Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Flyer says 25th Sep.
    Anyone know when the CPW deal expires?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

A copy of the flyer is on page 12 of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Flyer says 25th Sep.

Sept 25th (thurs)

So anyone know about sky go? Weighing up now between the movie package and Multi room (with either it's same price as we are now paying with upc but both makes It dearer) . The multiroom box is only hd so no record / rewind? Also is sky go available in the package? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

murphf wrote: »
    So anyone know about sky go? Weighing up now between the movie package and Multi room (with either it's same price as we are now paying with upc but both makes It dearer) . The multiroom box is only hd so no record / rewind? Also is sky go available in the package? Is it any good?

Just asked when ordering my own and the staff member said you'd have sky go at no additional cost

• Advertisement

Ok been in and signed up thanks op! Installati

Can anyone tell me.. I have signed up for multiroom but didn't buy a hd/plus box as it was 149.. Can I buy one off joe soap on adverts? If I do can I pause, rewind and record or is that down to the subscription?

Can anyone tell me.. I have signed up for multiroom but didn't buy a hd/plus box as it was 149.. Can I buy one off joe soap on adverts? If I do can I pause, rewind and record or is that down to the subscription?

Yes you can, you will just have to get sky to marry the card to the box that you purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes you can, you will just have to get sky to marry the card to the box that you purchase.

How do you do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you do that ?
    What IH means is that anyone who buys their own multiroom box privately having subscribed for a single Sky installation only will first of all have to get the appropriate cable or cables installed, contact Sky and pay for a multiroom sub, Sky will then send a card out and then they will have to ring Sky to get the card paired with the box.

A Sky card can only work in a single Sky box, it cant be switched and changed.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    What IH means is that anyone who buys their own multiroom box privately having subscribed for a single Sky installation only will first of all have to get the appropriate cable or cables installed, contact Sky and pay for a multiroom sub, Sky will then send a card out and then they will have to ring Sky to get the card paired with the box.
    A Sky card can only work in a single Sky box, it cant be switched and changed.

I have booked and paid for multiroom but only a basic box.. So can I use this plus box with it and have the benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

How much is multi room

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kala85 wrote: »
    How much is multi room

A robbing €15 a month for 2 boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have booked and paid for multiroom but only a basic box.. So can I use this plus box with it and have the benefits?
    Well, I did that a couple of years back. I had a multiroom sub with an ordinary Sky box so I went and got a Sky+ HD box, got another cable thrown in and phoned Sky and they matched / paired the card with the new box which meant I could then record etc. I havent heard of them changing that so I dont see any reason why you cant use your own box after getting the card paired.

Yep, just ring Sky to match the 2nd card to that box. You can use the non-recording box in another room as a FTA box.

Yep, just ring Sky to match the 2nd card to that box. You can use the non-recording box in another room as a FTA box.

Fab thank you! Do they have a problem with it since they didn't sell
    It?

Fab thank you! Do they have a problem with it since they didn't sell
    It?

No, in my case a couple of years ago thats what I did & Sky had no problem with it. Just make sure its a clean box, not stolen or otherwise obtained:).

No, in my case a couple of years ago thats what I did & Sky had no problem with it. Just make sure its a clean box, not stolen or otherwise obtained:).

Great.! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭kam3qnwvebf4jh

Just a word of advice to people who signed up to the CPW offer. I ordered a week ago, got it installed on Saturday but when I went to "My Sky", the preparatory bill was to the tune of 51 euro (i.e the full amount, btw great offer to the OP who found this). I rang them up this morning and they said that the offer was still under "pending". Guy I was talking to said he would sort it out, but it maybe too late as SKY "pre-authorise" the payment 9-10 days before the bill payment date (4th Oct).
    Anyways, just a heads up for people to check, I may have just been unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

Just a word of advice to people who signed up to the CPW offer. I ordered a week ago, got it installed on Saturday but when I went to "My Sky", the preparatory bill was to the tune of 51 euro (i.e the full amount, btw great offer to the OP who found this). I rang them up this morning and they said that the offer was still under "pending". Guy I was talking to said he would sort it out, but it maybe too late as SKY "pre-authorise" the payment 9-10 days before the bill payment date (4th Oct).

Yeah, the same thing I happened with us.

• Advertisement

Are you sure there not taking part payment for September and full payment for October ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you sure there not taking part payment for September and full payment for October ?

Well even if they were, it would still work out at less than 30 euro (full payment being the 15 euro per month). Its definitely their mistake.

Well even if they were, it would still work out at less than 30 euro (full payment being the 15 euro per month). Its definitely their mistake.

Sorry I assumed you'd went for the full package.

Please keep us informed?

I am going to sign up with CPW Athlone soon, i just called them to see if i can go with the €15 per month price and still have the possibility for adding the sports for half price later in the year?

They are checking with Sky and calling me back in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭bren2001

Sent my sister into Clerys CPW on her way home for College with clear instructions. CPW staff member knew nothing of the deal at all. She got it sorted in the end, thank god. Saved me a trip into town. Installation on October 10th (UPC up on 11th).

As an update, no-one did ring me back from sky but I did receive posted documentation today confirming the full discount (variety pack for free and HD for 15) for the 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Same happened here, I rang them Saturday morning when I got the text. Was told the same as yourself, and to ring back Tuesday. Gonna call them tomorrow and see if it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just an update on this, my subscription has been updated to the correct price, however it was not applied to my current bill. So now they are going to add credit to my account so I only need to pay the expected amount this month.

This is my first time dealing with Sky, and despite this hiccup, I'm very impressed with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Just had similar thing with sky...signed up for the 33 euro a month deal via carphone warehouse....got installed yesterday and received text this morning saying bill was 87!!! Just spoke to rep there and looks like a miatake on their systems that they will have fixed in next 2 days...

• Advertisement

Just a reminder folks, this deal ends on 25th!!

Advertisement