Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Apocalypse

Options
  • 23-09-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭

Bryan Singer has officially been confirmed as director

Gambit and Apocalypse to feature, Channing Tatum is to play Gambit so who would you like to see play En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse?

Arnold Vosloo or Mark Strong would be my choices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Make him CGI and have James Earl Jones voice him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If it did happen to come down to a choice between the two then I'd certainly hope they would choose Mark Strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Because they're both bald?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The original cast won't be returning either it seems, most or all will be recast.

Apocalypse is gonna be a tough, tough casting. Villains have been Marvel's weak point so far and there's very few more important villains or characters generally than Apocalypse. If they do go the CGI route it's gonna have to be very good. Thanos got away with space being pretty dark and his screentime being quite short in Guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Corholio wrote: »
    The original cast won't be returning either it seems, most or all will be recast.

Apocalypse is gonna be a tough, tough casting. Villains have been Marvel's weak point so far and there's very few more important villains or characters generally than Apocalypse. If they do go the CGI route it's gonna have to be very good. Thanos got away with space being pretty dark and his screentime being quite short in Guardians.

This is done by Fox not Marvel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bit of a shout here but Billy Crudup would be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hellboy to play Apocalypse for me Ron Perlman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭macslash

Where does it say this?

macslash wrote: »
    Where does it say this?

Simon Kinsberg did a Q&A on Yahoo.

"If we included some of the original X-Men like Storm and Jean and Scott and other in Apocalypse, yeah we'd have to recast them, as Apocalypse takes place a good twenty years before [the first] X-Men, which was now, insanely, a good ten to fifteen years ago.

"It would be really hard to do. Halle (Berry) and Famke (Janssen) and Jimmy (Marsden) and others have done such wonderful jobs of bringing those parts to life, and are so identified with those parts now. So it would be a tall task. But I also would have said before First Class that there would be no actors who can stand alongside Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Simon Kinsberg did a Q&A on Yahoo.

"If we included some of the original X-Men like Storm and Jean and Scott and other in Apocalypse, yeah we'd have to recast them, as Apocalypse takes place a good twenty years before [the first] X-Men, which was now, insanely, a good ten to fifteen years ago.

"It would be really hard to do. Halle (Berry) and Famke (Janssen) and Jimmy (Marsden) and others have done such wonderful jobs of bringing those parts to life, and are so identified with those parts now. So it would be a tall task. But I also would have said before First Class that there would be no actors who can stand alongside Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart."

I'd have said they're the most easily replaceble tbh, Berry especially she's a woeful actress.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I presume that means it will be set in 90s and use McEvoy, Fassbender and co which is fine by me. The last film felt like a passing of the torch in many ways anyway. They can still have Jackman in it if they want to though i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Good choice, he's a fantastic actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Cudmore wont be returning as Colossus. Makes sense Colossus was only a student at the institute in X2.
    Thunderbird will probably join Xavier before being turned into one of the Horsemen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hard to know who would be best to play Apocalypse. But the guy will most likely have to do motion capture in order to get the appearance down.

They could go the Star Wars route and have someone play Apocalypse but have a different guy do the voice like Darth Vader. They don't even need an established actor to do that, just get some stunt guy to do motion capture and have a voice actor do the voice.

If they went for a Voice Actor I would love to see Fred Tatasciore do the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Hard to know who would be best to play Apocalypse. But the guy will most likely have to do motion capture in order to get the appearance down.

They could go the Star Wars route and have someone play Apocalypse but have a different guy do the voice like Darth Vader. They don't even need an established actor to do that, just get some stunt guy to do motion capture and have a voice actor do the voice.

If they went for a Voice Actor I would love to see Fred Tatasciore do the voice.

Oscar Isaac has already been cast as Apocalypse

oscar-isaac-bike-19sept14-04.jpg

^^^ Is he any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Riddle101 wrote: »
    ^^^ Is he any good?

He's a fantastic actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hugh Jackman in talks
    "There's still a lot unknown about that, actually," he told Josh Horowitz on The Happy Sad Podcast. "I have been speaking to the guys and I'm not at liberty to say exactly what's going on, [but] there are some very exciting things about integrating the whole X-Men world, including the Wolverine movie. There are some really cool things going on."

• Advertisement

Hard to believe Hugh Jackman not reprising the role of Wolverine anyway. I mean not that i'm a big fan of Jackman or anything, but he's the freaking Wolverine!!!!

Bryan Singer has announced that Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp and Tye Sheridan will appear in X-Men: Apocalypse.
    The trio will star as younger versions of Jean Grey, Storm and Cyclops respectively.

It is the first time the director has confirmed that the characters will be part of the upcoming X-Men movie, which were played by Famke Janssen, Halle Berry and James Marsden in their older forms.

Turner is best known for her role as Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones. Shipp recently played Aaliyah in Lifetime biopic Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, while Sheridan is best known for movies The Tree of Life and Mud.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a623697/sophie-turner-alexandra-shipp-and-tye-sheridan-join-x-men-apocalypse.html#~p2edPhj0mtPL4w

Singer has released some interesting concept art from X-Men Apocalypse

It's possible that it is hinting at
    Ship
    which in itself would be interesting because of the obvious
    Celestials
    link. Perhaps FOX and Marvel jointly own rights to them as they were mentioned and shown in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Apocalypse_Insta.png

Ben Hardy (Eastenders Peter Beale) is cast in unspecified role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

X-men my hole.

X-men my hole.

Wolverine in your hole or is it Warpath? Or Psylocke? You must elaborate. Such insight has me fascinated for more things that you put in your hole. Oh spread your wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Northstar?

X-men my hole.

Ye I spotted a few plotholes alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement