Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options
1484950515254»

Comments

Grayson wrote: »
    I think his point is that they're all pretty bad.
    Of the options Gerry is useless and SF have some of the most ridiculous economic policies.
    Joe higgins is just as bad. Some nice ideas but some terrible ones too.
    Labour generally aren't too bad, but I wouldn't want Burton to be in charge.
    Fianna fail are a corrupt bunch of **** who caused the whole mess we find ourselves in over the last 5 years. I can't see how any of them have support.
    FG have made some mistakes but considering the whole sh1tstorm they took over that've actually not been as bad as they could be. I'm not a huge fan of then and I would never call myself a FG supporter but of all the options I don't think they're the best, I think they're the least bad.

So in summary

Everyone is shyte but FG are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So in summary

Everyone including FG are shyte, just the others are worse. It's not a yes/no system, it's a sliding shyte scale ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

I'd second those thoughts on FG. No a fan of a huge amount of their policies but they've performed quite well in impossible circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Beaner1 wrote: »
    I'd second those thoughts on FG. No a fan of a huge amount of their policies but they've performed quite well in impossible circumstances.

Especially the way they stamped out cronyism, corruption and nepotism and their new way of doing politics. (remember them basing their entire pre election platform on this promise?)

Great bunch of lads altogether.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Grayson wrote: »
    I think his point is that they're all pretty bad.
    Of the options Gerry is useless and SF have some of the most ridiculous economic policies.
    Joe higgins is just as bad. Some nice ideas but some terrible ones too.
    Labour generally aren't too bad, but I wouldn't want Burton to be in charge.
    Fianna fail are a corrupt bunch of **** who caused the whole mess we find ourselves in over the last 5 years. I can't see how any of them have support.
    FG have made some mistakes but considering the whole sh1tstorm they took over that've actually not been as bad as they could be. I'm not a huge fan of then and I would never call myself a FG supporter but of all the options I don't think they're the best, I think they're the least bad.

Exactly...

The political process is Ireland is never about picking The best it's about picking the least bad.

The above is a fairly good summation of the current state of affairs..

FG will be the largest party after the next election , the only question is who they'll be in coalition with.

For me it will either be Labour again or another possibility is if that weapon Creighton forms a new party they might sneek enough seats to blag their way in , in a PD sort of way.

If anything the recent crap over Adams could actually be a good thing for SF (unfortunately, as their policies are the real problem) if they dump him quickly....

But I suspect he'll hang on in there and poison the well for SF - Bottom line this next election is their best chance for the foreseeable future... Once the economy recovers they'll lose a large chunk of their recent gains. If Adams is still in charge they will not get a place in government... With him gone, there's a very slim outside chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

So in summary

Jesus christ did you even read his post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

We have a politics forum for politics. Can we get back on topic, thanks

Advertisement