Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

But there is one Ricci horse to keep on the right side of. He has already won three out of four bumpers in France. Connections are bullish about this horse being a Supreme Novice hurdle winner and he cost a small fortune, figures upwards of €300,000 were reported. His name? Allez Colombieres. You heard it here first.

- Pipey.[/QUOTE]

You heard it here first? It was mentioned on Page 2 of this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

[/QUOTE]You heard it here first? It was mentioned on Page 2 of this thread![/QUOTE]

By yours truly :D
    Heard a few months ago that Mullins had a french horse that would win the Supreme, didn't have a name so was presuming it was Allez

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

Sorry about that one lads, I retract my statment (didn't see the first post!) and pass on all the credit to the good Oscars Well and will remember this when Allez powers up the hill in March !!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Mullins/Ricci think Annie Power is too valuable to risk chasing. Will never jump a fence you can be sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

This is second hand info* The owners of UDS believe they are Arkle bound and have had chunky bets on, apparently only injury will rule this out.

Just on this, they were also promised a run in the irish champion and champion hurdle last season, which didn't happen and they had backed anti post.The french races were some kind of compensation.

My info is second hand but accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

This is second hand info* The owners of UDS believe they are Arkle bound and have had chunky bets on, apparently only injury will rule this out.

Just on this, they were also promised a run in the irish champion and champion hurdle last season, which didn't happen and they had backed anti post.The french races were some kind of compensation.

UDS will only run on real winter ground. Pick up few handy pots whilst being kept away from Riccis. As much chance of him turning up for the Arkle as there is for the Melbourne Cup.

Andalucia wrote: »
    UDS will only run on real winter ground. Pick up few handy pots whilst being kept away from Riccis. As much chance of him turning up for the Arkle as there is for the Melbourne Cup.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but this is what the owners believe.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but this is what the owners believe.

Mullins only has eyes for RR horses these days. The other owners are only wasting their time if they don't cotton on to this. RR horses take precedence. Crumbs for other owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Maybe I'm being naive, but I always assumed that while the trainer could steer, advise, cajole, plead, it was the owners who ultimately called the shots. They pay the entry fees, they decide where a horse runs or doesn't run. Is it different with WPM? Does he require prospective owners to sign a contract giving him a bigger say in how a horse is campaigned?

I'm genuinely perplexed by this. If the owners of UDS wanted to run in the Champion last season, why didn't he run? How did Mullins and Walsh talk them out of it? And, surely, if there's a grievance there, they have the option of rehousing the horse to another stable

Maybe I'm being naive, but I always assumed that while the trainer could steer, advise, cajole, plead, it was the owners who ultimately called the shots. They pay the entry fees, they decide where a horse runs or doesn't run. Is it different with WPM? Does he require prospective owners to sign a contract giving him a bigger say in how a horse is campaigned?

I'm genuinely perplexed by this. If the owners of UDS wanted to run in the Champion last season, why didn't he run? How did Mullins and Walsh talk them out of it? And, surely, if there's a grievance there, they have the option of rehousing the horse to another stable

You are not naive sir, but i fear the owners of UDS are. + willy and ruby have been calling the shots up to now, this is a fact. The carrot now is ruby telling them how he is smashing everything at home and won't be touched in the Arkle.

Take everything aside i just really want to see the horse against Grp1 company either hurdle or fence(hurdle hopefully), he has so much talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Should be good. The JN Wine chase at Down Royal signals the start of NH Hunt season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Really disappointing if he goes chasing that we never seen him tested over hurdles. He looks perfect for the Champion Hurdle he has a serious engine and jumps well.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really disappointing if he goes chasing that we never seen him tested over hurdles. He looks perfect for the Champion Hurdle he has a serious engine and jumps well.

Its all about Ruby. Need to keep him happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    Rich Ricci has outlined that Faugheen is to stay over hurdles, Vatour might go novice chasing but Annie Power should stay over the smaller obstacle. Champagne Fever will be aimed at both the Queen Mother and Gold Cup with a possible tilt at the King George with him. The exciting Pont Alexandre is back from his long injury and will go chasing as well.

But there is one Ricci horse to keep on the right side of. He has already won three out of four bumpers in France. Connections are bullish about this horse being a Supreme Novice hurdle winner and he cost a small fortune, figures upwards of €300,000 were reported. His name? Allez Colombieres. You heard it here first.

- Pipey.

Vautour seemingly confirmed to go chasing by Gary O'Brien. I'll have to get a few bob on him to win the Arkle and Faugheen for the champion then! Cue Vautour to go for the JLT no doubt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Yep Vautour to go chasing. normally the route for supreme winners is the champion hurdle so interesting to see how he does. http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=548614&lid=&raceid=&title=Vautour+goes+chasing&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Thu

Mullin's record with chasers wouldn't fill you with confidence what is it 7 or 8 years since a winner at Cheltenham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Mullin's record with chasers wouldn't fill you with confidence what is it 7 or 8 years since a winner at Cheltenham.

Tbf he had two close misses this year in the Arkle and Gold Cup

Tbf he had two close misses this year in the Arkle and Gold Cup

Fair point what i would like to see

Champion Hurdle Un De Sceaux
    World Hurdle Faugheen
    Mares Glens Melody

Arkle Vatour
    Annie Power Gold Cup

Not disagreeing with your information but Mullins said today that Vautour will go chasing & the only race for him is the Arkle. Hard to see Mullins pitting them against eachother. Although I would love to see it I can't see it happening.

Not disagreeing with your information but Mullins said today that Vautour will go chasing & the only race for him is the Arkle. Hard to see Mullins pitting them against eachother. Although I would love to see it I can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

You are not naive sir, but i fear the owners of UDS are. + willy and ruby have been calling the shots up to now, this is a fact. The carrot now is ruby telling them how he is smashing everything at home and won't be touched in the Arkle.

Take everything aside i just really want to see the horse against Grp1 company either hurdle or fence(hurdle hopefully), he has so much talent.

You've gone from second hand info, to accurate second hand info, to fact.
    Therefore, I can only conclude that your information has zero substance.

Can you please indicate who it is that has spilt the beans about this great conspiracy against the owners of UDS?
    Can you also please tell me what the evil overlords Ruby and Willie have gained from this great coup?

only1stevo wrote: »
    You've gone from second hand info, to accurate second hand info, to fact.
    Therefore, I can only conclude that your information has zero substance.

Can you please indicate who it is that has spilt the beans about this great conspiracy against the owners of UDS?
    Can you also please tell me what the evil overlords Ruby and Willie have gained from this great coup?

I will obviously ignore your first paragraph and the retarded undertone of the second.

A mutual friend of the owners who relayed the plans they had for the horse last season which obviously didn't happen. Now he has relayed this seasons plan after the owners latest with the yard which Ruby told them that nothing in the yard can touch him. As far as they are concerned they are Arkle bound and have put there money down.

I will leave conspiracy and coup talk to your goodself.

I will obviously ignore your first paragraph and the retarded undertone of the second.

A mutual friend of the owners who relayed the plans they had for the horse last season which obviously didn't happen. Now he has relayed this seasons plan after the owners latest with the yard which Ruby told them that nothing in the yard can touch him. As far as they are concerned they are Arkle bound and have put there money down.

I will leave conspiracy and coup talk to your goodself.

Make up your mind though? Is it fact or is it fact?

On the off chance that your friend exists, did you get a chance to ask him what the reasoning behind UDSs non appearances last season were?
    And why the owner is still with Mullins seen as they were conned into placing big ante post bets on their boy after being 'promised a run'?

He is 7/1 for the Arkle if he turns up on the day he won't be much shorter it would be complete madness to back him at 7/1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Well looks like Vautour is very likely Arkle bound judging by Mullins' comments today so where that leaves UDS is hard to know. Odd Mullins talked about so many of his stable stars today but no mention at all of UDS unless I missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Back In Focus won the 4 miler in 2013. Boston Bob desperately unfortunate that year also.

Sir Des Champs and Cooldine too.

A record I'm sure he's mad to improve though, plenty of ammunition this year so we shall see.

only1stevo wrote: »
    Make up your mind though? Is it fact or is it fact?

On the off chance that your friend exists, did you get a chance to ask him what the reasoning behind UDSs non appearances last season were?
    And why the owner is still with Mullins seen as they were conned into placing big ante post bets on their boy after being 'promised a run'?

I have better things to do than make up friends and talk about it on the internet, last season they were not happy about not running in the champion hurdle and france was some kind of consolation. I don't know the exact reason they were given but i will try and find out.

Just so you know i'm only passing on what i have been told from a mutual friend, personally i would like to see him hurdling this season and have a crack at the champion hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

He is 7/1 for the Arkle if he turns up on the day he won't be much shorter it would be complete madness to back him at 7/1 now

Given a decent novice campaign he would be much shorter than 7s on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

If any horse is getting a raw deal this year in Champion Hurdle terms it is the standout two mile novice who hammered a Supreme field that will turn out to be very good imo. Personally I thought Vautour had an exceptional blend of speed and stamina for a CH, not to mind his Drinmore performance was the greatest display of jumping from any two mile novice I've seen. The Arkle will be good this year, I think Josses Hill and The Tullow Tank will be two serious weapons to go chasing with.

Advertisement