Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Olivia Munn is The Business...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Some great images which give me further confidence that Apocalypse will look badass when he arrives on our screns...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/alleged-x-men-apocalypse-gives-closer-look-at-titular-villain

I probably won´t look at any more images until the movie now, Singer seems to have everything in control..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

COlfWsEVAAAFHtp.jpg:small

Munn & Hardy in costumes with their stunt doubles
    COl9xC-VAAAuEc7.jpg:small
    The new recruits Cyke, Kurt & Jean with Beast & Mystique

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Hmm looks like its going to have one of those trailers that shows you the end of the movie

There’s a scene – it’s going to get spoiled because they decided to use it in the trailer – but it's kind of a wrap up of six movies. So, it might run a little bit long ... but it’s not boring".

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/x-men-apocalypse/37303/x-men-apocalypse-will-be-a-longer-x-men-movie#ixzz3oL4YjG4u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

X-Men: Apocalypse trailer will be shown before Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

X-Men: Apocalypse co-writer/producer Simon Kinberg
    I can in fact confirm that information. Our first trailer will be on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It’s our first thing out there so it is somewhat of a teaser but it’s certainly longer than a minute and it has a ton of cool stuff in it

http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse-trailer-star-wars-7-force-awakens/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

X-Men: Apocalypse trailer is being released tomorrow on the official 20th Century Fox YouTube channel just announced on there Facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FoxMovies

Trailer released.

Wow.

My only reservation is that I wished Apocalypse had a slightly deeper voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I liked the trailer, still think Apocalypse looks rubbish though. He's to small and looks old.

I liked the trailer, still think Apocalypse looks rubbish though. He's to small and looks old.

Did you actually watch the trailer? He grows huugggee.

Also I like that a lot of the X-men are there as teenagers. You know what I'd love a future movie to be? Like an adaptation of Evolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Hmmm. To watch or not to watch???.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Did you actually watch the trailer? He grows huugggee.

Also I like that a lot of the X-men are there as teenagers. You know what I'd love a future movie to be? Like an adaptation of Evolution.

No i lied, i didn't watch the trailer at all.

And yes while i hope i grows bigger, i hope its not to tower block proportions like in the comic sometimes.

Also they nailed the baldy look.

L.S.F wrote: »
    Hmmm. To watch or not to watch???.....

To me, it's nowhere near as how spoiler-y the Batman VS Superman trailers have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Im also debating wether to watch this or not. Out of 10, how spoilery is it?

If you consider the most recent Batman vs Superman as being an 8 or a 9/10, then this, for me, would be a 5 or 6/10.

It's no more spoiler-y than most trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So the 4 horsemen are Angel, Psylocke, Magento and....?

Anyone spot it?

If you consider the most recent Batman vs Superman as being an 8 or a 9/10, then this, for me, would be a 5 or 6/10.

It's no more spoiler-y than most trailers.

I didn't watch the BvS trailer, as everyone said it gives away the whole plot. I haven't watched any of the star wars trailers either.

I wish someone would make a youtube channel, or similar, that rated how spoilery trailers are.

I didn't watch the BvS trailer, as everyone said it gives away the whole plot. I haven't watched any of the star wars trailers either.

I wish someone would make a youtube channel, or similar, that rated how spoilery trailers are.

What was the last trailer you watched? For any movie.

Edit: And how spoiler-y would you say it is, out of 10? To get a benchmark. We'll say that most recent BvS trailer is on the higher end, at 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Oh wow, i just watched that in HD on the big screen... Goosebumps!

I would have preferred Apocalypse to be a lot more physically imposing though! I'm thinking Tom Hardy Bane size under that armour at the very least. Thats a little bit of a let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭hotshots85

Yeah I think his voice is a let down too, call me old fashioned but I was expecting the booming, "I am a god!" type voice. Reminds me more of Luke Goss in that Blade film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pter wrote: »
    So the 4 horsemen are Angel, Psylocke, Magento and....?

Anyone spot it?

Storm

Looks decent tbh

What was the last trailer you watched? For any movie.

Edit: And how spoiler-y would you say it is, out of 10? To get a benchmark. We'll say that most recent BvS trailer is on the higher end, at 10/10.

I won't watch trailers for movies that Im know Il definitely see anyway. But I love a well constructed teaser trailer, those can really hit the spot. The turning point for me was Terminator Genisis, I think most of us were disappointed in that movie, but what would it have been like if we didn't know the twist from the trailer? It could have been a real wtf moment in the cinema, but that was taken from me. So id give that trailer a 10/10 for spoilers.

The last trailer I watched was yesterdays Turtles one. Id give it a 6.5/10 for spoilers, it gave us most of the characters, but didn't really give us too much of the plot. Iv tried to piece it together, I guess the Turtles figure out that Baxter Stockman has some mutagen, track him down, he's used it to create Bebop and Rocksteady, the Shredders hanging around too, maybe dimension X and Krang. But I don't know what anyones motivation is, or what the stakes are, if any.

Although its a kids movie, and I could take an educated guess as to how things pan out, the trailer hasn't told me.

This is what, in my opinion, a good teaser looks like...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It looks good, although I remain unconvinced about Apocalypse's look. I'm sure it will be better in context and from seeing it more, but he looks kind of.....plasticy? I do think Marvel needs to get a villain of this scale right because it's been their big weakness in their films so far, their portrayal of villains or lack of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Corholio wrote: »
    It looks good, although I remain unconvinced about Apocalypse's look. I'm sure it will be better in context and from seeing it more, but he looks kind of.....plasticy? I do think Marvel needs to get a villain of this scale right because it's been their big weakness in their films so far, their portrayal of villains or lack of it.

I think X-Men is Fox not Marvel.

Oscar Isaacs can be extremely visually imposing though. Check him out in Ex Machina, he's pretty built in that. Honestly I don't mind if he is normal human size, because it'll make the moments he grows just that more visually striking. While his voice is definitely not there, Isaacs is great at acting unhinged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭warpdrive

It is Fox

X-Men has benefited from having fantastic villains in the source and the movies casting them perfectly (Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are fantastic Magnetos and Kevin Bacon was great in :First Class), with also directors that, by and large (ignoring Last Stand, because DoFP made that not happen any more) know how to handle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ah X-Men. I feel these movies have always taken a more modest approach, and it's worked to their advantage.
    Good trailer teases without giving away major plot points.

I think the X-Men have always benefited from avoiding that prolonged 3rd act of destruction as well.
    All of them have ended in somewhat isolated areas. Not saying moving the Golden Gate Bridge or a baseball stadium wasn't destruction, but it wasn't this monotonous onslaught of nameless buildings getting torn down just for spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gallery-1449849932-screen-shot-2015-12-11-at-145247.jpg

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah ya, bit of a blonde moment there :pac:

Think I'm worn down by so much Marvel stuff. But yes X-Men films have handled villains a lot better than Marvel have with their films. I think Singer is good at getting across why villains feel they have reasons to do the things they do, it can be a bit weak or mishandled with Marvel.

Advertisement