Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

He is smoking in the open air and no it's not illegal. It only takes one person to discuss this not 5 or 6 of them pushing right up to him. If you don't see intimidation or harassment then you obviously don't know the meaning of those words.

Yes it is illegal to smoike in the workplace unless it is a designated area. The regulatrions are

Outdoor smoking areas
    While smoking in an enclosed workplace is forbidden, employers have discretion to provide an outdoor smoking area, subject to the requirements of the law.

The law has defined an outdoor area as:

A place or premises, or part of a place or premises, that is wholly uncovered by any roof, fixed or mobile.
    An outdoor place or premises that is covered by a roof, so long as not more than 50% of the perimeter (outside) is covered by a wall, windows, gate or similar.

You asked for evidence of scummy behaviour and i posted it, again if you cannot see it then i refer to my above post.

The only person breaking the law is the Irish water worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Went back to page 93, no video posted at all to support any of the claims you have made.

Are you a liar?

Excuse me

Where exactly have I lied

• Registered Users Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He is smoking in the open air and no it's not illegal. It only takes one person to discuss this not 5 or 6 of them pushing right up to him. If you don't see intimidation or harassment then you obviously don't know the meaning of those words.

Yes it is illegal to smoike in the workplace unless it is a designated area. The regulatrions are

From your own post!
    Outdoor smoking areas
    While smoking in an enclosed workplace is forbidden, employers have discretion to provide an outdoor smoking area, subject to the requirements of the law.

A place or premises, or part of a place or premises, that is wholly uncovered by any roof, fixed or mobile.
    An outdoor place or premises that is covered by a roof, so long as not more than 50% of the perimeter (outside) is covered by a wall, windows, gate or similar.

He is OUTSIDE in the OPEN AIR and is therefore not breaking the law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Your nitpicking now Ive seen plenty of troublemakers smoking around the workers so its one rule for you lot and another for them

If you have a problem with him smoking dont go into his personal space and scream in his face he was in the open and I think the amount of stress you put upon those men the are entitled to have a smoke in the open if its not their smoking its their baldy tires, no tax you lot have a monumental cheek

And comparing yourselves to the lads in 1916 is laughable it just makes you look pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Yes it is illegal to smoike in the workplace unless it is a designated area.
    Or not enclosed......
    Smoking is forbidden in enclosed places of work
    Link to regulations

Even the health and safety experts among the protesters know that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Public Order Act 1994

9.—Any person who, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, wilfully prevents or interrupts the free passage of any person or vehicle in any public place shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £200.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Water protestors used the most pathetic weasel like arguments. Look his tyres are bald. He's smoking in the the workplace. They are the bottom 20% of society in every way.

Gatling wrote: »
    Excuse me

Where exactly have I lied

Still waiting

From your own post!

He is OUTSIDE in the OPEN AIR and is therefore not breaking the law!

Can you read?

Does that look like a outdoor smoking area too you?

Gatling wrote: »
    Still waiting

I do apologise, some of us have to work and unable to spend all day monaing about people using their legal right to protest on boards.ie

Anyhow

You said if I clicked back one page I would see videos highlighting your claims about protesters.

I not only went back one but I went back 3 pages and could find no videos least of all any videos backing up your allegations.

Further I did not say you lied, I asked you were you lying, the question mark should have helped you to understand that.

• Advertisement

Can you read?

Does that look like a outdoor smoking area too you?

And they have provided an outdoor smoking area, It's called OUTDOORS!

Do you think farmers who smoke walk to the corner of a field to have a quick puff? Do you think greenkeepers on golf courses head to the designated smoking area near the clubhouse? Your posts are getting more pathetic by the minute.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Water protestors used the most pathetic weasel like arguments. Look his tyres are bald. He's smoking in the the workplace. They are the bottom 20% of society in every way.

And what are you? The top?

LOL

Do you advocate people driving on illegal tyres and breaking laws in relation to smoking in the workplace?

You complain about people using their LEGAL RIGHT to PROTEST and call them the bottom 20% and yet seem to advocate law breaking! I suggest you walk to a mirror and look into it, it is you who are among the bottom 20%

I do apologise, some of us have to work and unable to spend all day monaing about people using their legal right to protest on boards.ie

Anyhow

You said if I clicked back one page I would see videos highlighting your claims about protesters.

I not only went back one but I went back 3 pages and could find no videos least of all any videos backing up your allegations.

Further I did not say you lied, I asked you were you lying, the question mark should have helped you to understand that.

He said GO BACK TO PAGE ONE - not go back one page.

And they have provided an outdoor smoking area, It's called OUTDOORS!

LOL, Laughable stuff.

You are now claiming that Irish Water or whatever company the lad works for and legally provided the outdoors and designated it as a smoking area?

Your some clown if you think that's a counter argument.

Perhaps you would like to provide documentary evidence to support this theory that the outdoors has been designated a smoking area provide heavy machinery?

Mod: Banned

LOL

Do you advocate people driving on illegal tyres and breaking laws in relation to smoking in the workplace?

You complain about people using their LEGAL RIGHT to PROTEST and call them the bottom 20% and yet seem to advocate law breaking! I suggest you walk to a mirror and look into it, it is you who are among the bottom 20%

Please show me the QUALIFIED mechanic who has claimed that the tyres on a vehicle were illegal.

Smoking outdoors is not illegal so stop posting nonsense.

Anyhow

You clearly stated I'm a liar

He said GO BACK TO PAGE ONE - not go back one page.

OK, page 1.

Care to show me where anyone has broken the law?

Protesting is a legal right.

Show me where any laws have been broken?

LOL, Laughable stuff.

You are now claiming that Irish Water or whatever company the lad works for and legally provided the outdoors and designated it as a smoking area?

Your some clown if you think that's a counter argument.

Perhaps you would like to provide documentary evidence to support this theory that the outdoors has been designated a smoking area provide heavy machinery?

If you work outdoors you don't need a designated smoking area DUCY? ;)
    Do you think farmers who smoke walk to the corner of a field to have a quick puff? Do you think greenkeepers on golf courses head to the designated smoking area near the clubhouse? Your posts are getting more pathetic by the minute.

OK, page 1.

Care to show me where anyone has broken the law?

Protesting is a legal right.

Show me where any laws have been broken?

Don't pick on me, Sunshine. I only pointed out that you didn't read the post correctly.

Please show me the QUALIFIED mechanic who has claimed that the tyres on a vehicle were illegal.

Smoking outdoors is not illegal so stop posting nonsense.

I never claimed the tyres were illegal, are you claiming they were legal?

Neither of us can provide evidence to the contrary so why do you wish to raise it as some sort of throw back at protesters who were there and can see if a tyre is legal or not.

Next time your in a car park try inspecting a few tyres on vehicles, you certainly dont need to be a mechanic to see that some tyres are indeed illegal to be on the road.

• Advertisement

Don't pick on me, Sunshine. I only pointed out that you didn't read the post correctly.

You responded to a comment that wasnt directed at you, dont reply to it if you dont want to engage.

You responded to a comment that wasnt directed at you, dont reply to it if you dont want to engage.

You quoted MY post, so naturally I assumed you were answering ME.

Neither of us can provide evidence to the contrary so why do you wish to raise it as some sort of throw back at protesters who were there and can see if a tyre is legal or not.

Next time your in a car park try inspecting a few tyres on vehicles, you certainly dont need to be a mechanic to see that some tyres are indeed illegal to be on the road.

Sigh

LOL

I also never said that so maybe you need to check who you are quoting before posting ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Ok the tyres were bald. That settles the great water charges debate once and for all.

I'm a top 1% so the charges make no odds to me. I'd like to possibky return to a solvent country in the next few decades so this welfare class need to be destroyed.

If you work outdoors you don't need a designated smoking area DUCY? ;)

Regardless of what ever farmers do the law clearly states that if you widh to smoke outdoors your employer must provide a designated smoking area.

You made the laughable claim that all the outdoors was a designated smoking area, and it appears you now want to backtrack from that ludicrous claim.

Is that the case, do you accept the outdoors is indeed not a designated area and described under Irish law?

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Ok the tyres were bald. That settles the great water charges debate once and for all.

I'm a top 1% so the charges make no odds to me. I'd like to possibky return to a solvent country in the next few decades so this welfare class need to be destroyed.

Are, your a 1%, good for you.

Surely you have more important things to do that engage with us mere mortals below you?

Why would a 1% want the welfare class destroyed? Surely these low paid people are the very ones doing your bidding keeping you at the top?

I have no time for people who consider themselves a top 1% and call for people on welfare to be "Destroyed", I doubt you are nowhere near the top 1% and just a person who hasn't nothing better to do with their day, or . Cant say it, apparently certain words for people like you are banned on After Hours. Never mind. Anyone reading that rubbish you wrote clearly knows what you are.

Regardless of what ever farmers do the law clearly states that if you widh to smoke outdoors your employer must provide a designated smoking area.

Are farmers and greenkeepers not workers? Please show me where it states that an employer MUST provide a designated smoking area.
    You made the laughable claim that all the outdoors was a designated smoking area, and it appears you now want to backtrack from that ludicrous claim.

Is that the case, do you accept the outdoors is indeed not a designated area and described under Irish law?

If you work outdoors then you don't need a designated outdoor smoking area, if you cannot understand why this is then i fear you are beyond help and i pity you.

You quoted MY post, so naturally I assumed you were answering ME.

And you quoted my post that wasn't directed to you, so I naturally felt you were supporting the argument that the videos show clear evidence of law breaking.

Timberrrrrrrr;92645941]

Are farmers and greenkeepers not workers? Please show me where it states that an employer MUST provide a designated smoking area.

As I have pointed out, the law is the law. If people choose to break the law then that is their option.

Just because people break the law by smoking in the workplace regardless of it being outdoors, this cant cancel out those laws.
    If you work outdoors then you don't need a designated outdoor smoking area, if you cannot understand why this is then i fear you are beyond help and i pity you.

What is the law on smoking in the workplace? You can only smoke in designated areas outdoors.

Is a public street a designated area by an employer to smoke? NO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

You lads are gas craic altogether.
    There's one f*ckwit on here who has claimed that I draw the dole, don't pay taxes and the most recent, laughable claim, was that I was 'driving while texting, is there no law these protesters won't break'.
    Seriously people, if you want to argue the point in favour of water taxes/charges, you should drop the childish crap some of you come out with.

Advertisement