Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Hunt 14/15 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Jezki will be dangerous is Barry G rides hime again at the festival, not keen with AP on him

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Shemale wrote: »
    Could be very tempted to have a smash into Simonsig for Gold Cup at 33s. No guarantees he stays but if he does there isnt one horse in the field I would be worried about.

Are you retarded? Honestly, are you? I mean you'd have to be retarded to make a statement like that. Just utterly retarded. Retard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Relax

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Please don't insult other users. Thanks.

/mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alba Frere

AP will definitely be on Jezki and even if he got injured Geraghty would still probably have to ride Vaniteux or any other NJH runner. Funny how it worked out last year though with Geraghty winning on the two JP horses but tbh AP gets so much mainstream media attention it sort of takes away from others especially Geraghty who IMO is a better jockey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

One of the lads on the Final Furlong was talking to someone who works in Henderson's yard who said Simonsig more than likely wont be coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Seriously tho "smash" into a horse for the gold cup that hasn't ran for two years and has never ran over 3m bar a point. Let's call a spade a spade..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Ive deleted a number of posts commenting on an earlier post. This has already been dealt with by the mods and a warning posted in thread. Please do not comment on this any further. As always, if you've a problem with a post, please report it, and if you've any queries, PM a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

One of the lads on the Final Furlong was talking to someone who works in Henderson's yard who said Simonsig more than likely wont be coming back.

I hope it's the usual false talk from the yard, horse is a complete tool.

Seriously tho "smash" into a horse for the gold cup that hasn't ran for two years and has never ran over 3m bar a point. Let's call a spade a spade..

Lets call inability to read, inability to read:

"Could be very tempted"

I wasn't scared to back Go Native after almost 3 years off and lay him for a free CH bet after his Morgiana run.

Nor was I scared to back Solwhit for the World Hurdle who was off the track 2 years and hadn't ran over 3 miles before.

The entire Gold Cup field has large question marks over it, Conti looks the best but the way he wilted/ hung in the last 100 yards last year would not inspire at his price, three passed him if I remember correctly.

If he takes up an engagement to run this month or early next month, I would much rather a big play on Simonsig at 33s who could very well get the trip, all he would need was a decent return run and that price of 33s would be properly squeezed and I have the option to lay him for a free bet.

Do you think the fact he has been off for almost 2 years hasn't been factored into the price?

The horse has unbelievable ability and talent, if he comes back and gets the trip he would make a right mockery of this field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lets call inability to read, inability to read:

"Could be very tempted"

I wasn't scared to back Go Native after almost 3 years off and lay him for a free CH bet after his Morgiana run.

Nor was I scared to back Solwhit for the World Hurdle who was off the track 2 years and hadn't ran over 3 miles before.

The entire Gold Cup field has large question marks over it, Conti looks the best but the way he wilted/ hung in the last 100 yards last year would not inspire at his price, three passed him if I remember correctly.

If he takes up an engagement to run this month or early next month, I would much rather a big play on Simonsig at 33s who could very well get the trip, all he would need was a decent return run and that price of 33s would be properly squeezed and I have the option to lay him for a free bet.

Do you think the fact he has been off for almost 2 years hasn't been factored into the price?

The horse has unbelievable ability and talent, if he comes back and gets the trip he would make a right mockery of this field.

They are pretty big ifs in fairness.

kksaints wrote: »
    They are pretty big ifs in fairness.

Agreed they are big ifs, but take them out and he is a very short price for the race, the ifs are the reason he is 33/1.

Holywell is the only horse that most likely will line up that interests me, Simonsig is the one at a big price should he line up before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Agreed they are big ifs, but take them out and he is a very short price for the race, the ifs are the reason he is 33/1.

Holywell is the only horse that most likely will line up that interests me, Simonsig is the one at a big price should he line up before it.

Probably 33/1 he even turns up. 22 quid available at 120 on betfair for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Simonsig at 100% and stays the trip he will hose up.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Simonsig at 100% and stays the trip he will hose up.

At 95% he would beat the current lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

If Henderson was to get a horse to win a Gold Cup first time out after almost 2 years off the track it would be one of the greatest training feats of all time no matter how weak a renewal it is.

If Henderson was to get a horse to win a Gold Cup first time out after almost 2 years off the track it would be one of the greatest training feats of all time no matter how weak a renewal it is.

He said he is expecting him to run in January so he would have a run before Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

He said he is expecting him to run in January so he would have a run before Cheltenham.

CheltFestNews ‏@CheltFestNews Dec 27
    Simonsig will not be seen until the Cheltenham Festival at the earliest states Nicky Henderson.

PaddyPowerShops ‏@PaddyPowerShops Dec 27
    RP report Simonsig's first run this season will be at Cheltenham Festival, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

sting60 wrote: »
    The Lexus is the race for the gold cup IMO.I loved the run off Boston bob/lord windermere.I naped lord Windermere last year and he will not be out of the first three if he gets good ground but Boston bob will be very hard to beat.based on the last race hurricane fly/jezki have zero chance of winning unless the ground helps jezki.one horse stood out big big time for Cheltenham and should win .

When was this? Can you dig up the post again?

CheltFestNews ‏@CheltFestNews Dec 27
    Simonsig will not be seen until the Cheltenham Festival at the earliest states Nicky Henderson.

PaddyPowerShops ‏@PaddyPowerShops Dec 27
    RP report Simonsig's first run this season will be at Cheltenham Festival, if at all.

Thanks Klarion, missed that, gutted.

I really hope he runs this season, such a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Double Seven out for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

There's an old saying, "They never come back".

I'm still waiting for Mark Pitman's Monsignor to make his debut over fences ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Simonsig out for the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Not surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Gotta be retired surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

no surprise, probably won't see him again which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Will never run again sadly. Could have been a great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Question on Antepost, if you back a horse and the price drops after another is declared a non runner within the 48 hour declarations, would your antepost bet be subject to Rule 4?

Just googled it and read Rule 4 doesn't apply

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody know whatever happened to Moyle Park. He was a leading contender for the Supreme last year before disappointing and it was said something was up that day. Just a but surprised he has not been seen this season unless he is injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

What is the story with the Liquidator does anybody know?? Hasn't been seen all year. Thought he would make a good chaser. Certainly had the size for it

Advertisement