Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A horse i have been waiting to see all season runs today in the bumper in Bangor and 21/20 looks massive for Malaher Lad.

Won his point to point finishing ahead of Belshill and Bordini both leading contenders for the Champion Bumper.

On McCain's stable tour on the morning line they asked Wilson Rennick about him and he said either aeroplane or machine i can't fully remember.

I have taken a small nibble on Saturday at 33/1 for the Champion Bumper he will shorten significantly if he wins well today.

The only problem is DONALD MCCAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Bangor off because of frost unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A horse i have been waiting to see all season runs today in the bumper in Bangor and 21/20 looks massive for Malaher Lad.

Won his point to point finishing ahead of Belshill and Bordini both leading contenders for the Champion Bumper.

On McCain's stable tour on the morning line they asked Wilson Rennick about him and he said either aeroplane or machine i can't fully remember.

I have taken a small nibble on Saturday at 33/1 for the Champion Bumper he will shorten significantly if he wins well today.

I wouldnt back his horses with free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nuts102 wrote: »

The question I'd ask is why didn't Mullins, Ricci or JP go for this one but yet it's reported Belshill and Bordini cost more than Malaher Lad.

And It has gone to McCain also, massive negative.

And the opening price was big if as good as taught. Pity meeting called off so still a waiting job with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

shmeee wrote: »
    The question I'd ask is why didn't Mullins, Ricci or JP go for this one but yet it's reported Belshill and Bordini cost more than Malaher Lad.

And It has gone to McCain also, massive negative.

And the opening price was big if as good as taught. Pity meeting called off so still a waiting job with him.

Have a look for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I wouldnt back his horses with free money.

Had a few on him for bumper, he can get some right for Chel

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

the placed horses will turn out to be the better horses from that pt to pt race.

Bellshill and Bordini both made mistakes which cost them any chance of winning, Mahler Lad just stayed on the best after that

The pt to pt scene will get some shock when Leslie stops signing cheques for McCain to waste his cash on these pt winners, apart from Peddlers Cross, he hasn't bought one decent horse - and once Maguire gets a few slaps into them trying to win any mickey mouse race, they're ruined for all time

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Shemale wrote: »
    Had a few on him for bumper, he can get some right for Chel

where he is no even listed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Whats the latest on Sir des Champs and Flemenstar?

Andalucia wrote: »

Bellshill and Bordini both made mistakes which cost them any chance of winning, Mahler Lad just stayed on the best after that

He was hardly foot perfect at the last two either. I think he is worth a play at the prices.

• Advertisement

where he is no even listed yet.

Bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Whats the latest on Sir des Champs and Flemenstar?

Sir Des Champs had another setback, might make Punchestown but I wouldn't be hopeful of it. Not sure about Flemenstar.

Johner wrote: »

I have watched that before I backed Belshill for the champion before he ran at Thurles to see what I was getting involved with. The bumper is wide open this year. And my bet on Belshill may be a non runner now by sounds of things.

When Mullins doesn't go for the winner, you gotta ask questions in all fairness!

Shemale wrote: »
    Bet 365

A few firms priced him up

248c5fd1f5c7ae9522e7bbc3ee8fd583.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,444 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Think that anyone backing Champion Bumper at this stage needs their head examining. I was at this capper for years but said never again last year after I was promised Vigil would be a contendor, only to see the stable mate come home. Unless you have inside information its impossible to see an edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Interesting Jonathan England takes the ride on work boy in the 1.40 at wetherby today as opposed to the Sue smith horse. Currently trading at 33-1 and as a course and distance winner is well below his last winning mark

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Backing a horse for the champion bumper on the back of a point win when now trained by DMC is madness. Was trained by Colin bowe as well so you can be sure he was primed to the minute for that day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I see Long Run has been ruled out for the season: http://www.irish-racing.com/news?prid=107369&headline=Long-Run-out-for-season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Think The Job is Right looks nicely weighted and prepped for the Thyestes on Thursday. Very good effort to fend off As De Ferbet on New Years Day less than a week after running a great race in the Paddy Power at Leopardstown. Foxrock has since franked the form of that race nicely.
    This one's always been earmarked as a staying chaser and I'd imagine will get every yard in the mud on Thursday.
    Happy enough to take 12s, once he's a confirmed runner.. hard to know which way the money will go but there's bound to be a McManus/Martin/Gigginstown gamble so might get bigger on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Ive already backed the job is right for the 4miler at 20/1 so hope he goes well thurs.

madmoose wrote: »
    Ive already backed the job is right for the 4miler at 20/1 so hope he goes well thurs.

Yeah I remember Hourigan was considering going straight for the 4 miler last year but the horse would obviously be far better equipped this time around.
    Some of his best hurdle form is on better ground so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue come March.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Will be interesting to see the final decs for the bumper at Gowran on Thursday when they are finalised tomorrow......looking forward to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Well lads, after 2 seasons of bickering about the merit of his form on here, we're finally going to see what the beast UDS is made of against quality in Gilgamboa and Clarcam this Sunday. I'm confident/hopeful he'll live up to expectations and fully justify my 22/1 about him for 2014 Champion Hurdle, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Meath Centre Forward

I don't see what's wrong with backing a horse for the Bumper now. Yeah there are loads of unknowns but to be honest, come the day of the race, there are still loads of unknowns. If you've been impressed by one, then no reason not to back it. For me, Supasundae is very well related to several Group 1 winners of John Gosden's on the flat and smashed a fair few previous winners to pieces at Ascot. I hear he's with Henry De Bromhead now and he's said he's training him for the race. He's bred for the flat fair enough but he looks a horse for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Had my first bet for the festival. Think Un Temps Pour Tout was a really promising novice and took 20/1 for the World before he runs in what isn't the strongest looking Cleeve. He'll probably need the run but the World is wide open and thought 20/1 was a bit too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

How many bets will people on here have before the festival? Myself, I try to stay clear from all ante post betting unless I have a very good reason to do so. Too many variables for my wee brain to deal with to be backing ante post.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Well lads, after 2 seasons of bickering about the merit of his form on here, we're finally going to see what the beast UDS is made of against quality in Gilgamboa and Clarcam this Sunday. I'm confident/hopeful he'll live up to expectations and fully justify my 22/1 about him for 2014 Champion Hurdle, lol

Indeed! A big race for the forum...

If he demolishes the field I think I'll admit they should have gone for the Champion Hurdle...:pac:

Think that anyone backing Champion Bumper at this stage needs their head examining. I was at this capper for years but said never again last year after I was promised Vigil would be a contendor, only to see the stable mate come home. Unless you have inside information its impossible to see an edge.
    Backing a horse for the champion bumper on the back of a point win when now trained by DMC is madness. Was trained by Colin bowe as well so you can be sure he was primed to the minute for that day.

It's ok lads I only have €5 on him, could be quick €165 or a minor minor minor loss. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

You'd swear there was something funny going on and that the bigger priced horse couldn't win from the same stable, Vigil was the big plunge of the race so he was obviously fancied.

Advertisement