Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Oscar Isaacs looked more intimidating and ethereal in ex-machina. He just looks goofy here :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

It'll look better on film but if that picture is from a shot in the movie then it's probably safe to assume he'll actually be that size in the movie? Because he's shorter than the women...feels like bane all over again

It'll look better on film but if that picture is from a shot in the movie then it's probably safe to assume he'll actually be that size in the movie? Because he's shorter than the women...feels like bane all over again

He's a short actor, but with all the blue out looks like an elf, in person he can carry himself allot better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Is Shipp really that tall? Or is Storm wearing heels?

He's a short actor, but with all the blue out looks like an elf, in person he can carry himself allot better

Most actors seem to be short but they're made look taller with camera angles etc. but it's just if they're doing a shot with him directly beside the two like that and he's around their height then maybe they won't be making use of angles to make him bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Olivia Munn tho.........

patrickstewartwat.jpg

Most actors seem to be short but they're made look taller with camera angles etc. but it's just if they're doing a shot with him directly beside the two like that and he's around their height then maybe they won't be making use of angles to make him bigger.

I thought that was a shot of them filming,not a movie still, so camera angles wouldn't come into play. But really, do you need to be tall to protray centuries old menace, shouldn't that be on the actors skill set. They choose a tall actor to play wolverine, which IMO missed the fundamental character point

Apocalypse's costume looks very disappointing on first impression, will wait for him in action to judge better though.

I thought that was a shot of them filming,not a movie still, so camera angles wouldn't come into play. But really, do you need to be tall to protray centuries old menace, shouldn't that be on the actors skill set. They choose a tall actor to play wolverine, which IMO missed the fundamental character point
    Well Apocalypse is at least 7 foot tall and towers over majority of mutants. When Genesis matured he also grew to a similar height. If you wanted a small Wolverine you would surely have wanted a tall Apocalypse?
    Besides I'm not concerned about height. I wonder how they will handle his powerset, I imagine he'll be watered down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well Apocalypse is at least 7 foot tall and towers over majority of mutants. When Genesis matured he also grew to a similar height. If you wanted a small Wolverine you would surely have wanted a tall Apocalypse?
    Besides I'm not concerned about height. I wonder how they will handle his powerset, I imagine he'll be watered down.

His height may have been downsized but going on the end of credits scene his powers are still super sized.
    He was making a pyramid one himself.

• Advertisement

...I don't think you know Apocalypse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It looks like a Doctor Who episode

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    His height may have been downsized but going on the end of credits scene his powers are still super sized.
    He was making a pyramid one himself.

If they are then his height is really a nothing issue as he can alter his size. When Apocalypse starts showing his powers he could be made double that size. Isaac has said digital effects are part of the character aswell as practical ones.

I wonder will we get much glimpses of Angel or will it just be Archangel?

Interestingly Isaac was on Conan and he said because the suit he wears as Apocalypse is so squeaky, he will have to record his dialogue separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Apocalypse looks like absolute sh1t. If that turned up at comic con noone would even know who he was supposed to be.

I'm sure they wouldn't go with that woefully amateur design for such an important and iconic titular character. This must be from early in the film and the more familiar Apocalypse will surely appear at some stage (From the future maybe?). Although why would they use that awful version for promotion material though knowing it looks so bad? Maybe they'll reveal a teaser of the real Apocalypse closer to release to raise expectations again.

I don't buy they'd be this far off the mark given how faithful they've been with the accuracy/design/look of almost all the other characters in the franchise to date.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

Wouldn't expect to see anything closer to the comics..
    Looks like they're going along the lines of X-men Evolution for him, I'm guessing that's his post Eye of Ages look...
    I reckon if we see anything else in terms of a different look, it'll be more human looking.

I agree btw, he looks terrible.

While I'll concede this image is bad and hope there is changes. Its worth remembering the furore over Quicksilver and his tinfoil jacket. Quicksilver had one of the standout scenes in DoFP and is actually now being welcomed into Apocalypse. I wouldnt write him off yet.

While I'll concede this image is bad and hope there is changes. Its worth remembering the furore over Quicksilver and his tinfoil jacket. Quicksilver had one of the standout scenes in DoFP and is actually now being welcomed into Apocalypse. I wouldnt write him off yet.

While that scene was definitely the highlight, I still maintain that Quicksilver looks **** in that film.

But I see your point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't get while people get so worked up over the look of a character in puff pieces. Apocalypse could look like worzel gummidge for all I care all long as he is written right and the actor plays him well.
    Sure they could still change that look anyway if they feel so compelled. After first class and days of future past, I'm happy to cut them a little slack.
    The whole thing over joker as well. Sure he doesn't look great but he could turn out to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All the costumes were terrible in the future parts of DoFP and the pictures of those parts released before the film came out raised similar concerns, but ultimately nobady gave a **** because the film was so goody. I kind of like the bright colourful cheese of these movies' aesthetic though and love how they've kind of made each one a period piece, since this is set in the 80's the costumes shouldn't appear too out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hey, is this where I come to moan about Apocalypse' costume? Christ it's poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

.ak wrote: »
    Hey, is this where I come to moan about Apocalypse' costume? Christ it's poor!

Not as bad as the Irish RWC Jersey though 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dont seem to have a x-men verse thread. "Gambit" is apparently in doubt due to fears Tatum is going to quit due to him clashing with Fox.

Shame not to see Remy LeBeau join the movieverse but dont mind Tatum leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

He's to damn small, he needs to be at least 7 foot. He looks like a bloody Power Rangers villan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

5DtSwxD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Some cool Olivia Munn training shots here. She's really into the online stuff and shares what she can;

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/08/x-men-apocalypse-olivia-munn-shows-off.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Some cool Olivia Munn training shots here. She's really into the online stuff and shares what she can;

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/08/x-men-apocalypse-olivia-munn-shows-off.html
    I love Olivia Munn, and i love her even more after her saucy pics leaked!

Advertisement