cena wins
    Regins to win the Rumble
    Regins / Rusev most eliminations
    If Angle is back he eliminates Rusev
    Ambrose to start a new feud with whoever eliminates him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    If Angle is back he eliminates Rusev

Just re-signed with TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Are Orton or Bootisa back for the Rumble?

Hes filming the new bond film so he wont be allowed take part. Nor would he want to.

Advertisement