Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options
  • 22-09-2014 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

Couldnt find a thread for the new season. Who's excited!?

Reading Mark Howards book with a Rich Ricci interview inside and he basically says Faugheen aim in the champ hurdle with Vautour going the arkle but also Djakadam to be aimed at the gold cup with Champagne Fever and Pont Alex and Clondaw Court being aimed at the RSA as the long term target over the season.

Hopefully Sprinter Sacre can get his crown back and be back to his old self again vs Sire de Grugy, henderson also mentioned Beat That looks to be staying over hurdles with Whisper going chasing. I really do hope We see Simonsig come back after a few injury plagued years and carry on from his novice season by going close in a king george, ryanair or gold cup.

Another one i was surprised to read by Wylie is that Briar Hill will be aimed at the world hurdle, maybe his mind might have been on chasing had he not fallen in the albert bartlett but who knows.

Anyway i can't wait for it all to begin properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

very excited! missed the chelt fest last year as I was in asia for 3 months from January. Make up for it this season. Sprinter and Simonsig coming back from injuries interest me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

madmoose wrote: »
    gold cup with Champagne Fever

was my idea of an AP bet after last season's festival but he's about half the price I'd be willing to accept
    madmoose wrote: »
    Another one i was surprised to read by Wylie is that Briar Hill will be aimed at the world hurdle, maybe his mind might have been on chasing had he not fallen in the albert bartlett but who knows.

Was thinking RSA Chase alright

Super Sunday is a week this Sunday, always marks the start of the jumps for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

If Henderson can get one of Simonsig and Sprinter Sacre back to their best, it will be an incredible achievement.
    If he can both back, it'll be miracle work!!
    Here's hoping...
    Really hope Cue Card can get back to top shape also.

With no stand outs for the GC at the moment, Curtis and O'Faoilains boy would be my early season shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Something worth bearing in mind is that the lack of rain means plans to school good horses over fences may have to be put on hold, meaning horses that might otherwise have gone novice chasing will stay over hurdles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Super Sunday is a week this Sunday, always marks the start of the jumps for me

Same here.

Looks like Rebel Fitz will take on Captain Cee Bee in the Grade 2 Hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't wait! Really looking forward to seeing the likes of Faugheen, etc... again back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Can't wait to see Holywell winning the gold cup in march;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

He's my ap bet at 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

can't wait to see More of That, some machine of a horse, hope he goes over fences, because he will surely win a Gold Cup, would fancy him even if he runs as a novice in it

Jonjo could have a great year, some very interesting horses, John O'Byrne has bought very well for JP the last few years

Willie will really have to work the magic with Champagne Fever, last few runs were dire

will be interesting to see how the season works out for Davy Russell, hasn't got a sniff of a ride for Gigginstown since the winners at Cheltenham, expect to see him joining Geraghty on the Friday and Saturday flights to the big UK meetings, because he'll be short of horses here given the current situation with the big stables here

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

more of that will be schooled over fences, most exiting horse around. freak of nature to do what he did on his 5th start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

I fancy him too. He was very impressive last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody know the plans with Apache Stronghold the rumors were he was going chasing. Can't wait to see him jump a fence I think he is special.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So is Annie Power staying over hurdles?

EDIT: FFS please don't say she's gonna aimed at Mares Hurdle :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

kfallon wrote: »
    So is Annie Power staying over hurdles?

EDIT: FFS please don't say she's gonna aimed at Mares Hurdle :rolleyes: :mad:

she will cause its a grade 1 now. :rolleyes: with mullins training her over fences its probably for the best. wouldnt trust him with a star mare over fences, smashing man to train over hurdles, horrid record over fences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

she will cause its a grade 1 now. :rolleyes:

You're not serious? Really???

Ffs, shouldn't even be a Cheltenham Festival race tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Any word on whether My Tent or Yours is staying over hurdles or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Any word on whether My Tent or Yours is staying over hurdles or not?

Not yet. In an interview with Ch4 NH joked that he was in contact with WPM and he would decide after Willie made up his own mind. Presumably it was in regards to Vautour & Faugheen.

So many great horses to look forward to this season. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know the plans with Apache Stronghold the rumors were he was going chasing. Can't wait to see him jump a fence I think he is special.

Me too, was very sweet on him after he won in Navan(iirc) on the bridle.
    Shame he didn't get to the festival but I think fences were mentioned after his last run vs Vautour.
    Hopefully he stays fit and makes it this time around.

Noel Meade has been so luckless with some of his better horses the last few years though that I'm beginning to wonder if maybe some of his training methods are the problem... I hope this is not the case and his fortunes take a turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

only1stevo wrote: »
    Me too, was very sweet on him after he won in Navan(iirc) on the bridle.
    Shame he didn't get to the festival but I think fences were mentioned after his last run vs Vautour.
    Hopefully he stays fit and makes it this time around.

Noel Meade has been so luckless with some of his better horses the last few years though that I'm beginning to wonder if maybe some of his training methods are the problem... I hope this is not the case and his fortunes take a turn.

I think he is a very good horse. He really put it up to Vautour the last day i thought he had him beat at one stage. He has a great engine and looks made for jumping fences.

Looked for him ante post for the Champion Chase but he doesn't seem to be entered. Hoping to get him at a big ante post price before he jumps a fence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I think he is a very good horse. He really put it up to Vautour the last day i thought he had him beat at one stage. He has a great engine and looks made for jumping fences.

Looked for him ante post for the Champion Chase but he doesn't seem to be entered. Hoping to get him at a big ante post price before he jumps a fence.

Save your money noel meade wont be having a cheltenham winner in march he fluke his 33/1 shot last season by luck,broken clocks and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Mullins' horses alone will be worth the watch with various options for the likes of Shaneshill, Black Herculeus, Vautour, Faugheen, Champagne Fever, Un Atout, Briar Hill, Annie Power, Pont Alexandre, Artic Fire, Sir Des Champs, Sanctuaire, Moyle Park, Clondaw Court, Tell us More, Un de Sceaux, Boston Bon, On His Own, Totally Dominant, Union Dues etc. Hurricane Fly as well!

And that's before he gets his new bunch of unkown French Recruits in!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Mullins' horses alone will be worth the watch with various options for the likes of Shaneshill, Black Herculeus, Vautour, Faugheen, Champagne Fever, Un Atout, Briar Hill, Annie Power, Pont Alexandre, Artic Fire, Sir Des Champs, Sanctuaire, Moyle Park, Clondaw Court, Tell us More, Un de Sceaux, Boston Bon, On His Own, Totally Dominant, Union Dues etc. Hurricane Fly as well!

Sanctuaire is died last season on the gallops

You've forgotten a few btw way too many novice chaser he wil be running 3 in every novice chase all season few more,Abysial,Valseur Lido,renneti,sizing tennesse,turnandgo and a plenty more crazy talent

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Sanctuaire is died last season on the gallops

You've forgotten a few btw way too many novice chaser he wil be running 3 in every novice chase all season few more,Abysial,Valseur Lido,renneti,sizing tennesse,turnandgo and a plenty more crazy talent

Ah yeah sorry forgot about Sanctuaire. I didnt forget a few I literally rattled off the main ones in my head! Some array of talent :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Hope to see Boston Bob taking in all the big staying chases this winter. He was finally getting his act together last back end and it is not a very strong division at the moment.

Rennetti was actually one I thought was flying a small bit under the radar last year and I was looking forward to landing a bit of a touch on him. He had good form behind the Tullow Tank in his first grade 1 and then should have won at Limerick the next time as he fell with the race at his mercy. I had him backed ante post (at NRNB stage) for everything he was entered at Cheltenham but he never pitched up. Backed him then at Punchestown before he refused to race. He certainly is a character but has the ability if he shows it this year, he could win something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Rennetti was actually one I thought was flying a small bit under the radar last year and I was looking forward to landing a bit of a touch on him. He had good form behind the Tullow Tank in his first grade 1 and then should have won at Limerick the next time as he fell with the race at his mercy. I had him backed ante post (at NRNB stage) for everything he was entered at Cheltenham but he never pitched up. Backed him then at Punchestown before he refused to race. He certainly is a character but has the ability if he shows it this year, he could win something decent.
    Put this horse into your trackers. It either wins the next race or the one after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Allez Colombieres is his I think, second or third fav in the Supreme. Won a hot race in France, meant to be a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think Willie Mullins will be cleaning up (in Ireland at least) this year.

Put this horse into your trackers. It either wins the next race or the one after that.

He's etched in there already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

interesting to see if Sir Des Champs is the same horse when he returns

Advertisement