Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know whatever happened to Moyle Park. He was a leading contender for the Supreme last year before disappointing and it was said something was up that day. Just a but surprised he has not been seen this season unless he is injured.

Very surprised he hasn't been seen either. They put him away last season after a small injury and Ruby said a few months ago he was looking a million dollars. Not a clue what's going on with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

A horse I like the look of is Sego Success from the Alan King yard, won a nice novice chase on Saturday at Warwick, what impressed me was he really stuck to his task well even tho his jumping wasn't fluent. Wonder will he head to the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Gringo180 wrote: »
    A horse I like the look of is Sego Success from the Alan King yard, won a nice novice chase on Saturday at Warwick, what impressed me was he really stuck to his task well even tho his jumping wasn't fluent. Wonder will he head to the festival.

King said he looked the right type for the 4miler

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

SS worth a bet at 7/4 saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

SS worth a bet at 7/4 saturday?

He's drifted from odds on to that which usually only means one thing with Henderson. Will sadly be pulled I'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He's drifted from odds on to that which usually only means one thing with Henderson. Will sadly be pulled I'd guess.

Took 7/4 Dodging Bullets before it goes Nrnb. Would love to see him but sadly its not looking good for the two best chasers in training

Shemale wrote: »
    Took 7/4 Dodging Bullets before it goes Nrnb. Would love to see him but sadly its not looking good for the two best chasers in training

Sprinter will race again, ground allowing. Simonsig won't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Thought as much alright, Heard Nicky on the radio saying that going to Cheltenham is pretty much dependant on him winning Sat. Might not see him at all this season now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Thought as much alright, Heard Nicky on the radio saying that going to Cheltenham is pretty much dependant on him winning Sat. Might not see him at all this season now?

Said last night if he doesn't make Saturday, which is looking likely because of the ground, then he'll go for the Game Spirit at Newbury and if the ground is too soft there as well he will miss it. He also ruled out going straight to Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Out to 2/1 now. Unreal really.

• Advertisement

Out to 2/1 now. Unreal really.

At his best he is a 1/12 shot. Huge risk backing him, that drift would put me off.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    At his best he is a 1/12 shot. Huge risk backing him, that drift would put me off.

Wouldn't touch him. And people backing him into 7/4 from 4/1 after a spin around a race track are crazy

Denman2008 wrote: »
    King said he looked the right type for the 4miler

I agree. He looks a real national horse too.

Wouldn't touch him. And people backing him into 7/4 from 4/1 after a spin around a race track are crazy

Surely a lot of that was due to NRNB and the presumption that he only turns up if right, and if so obviously wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Surely a lot of that was due to NRNB and the presumption that he only turns up if right, and if so obviously wins.

No sure he's best price 2/1 with Hills now and they haven't gone NRNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

That was just the bookies running scared to be fair. It wasnt from people backing him after a gallop. I wouldnt think so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody here anything about Red Sherlock this season. He looked top class last season until he tried to stalk Faugheen in the Neptune and paid the price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Anybody here anything about Red Sherlock this season. He looked top class last season until he tried to stalk Faugheen in the Neptune and paid the price.
    Seen something the other day that Pipe said hes out for the season

Here's the link
    http://www1.skysports.com/racing/news/12040/9642833/david-pipe-rules-the-smart-red-sherlock-out-for-the-season

Just looking there and Champagne Fever is as low as 6/1 for the Champion.

Surely I can't be the only one to think this fella must be one of the most over rated horses in training??? Looks exposed as being just below top class to me yet is fancied and backed wherever he goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Surely I can't be the only one to think this fella must be one of the most over rated horses in training??? Looks exposed as being just below top class to me yet is fancied and backed wherever he goes

He has an exceptional Festival record. I agree he is awfully overrated though. With SS not exactly sparkling today and doubts over Sire de Grugy he would have an each way shout. Not my kind of bet though

• Advertisement

Yea, CF cannot be trusted but he's got a sexy profile and connections when it comes to the festival and bookies/pr reps seem to hype this up when pricing him. What was your take on Sprinter today?

Three years at Cheltenham wins the Champion Bumper, Supreme Novices and runner up in the Arkle.

Their are doubts about the top two in the betting and besides them it is a very average renewal is it really any surprise he is 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Three years at Cheltenham wins the Champion Bumper, Supreme Novices and runner up in the Arkle.

Their are doubts about the top two in the betting and besides them it is a very average renewal is it really any surprise he is 6/1.

6/1 is probably about right, maybe a point or two short but that applies to most horses are in the antepost markets are these days. Dodging Bullets is ahead of him in the market yet they have met twice over two miles at Cheltenham and CF has finished ahead of him both times.

A horse who has only won 2/7 starts over fences, favourite in all bar one of them, would have to be viewed as overrated. I know he was unlucky in the Arkle but on reflection it was hardly the strongest of races. DB was not the same horse then as he is now (and may still prove to be a Spring flop anyway) while Western Warhorse was walloped by Uxiandre at Aintree after. In fact, from 18 runs in his life (in P2P), Champagne Fever has been a beaten favourite 8 times. Regardless of his festival form, 6/1 in a Championship race for a horse with such stats is not value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

All down to his Cheltenham record. I would expect Sprinter, Uxizandre and Dodging Bullets to finish ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

I'd be on the other side of this argument completely.
    Front running Champion Bumper winner, beats subsequent champion hurdle 1st and 2nd in the supreme front running, was in the top 2 swinging around the bend in the king george over a trip he doesn't get and was pipped in the arkle..
    I'm not sure what more you would need to label him top class unless your comparing him to GC winning 3milers.
    He is a Cheltenham horse there's no doubting that but I wouldn't go to say he lacks class. He's my idea of the champion chase winner :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Clondaw Warrior had to be the bet tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I know Willie said today that he is trying to keep UDS and Vatour apart, however I am conviced that Ricci will want to go for the Arkle. He could potentially win the first 4 grade 1s at cheltenham if he does. Would have 3 short priced favs and a second fav. I really think that this chance to make history could make the difference as to where this horse turns up. Obviously Ruby wont want that but this year I think he might not get his way.

If I am right 8/1 is a great price. i have has a few quid at 8s already but i think i might top up. Would go off 4s on the day if he turned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I know Willie said today that he is trying to keep UDS and Vatour apart, however I am conviced that Ricci will want to go for the Arkle. He could potentially win the first 4 grade 1s at cheltenham if he does. Would have 3 short priced favs and a second fav. I really think that this chance to make history could make the difference as to where this horse turns up. Obviously Ruby wont want that but this year I think he might not get his way.

If I am right 8/1 is a great price. i have has a few quid at 8s already but i think i might top up. Would go off 4s on the day if he turned up.

You're clutching at straws there I'm afraud. Unless Un de Sceaux gets injured, Vautour will be going to the JLT. Ricci got his way last year with Champagne Fever in the Arkle instead of Felix Yonger and CF was very narrowly beaten of course so he had his chance last year and will continue to get chances to win Arkles in the future maybe even as soon as next year with Douvan. Ricci isn't going to fall out with Mullins and Ruby over this, he's always said that he is in the NH game to enjoy it and have fun and of course he wants to win but it's not going to be so much fun if he's fallen out with his trainer and jockey who he's also said in interviews are his friends which a former greedy, blood thirsty banker doesn't have many of these days I'd imagine. Un de Sceaux is an exciting prospect and no Felix Yonger, I think Ricci will accept that. Besides, the JLT is a Grade 1 and will be a good test to see if Vautour might go for the King George in December and be a Gold Cup horse down the line.

• Advertisement

It's going to be interesting whatever Vautour goes for he is going to be up against it. To be honest i would fancy Un De Sceaux in the Arkle and Ptit Zig looks top class in the JLT.

Advertisement