Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Vigil's owner is a big punter too

Robbie Mc put him up for the Bumper on the final furlong podcast a few weeks ago. Did I not hear Weld say he was a real soft ground horse though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Well lads, after 2 seasons of bickering about the merit of his form on here, we're finally going to see what the beast UDS is made of against quality in Gilgamboa and Clarcam this Sunday. I'm confident/hopeful he'll live up to expectations and fully justify my 22/1 about him for 2014 Champion Hurdle, lol

UDS is a beast and will hammer that pair, they won't see which way he went. I took 70s about the Champion before his first chase, just incase. Shame this race is before the bookies go NRNB I would be going mental backing him and ante post Mullins is crazy stuff altogether.

UDS reminds me so much of Sprinter and Simonsig and racing needs a new superstar chaser with the sad question marks over those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Going for a long shot trixie today on my good old pal dennis hogans pair.

Luke's benefit in the 3rd last at Ayr and Missie ella in the last
    Getabuzz in the c3 hurdle at Catterick

30euro trixie returns around 30k

Today is moneybags day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Had my first bet for the festival. Think Un Temps Pour Tout was a really promising novice and took 20/1 for the World before he runs in what isn't the strongest looking Cleeve. He'll probably need the run but the World is wide open and thought 20/1 was a bit too big.

Gonna have another score on this fella today. If anyone has time watch his absolute demolition job on the 158 rated Cole Harden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gonna have another score on this fella today. If anyone has time watch his absolute demolition job on the 158 rated Cole Harden.

Ye, was gonna post that. Only thing was that run was on very soft ground. Any worries about better ground for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Voyage a new York 12.40

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Had my first bet for the festival. Think Un Temps Pour Tout was a really promising novice and took 20/1 for the World before he runs in what isn't the strongest looking Cleeve. He'll probably need the run but the World is wide open and thought 20/1 was a bit too big.

Agree think he could go off much shorter. Had taken some of the 20s last week after it was put up in the sporting life as I thought it might shorten.

May go in again before saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Must look at Un Temps so, Cole Harden is a decent yardstick for the stayers.

He will have to be some tool to beat More of That and ROR.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

what's people's opinion on Tell Us More for the Neptune?

Watched his last race back there and he jumped very impressively and had to do all the donkey work out in front, 10/1 for the Neptune seems big IMO...anyone know what his plan is? will he run again before the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

what's people's opinion on Tell Us More for the Neptune?

Watched his last race back there and he jumped very impressively and had to do all the donkey work out in front, 10/1 for the Neptune seems big IMO...anyone know what his plan is? will he run again before the festival?

Have backed him at 20s and while as you say he jumped lovely and travelled like a good one last time, I was disappointed in how he fared in his first real battle. He will line up in Neptune though and the better ground plus his jumping should make him competitive at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Imagine backing a tom segal horse at Cheltenham and disregarding what has been posted here you need to give up racing.I rate some of the the most intelligent people are posting here way beyond segal.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Big bet tomorrow on Monksland. Hopefully wins this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

3 nice races tomorrow in Leopardstown, should be very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Anyone on here know anything about the Mullins horse Suntieup? Looked a really decent stayer in last years 4 miler but hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A horse i have been waiting to see all season runs today in the bumper in Bangor and 21/20 looks massive for Malaher Lad.

Won his point to point finishing ahead of Belshill and Bordini both leading contenders for the Champion Bumper.

On McCain's stable tour on the morning line they asked Wilson Rennick about him and he said either aeroplane or machine i can't fully remember.

I have taken a small nibble on Saturday at 33/1 for the Champion Bumper he will shorten significantly if he wins well today.

The only problem is DONALD MCCAIN.

Well then the 39/20 (opened @ 5/2) may be big on him tomorrow in the Newcastle bumper, up against an pretty unknown Ferguson horse who is gone is as even money favourite, a brother to a Listed-placed Flat winner and AP in the saddle so bookies taking no chances.

2 horse race judging by betting but at the prices you'd gotta slide with Mahler Lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I think Mahler Lad is being hyped up a lot judged on his Point To Point win. Granted, he beat two good horses in Bellshill and Bordoni who have franked the form strongly but surely people must be scratching their heads wondering why two very prominent owners with big cheque books in the Wylies and Riccis picked up the 2nd and 3rd respectively to send to the Mullins yard and they didn't want the winner. Says an awful lot to me and you've got to expect that Colin Bowe had Mahler Lad very forward.

I think he'll be beaten tomorrow comfortably and won't be anywhere near as good as his P2P form suggests. Happy to hold up my hands if I'm wrong.

rossom wrote: »
    I think Mahler Lad is being hyped up a lot judged on his Point To Point win. Granted, he beat two good horses in Bellshill and Bordoni who have franked the form strongly but surely people must be scratching their heads wondering why two very prominent owners with big cheque books in the Wylies and Riccis picked up the 2nd and 3rd respectively to send to the Mullins yard and they didn't want the winner. Says an awful lot to me and you've got to expect that Colin Bowe had Mahler Lad very forward.

I think he'll be beaten tomorrow comfortably and won't be anywhere near as good as his P2P form suggests. Happy to hold up my hands if I'm wrong.

The few from Mullins yard said the same when I asked weeks back about that PTP race. Bordini made a mistake at the last which cost him the race.

Mullins and Co. know what they want and what to buy.

Mahler Lad is a bigger price than I taught tomorrow seeing as a few taught near evens was big the last day before meeting was called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

shmeee wrote: »
    The few from Mullins yard said the same when I asked weeks back about that PTP race. Bordini made a mistake at the last which cost him the race.

Mahler Lad is a bigger price than I taught tomorrow seeing as a few taught near evens was big the last day before meeting was called off.

Can't remember the strength of the race that he was due to run in the last day but you have to imagine that there wasn't a decently bred Ferguson horse in the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Bit of a money early doors for Captain Chaos 14's into 4's, in the same race

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

shmeee wrote: »

Did you watch the race Malaher lad walked through the last also but stayed on stronger.

I backed him at 33/1 to win before the last day when he was in a poor race. If he won well he would have shortened and could have been layed. But ye he looks to be facing a decent sort today.

• Advertisement

razorhead wrote: »
    Bit of a money early doors for Captain Chaos 14's into 4's, in the same race

Just seen that. 6k purchase and hammered in market. Opened @ 20/1 with Powers! :eek:

Mahler Lad just shy of 3s now.

Malahar Lad has a bit of a feel of Konig Dox about him taking a walk in the maket on debut.

Why anyone would spend big money and send a horse to McCain is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Another thing worth noting is that the race Mahler Lad won was 3 miles, I couldnt ever put a bet on a Donald McCain horse, he's never straighforward!!

Stacksey wrote: »
    Another thing worth noting is that the race Mahler Lad won was 3 miles, I couldnt ever put a bet on a Donald McCain horse, he's never straighforward!!

When they done the yard preview Rennick said he was an aeroplane and couldn't stop smiling.

Obviously p2p is different but he had two good horses behind him. My big worry is McCain.

I have had a tenner at 33/1 if he wins well today he will shorten significantly which you can then lay or leave it run at 33/1.

If he loses im down a tenner he could be all hype, but he also could hack up today and give me a great price for Cheltenham.

Stacksey wrote: »

Another thing to note is the race that Bordini and Belshill were in was also 3miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

McCain on fire today! 3from 3 and Mahler Lad now 6/5 after the fav being pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

McCain 3/3 @ Newcastle so far...

Snap!

mr.jingle wrote: »
    McCain on fire today! 3from 3 and Mahler Lad now 6/5 after the fav being pulled.

5/6 on the show. Only the gamble to beat by looks of it so now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

He actually drifted out to 11/2 at one stage before the withdrawal

• Advertisement

mr.jingle wrote: »
    He actually drifted out to 11/2 at one stage before the withdrawal

I'll have a bet on him w/o Mahler Lad @ 15/8 for interest. Mahler Lad gone too short.

Advertisement