Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

Are people still moaning about protesters?

100,000 on the streets of Dublin last week, the government running scared.

The wind of change is blowing and some people cant help themselves still showing their nasty side.

Ironically if the water charges are scrapped for domestic households its the very same people who will gain, so how about you lay off the nastiness.

I have never seen such a bunch of evil posters wanting horrible things done to their fellow citizen before. If it was an immigrant you wanted beaten etc this thread would be shut down and bannings would be given, just because its not an immigrant but concerned citizens you appear to be allowed to continue your tirade of hate.

Shame on all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Someone who exercises their right of protest is low life scum now?

I'm a regular at the protests when I can fit it around my work life does that make me scum?

When they bully, harass, intimidate workers going about their business then yes they are low life scum

When the cause criminal damage to workers private property then yes they are low life scum.

When they take pictures and videos of workers going about their business and post it on social media then yes they are low life scum.

If you were to engage in any of the above activity then yes i would class you as low life scum, If you cannot tell the difference between being a peaceful protester and the above then that's not my problem.

Timberrrrrrrr;92644054When they bully, harass, intimidate workers going about their business then yes they are low life scum

Evidence?
    When the cause criminal damage to workers private property then yes they are low life scum.

Evidence?
    When they take pictures and videos of workers going about their business and post it on social media then yes they are low life scum.

Perfectly legal. How are they scum for exercising their legal rights?
    If you were to engage in any of the above activity then yes i would class you as low life scum, If you cannot tell the difference between being a peaceful protester and the above then that's not my problem.

I think people calling other people scum are no better themselves. Calling your fellow citizen scum because you dont like the fact they are standing up for themselves?

Were these people scum for standing up to the government of the time and using violence to get their way?

Thomas J. Clarke
    Seán Mac Diarmada
    Thomas MacDonagh
    P. H. Pearse
    Éamonn Ceannt
    James Connolly
    Joseph Plunkett
    Éamon de Valera

The wind of change is blowing and some people cant help themselves still showing their nasty side.

Ironically if the water charges are scrapped for domestic households its the very same people who will gain, so how about you lay off the nastiness.

I have never seen such a bunch of evil posters wanting horrible things done to their fellow citizen before. If it was an immigrant you wanted beaten etc this thread would be shut down and bannings would be given, just because its not an immigrant but concerned citizens you appear to be allowed to continue your tirade of hate.

Shame on all of you.

Fully agree with you

Similar name too, Coincidence? :rolleyes:
    FREETV wrote: »
    I would love to see Enda and his cohorts whipped publically or stoned. :D
    Originally Posted by FREETV View Post

Maybe people should keep a few fireworks for the marches on Nov1 Nationwide.

Gardai would love those!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Evidence?

Evidence?

Perfectly legal. How are they scum for exercising their legal rights?

I think people calling other people scum are no better themselves. Calling your fellow citizen scum because you dont like the fact they are standing up for themselves?

Were these people scum for standing up to the government of the time and using violence to get their way?

Thomas J. Clarke
    Seán Mac Diarmada
    Thomas MacDonagh
    P. H. Pearse
    Éamonn Ceannt
    James Connolly
    Joseph Plunkett
    Éamon de Valera

Getting desperate now ,

Been threatened with imitation fire arms

Videos of intimidation are all there in this thread ,

Cars have had their tyres slashed on multiple occasions,

The evidence is all there ,

And these scum been mentioned in the 1916 leaders names seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Ah Christ. Here we go again with the martyr claims. You don't get to compare yourself to the founders of the country because you shouted abuse at some IW workers and got in the way of a meter installation.

Gatling;92644105]Getting desperate now ,

No
    Videos of intimidation are all there in this thread ,

Good, wont be hard for you to show your exact points then.
    Cars have had their tyres slashed on multiple occasions,

Evidence? How about you show us
    The evidence is all there ,

Show us then
    And these scum been mentioned in the 1916 leaders name seriously

Why not? in 1916 these people without the backing of the Irish people decided to take up arms against the then government of the time. Apart from their ultra violence how are their actions any different?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Why do these knackers always reference 1916 and other irrelevant historical events which they barely understand.

Ah Christ. Here we go again with the martyr claims. You don't get to compare yourself to the founders of the country because you shouted abuse at some IW workers and got in the way of a meter installation.

Why not? in 1916 these people without the backing of the Irish people decided to take up arms against the then government of the time. Apart from their ultra violence how are their actions any different?

Believe it or not but they actually killed Irish people to get their own way.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Why do these knackers always reference 1916 and other irrelevant historical events which they barely understand.

Are you calling me a knacker?

How about you answer the question instead of using offensive racial terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Shame on all of you.

Read some of my posts above.

I don't have an issue with protests. I commend the march last Saturday as it was a huge success and if it forces the government into scrapping the charges then fair enough. That's what protests and demonstrations are about.

I have an issue with people who hang around the estates where the meter installers are working and harass and intimidate them. For evidence of harassment please see the video I posted a link to earlier (there are similar ones on youtube). For evidence of intimidation please see other videos on youtube where the workers have been entrapped in their vehciles for hours. I also note an Irish Times article previously referenced in this thread where a reporter was at one of these protests and noted that 2 of the vans had had their tyres slashed.

I think the actions outlined above should be dealt with by the Gardai and I am surprised by how ineffective they have been. I feel sorry for the workers in these situations who clearly turn to the gardai for support and get nothing.

No

Good, wont be hard for you to show your exact points then.

Evidence? How about you show us

Show us then

So you want all the videos to be reposted no chance

The evidence is all there in front of you

Badger2009 wrote: »
    Read some of my posts above.

I don't have an issue with protests. I commend the march last Saturday as it was a huge success and if it forces the government into scrapping the charges then fair enough. That's what protests and demonstrations are about.

I have an issue with people who hang around the estates where the meter installers are working and harass and intimidate them. For evidence of harassment please see the video I posted a link to earlier (there are similar ones on youtube). For evidence of intimidation please see other videos on youtube where the workers have been entrapped in their vehciles for hours. I also note an Irish Times article previously referenced in this thread where a reporter was at one of these protests and noted that 2 of the vans had had their tyres slashed.

I think the actions outlined above should be dealt with by the Gardai and I am surprised by how ineffective they have been. I feel sorry for the workers in these situations who clearly turn to the gardai for support and get nothing.

If you want to make a claim then post your evidence in your next post to me with exact time stamps as to where you feel the law has been broken.

I am not about to go trawling the internet to search for stuff that may or may not be there.

You have made the allegations, now Im asking you to provide evidence to support your claims.

Gatling wrote: »
    So you want all the videos to be reposted no chance

The evidence is all there in front of you

Not at all, just one video will do, one video with time stamps supporting all the claims you are making.

Not at all, just one video will do, one video with time stamps supporting all the claims you are making.

Go back to page one and start viewing then

Believe it or not but they actually killed Irish people to get their own way.

I think as a society we have moved on from then. I for one would not like to have been around in those times as it was terrifying for ordinary citizens who were caught up in the middle. We only have to look at other countries where similar things are going on at the moment - Syria for example.

Protest marches such as the one last Saturday are the way it should be done. It quite obviously had a big impact on the government because on Monday morning they were announcing 20% relief on water charges.

The harassment / obstruction of workers does nothing other than to cause grief to workers and waste garda resources.

Gatling wrote: »
    Go back to page one and start viewing then

Went back to page 93, no video posted at all to support any of the claims you have made.

Are you a liar?

I think as a society we have moved on from then. I for one would not like to have been around in those times as it was terrifying for ordinary citizens who were caught up in the middle. We only have to look at other countries where similar things are going on at the moment - Syria for example.

Protest marches such as the one last Saturday are the way it should be done. It quite obviously had a big impact on the government because on Monday morning they were announcing 20% relief on water charges.

The harassment / obstruction of workers does nothing other than to cause grief to workers and waste garda resources.

Have we moved on?

As in 1916 people believed they had no other choice but to fight the government, regretfully they had to take up arms and fight their fellow Irish man to gain their goals.

In 2014 I see no difference, we have had water charges imposed on us by foreign powers, the government appear to care nothing about the ability to pay for water by the people and have imposed a charge that moan if not most of the people in this country find distasteful.

As in 1916 a small group of people have decided to stand up for themselves and are taking direct action to fight their corner.

If you want to make a claim then post your evidence in your next post to me with exact time stamps as to where you feel the law has been broken.

I am not about to go trawling the internet to search for stuff that may or may not be there.

You have made the allegations, now Im asking you to provide evidence to support your claims.

What sort of nonsense is this about time stamps and not trawling through the internet?

Firstly we are not in court and we can all make up our own minds when we see various videos posted in threads from the protestors own pages without time time stamps etc.

I am not going to quote my own posts again but it is on page 93 the video I posted. There are many more on the Dublin Says No youtube page. I don't need to repost them.

I have just asked you to look at them. I have and I have informed myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ve2t-vkbJo

16 seconds, harassing and intimidating the worker by surrounding him as he tries to do his job.

22 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAC7AmjMsQ

surrounding and intimidating workers trying to go about their business]

Many more videos out there showing the same scummy behaviour by the same low lifes.

• Advertisement

Do you think they all met on Sunday night and said "Jaysus lads that was a massive protest we had better give em a cut to show we are listening"? Or do you think this was planned well before then?

=Timberrrrrrrr;92644235]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ve2t-vkbJo

16 seconds, harassing and intimidating the worker by surrounding him as he tries to do his job

16 seconds in the protesters are informing the worker that he is there illegally and in their space. How is that harassment?

Also the worker is smoking in the workplace, isn't that illegal?
    22 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znAC7AmjMsQ

surrounding and intimidating workers trying to go about their business]

Many more videos out there showing the same scummy behaviour by the same low lifes.

Surrounding and intimidating workers?

Yes they are surrounding, but that is called protest. If you want to protest in from of the Dail you are moved back away from the main road and put behind barriers. Maybe the Gardai have failed in their crowd management?

Sorry but you have failed to support anything you have claimed, you just posted two videos of people performing their legal right to protest.

Do you think they all met on Sunday night and said "Jaysus lads that was a massive protest we had better give em a cut to show we are listening"? Or do you think this was planned well before then?

The government panicked and threw a few breadcrumbs in the budget. Its so obvious!

I don't think it was planned. I think it was a kneejerk reaction. 20% discount is massive and to me it was a figure plucked out if thin air.

I also see that something like 12% of people wouldn't be included in the relief so they are now trying to come up with ways to include them.

This suggests to me that it was not planned. Just how it looks to me but I could be wrong.

16 seconds in the protesters are informing the worker that he is there illegally and in their space. How is that harassment?

Also the worker is smoking in the workplace, isn't that illegal?

He is smoking in the open air and no it's not illegal. It only takes one person to discuss this not 5 or 6 of them pushing right up to him. If you don't see intimidation or harassment then you obviously don't know the meaning of those words.

Surrounding and intimidating workers?

Yes they are surrounding, but that is called protest. If you want to protest in from of the Dail you are moved back away from the main road and put behind barriers. Maybe the Gardai have failed in their crowd management?

Sorry but you have failed to support anything you have claimed, you just posted two videos of people performing their legal right to protest.

You asked for evidence of scummy behaviour and i posted it, again if you cannot see it then i refer to my above post.

The government panicked and threw a few breadcrumbs in the budget. Its so obvious!

Yeah sure, Because that's somethingthate gets decided and implemented in a few hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Someone who exercises their right of protest is low life scum now?

I'm a regular at the protests when I can fit it around my work life does that make me scum?

Are you familiar with set theory and Venn diagrams?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Tax relief on other charges already available: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/waste_management_and_recycling/tax_relief_on_domestic_service_charges.html

The budget extended this to domestic water charges. Whether the rally on Saturday had an influence on this is debatable - would imagine such devisions were made in advance of this.

Tyre slashing reported In the media here

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/water-charges-concern-at-excessive-garda-force-1.1955232

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203151698210186

QUOTE]

I posted this video earlier.

It clearly shows harassment and obstruction.

I just feel for the workers as they seem to get no support from the guards.

If it was me and someone was stopping me getting into work like this I would hope that I could call the guards and they would come to my assistance. I think the workers in the video are justified in having an expectation of the same treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

As in 1916 people believed they had no other choice but to fight the government, regretfully they had to take up arms and fight their fellow Irish man to gain their goals.

In 2014 I see no difference,

I remember in the HHC thread people were comparing their actions to those of Gandhi.

I think you've actually beaten that ridiculous analogy though in terms of misplaced self-importance, bluster and bombastic nonsense - I didn't think that would be possible.

Well done.

Advertisement