Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the pushing of mystique as a main character simply because its Jennifer Lawerence is just bullsh*t. nothing wrong with Jennifer, but distorting films just to put her front and centre is stupid.. but hey, hollywood. its basically professional wrestling.

Anyone have any pictures of the big man, Apocalypse himself? I dont want to watch the trailer as I like not knowing everything about a film before I go in and trailers nowadays are fu*king shocking in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Penn wrote: »
    Quicksilver_zpsybv18hry.jpg

A lot of scenes in that trailer look very "I'm standing in front of green-screen" and have a incredibly sterile look to them. That Quicksilver one looks very odd though, like the lighting of the background doesn't quite match up with him at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Duggy747 wrote: »
    A lot of scenes in that trailer look very "I'm standing in front of green-screen" and have a incredibly sterile look to them. That Quicksilver one looks very odd though, like the lighting of the background doesn't quite match up with him at all.

I'm guessing it's done intentionally to give off the impression he's running at lightling speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I think the small glimpse of the Quicksilver scene looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out in all its glory in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so from that Apocalypse scene I'm guessing
    that is were he cripples Prof X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Skerries wrote: »
    He is already crippled...

Magneto.. Bullet... First Class...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Skerries wrote: »

Maybe he is holding him down to shave his he head ;p

I am one of the biggest X-Men fans... and I want the next movie to be as good as Days of Future past... But this trailer looks like a video game...

hopefully I am just expecting the worst so as to be blown away by the film on the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought it was a terrible trailer too ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Apocolypse looks like a blue Zygon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It was alright. Will go to see it. I guess it just has big boots to fill.

Also still not sure if they're gonna live up to the 90s deep-voiced, meaning-filled sounding quotes from Apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Certainly the weakest of the trailers released for this but still a solid trailer. It's heavy on the CG so I'd say the final product will look a bit more polished on the big screen. This is looking very good with some nice mutant on mutant action sequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm hoping that they resisted showing something "great" like Doomsday and Spider-Man were shown in other trailers because this is just a CGI fest and nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As with the first two, I think it's the performances from McAvoy and Fassbender which will be vital to this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Hope Cyclops gets a better portrayal & bigger role this time out, he was my favourite as a kid in the animated series

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hope Cyclops gets a better portrayal & bigger role this time out, he was my favourite as a kid in the animated series

Be nice to see a bit of sibling rivalry between the two summers boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

In the comics who were the 4 horse men? Mystique is getting well played out.
    Trailer looks terrible.
    Singer I involved though and he gets it right for the most part

As far as I can gather Lawrence is only doing this out of contractual obligation and from the trailer it looks like they only wrote Mystique in because they had Lawrence on contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Bowlardo wrote: »
    In the comics who were the 4 horse men

They were Apocalypse's elite henchmen. Generally find 4 people to be his horsemen and then modifies their powers and controls. They've had a number of people as the 4 horsemen in the comics. I mean Archangel and Wolverine have been horsemen in the past. In fact Apocalypse plays a big part in Archangel's character story. But there were loads of members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Bowlardo wrote: »
    In the comics who were the 4 horse men? Mystique is getting well played out.
    Trailer looks terrible.
    Singer I involved though and he gets it right for the most part

There has been quite a few different horsemen.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Horsemen_of_Apocalypse_%28Earth-616%29#Succession_line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I really hate that "Forget everything you think you know" line. Fairly sure it's used in the Doctor Strange trailer as well.
    Also a little disappointed they've gone Mystique central again, given there's a wealth of talent elsewhere in the movie, but that's how it is.

Still very much looking forward to this.
    I've always found the 3rd Act in X-Men films to be way less reliant on "Blowing Everything Up" and more so on personal conflicts reaching a conclusion.
    I know they've got the CGI effects, but it's always seemed like a great spectacle rather than just ramping up the budget for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

definitely a big improvement on the last trailer....

Why would they ruin the
    Wolverine cameo
    ? Jesus, trailers drive me mad sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

First Class:
    Mystique: "Mutant, and proud!"

Apocalypse:
    Mystique: "F*ck looking like a mutant, I'm Jennifer F*cking Lawrence!"

Penn wrote: »
    First Class:
    Mystique: "Mutant, and proud!"

Apocalypse:
    Mystique: "F*ck looking like a mutant, I'm Jennifer F*cking Lawrence!"

At least she has an excuse for not looking 20 years older. Why they decided to put so much time between these films is beyond me and once again completely wrecks the continuity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »
    At least she has an excuse for not looking 20 years older. Why they decided to put so much time between these films is beyond me and once again completely wrecks the continuity.

I think it's a deliberate decision to set each film within a separate decade: First Class was set in the 60s, Future Past the 70s (well, partially anyway), and so Apocalypse is set in the 80s.

The new trailer really suggest they've amped up the Comicbook stylings even more than it was in Future Past: so much colour and elaborate, impractical costuming - marvellous :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think it's a deliberate decision to set each film within a separate decade: First Class was set in the 60s, Future Past the 70s (well, partially anyway), and so Apocalypse is set in the 80s.

I get that and it's a nice idea but the actors have all only aged 5 years and the movies have done nothing to even digitally age them or make-up. Was it even necessary, I think of anything in the DoFP that required it to be set in the 70s from a narrative perspective.

you know the characters don`t really age in the comics either...
    I'm not sure what the complaint is about.... these are comic book movies...

• Advertisement

you know the characters don`t really age in the comics either...
    I'm not sure what the complaint is about.... these are comic book movies...

These aren't comics though, these are movies and we have seen Xavier and Magneto age in the form of Stewart and McKellan so I'm not buying that excuse.

I'll still see the movie but it's going to bother me that all the characters from the first two films should be in their forties and fifties.

Advertisement