Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Rang the sky sales team, spoke to a lovely girl called Ciara who sorted me with it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Is cpw offer still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Tomorrow is the last day. Got it today great deal. Thanks op and every one else

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

so can i just pop in to say harvey norman and buy it or do i have to have a voucher from groupon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Just pop in. Has nothing to do with Groupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

faral wrote: »
    so can i just pop in to say harvey norman and buy it or do i have to have a voucher from groupon?

Someone posted a PDF of the promotion a few posts back. If you download that and ring sky quoting the promotion they will set it all up over the phone for you.
    They will take a €10 deposit which will be taken off your 1st bill, they also require bank or card details for continuous payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Rang sky this morning and mentioned that I seen the carphone warehouse yesterday while out shopping and am interested in it. The sky rep siad he could sign me up there and then which was great.
    He did try to tell me installation was half price but I pointed out that installation was free with this offer and he said "Oh yes your right there it is €10 up front instead" and this is taken off your first bill.
    Great deal for a new dish and box installed for €180 and extra channels for a year before cancelling next year and having new dish and box to keep.
    All i have to do now is take down the old dish and box the night before and then after installation of new equipment then set up my old box in different room.
    Thanks to the poster who posted this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭SteM

Berberis wrote: »
    All i have to do now is take down the old dish and box the night before and then after installation of new equipment then set up my old box in different room.
    Thanks to the poster who posted this deal

I didn't bother taking down the old dish, just asked the installers to replace the old one with a new one. They were happy to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

SteM wrote: »
    I didn't bother taking down the old dish, just asked the installers to replace the old one with a new one. They were happy to do it.

Cheers
    I might have a think about that so. My dish is fairly low down and can be accessed from a step ladder, so there is no real great work involved in taking down myself as the bracket that was supporting it could do with replacing also.
    So if I don't get around to doing it myself I will leave it to them.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Got my misses to ring sky earlier and ask for the €15 cpw offer, they said no go and to pop into cpw and sign up there. Less than 10 mins later they called back and set it all up for her.
    I have 3 months left on my sub so looks like we have sky in the bedroom now.

Just put off the installation for a few months (obviously not telling the real reason why), no point paying for two subs and you will get the full 12 months from when it's installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Just put off the installation for a few months (obviously not telling the real reason why), no point paying for two subs and you will get the full 12 months from when it's installed.

How did you contact them, phone or email?

I'd like to do same I'd appreciate advice.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    How did you contact them, phone or email?

I'd like to do same I'd appreciate advice.

Firstly just to be clear I didn't avail of this particular deal, I got a half price deal last year which I have managed to extend.

When I rang up to get the half price deal last year I had a UPC account running and didn't want an over lap so when signing up I said that I would like to hold of installation of a while (I think I made something up about beings away on business or something). They signed me up and said it was no problem to hold off the installation and to just call back when I wanted to get it installed, it was no issue. Think I left it nearly two months between ringing up and getting it installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

We were thinking about multi room anyway so this works out well for now, thanks for the tip though as I have a friend who just put his installation off until Jan 4th, no problem.

Our HD box is old and laggy now so this deal worked out perfect for us, thanks to the poster who mentioned it.

Rang UPC to cancel, we where paying 88 a month for tv, BB and phone, told them I was going to Sky for tv......they destroyed the offer, gave us the same we have now plus 2 extra boxes and free install for 64 a month.

Sky was tv and 3 multiroom 60 euro.
    UPC BB and Phone would have been 57 without tv
    Total 117
    Now 64

I gotta cancel with Sky now :D I know Sky tv is much better but not 53 euro a month better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Hi is the cpw offer over thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Rang UPC to cancel, we where paying 88 a month for tv, BB and phone, told them I was going to Sky for tv......they destroyed the offer, gave us the same we have now plus 2 extra boxes and free install for 64 a month.

Total 117
    Now 64

I gotta cancel with Sky now :D I know Sky tv is much better but not 53 euro a month better.

But is the UPC deal for the full 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Total 117
    Now 64

UPC would have to pay me to take their TV service.

jay1988 wrote: »
    But is the UPC deal for the full 12 months?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Could i still get the cpw offer if i ring up tomorrow do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

brendan86 wrote: »
    Could i still get the cpw offer if i ring up tomorrow do you think?
    Cant see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Southernman63

Came late to this, so if someone has the cpw offer and for some reason is not using it I would be delighted to use it. Or if the Groupon offers are transferable I would buy it if the person can't use or has changed their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Came late to this, so if someone has the cpw offer and for some reason is not using it I would be delighted to use it. Or if the Groupon offers are transferable I would buy it if the person can't use or has changed their mind.

I have a spare voucher from Groupon not sure if it's transferrable I'll dig it out and check

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Hi I'd be interested too if anyone is selling a groupon voucher thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

New sky HD box all set up, just a quick question, sorry if this is a bit off topic but - are non-HD channels on sky bad or blurry?! Mine seem to be. Not sure if it's our TV (42inch Samsung) or our HDMI cable or if that's just the way it is?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    New sky HD box all set up, just a quick question, sorry if this is a bit off topic but - are non-HD channels on sky bad or blurry?! Mine seem to be. Not sure if it's our TV (42inch Samsung) or our HDMI cable or if that's just the way it is?

Could be the tv, our non HD channels look like that on a 39 inch tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Check that you are using a HDMI cable and not a scart lead and also make sure that HDMI is selected as the "source" using your tv remote.

You could also check the signal strength and quality and if its less than 50% - 60% then get the installer back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thanks for the replies lads. Signal strength is 90%, is connected through HDMI cable and source is set to HDMI. No problem with the HD channels themselves, they're excellent. It's just the non-hd ones, RTE1 and TV3 are particulary bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

No you don't have to take the Sports or Movie pack.

You can pick and mix if you like :-)

They wouldn't give it to me unless I included movies or sports :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Thanks for the replies lads. Signal strength is 90%, is connected through HDMI cable and source is set to HDMI. No problem with the HD channels themselves, they're excellent. It's just the non-hd ones, RTE1 and TV3 are particulary bad.

It's the same for me, Tv3 in particular is almost like a online stream. I haven't had live TV for a number of years, so I just put it down to that and been used to Netflix quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

any1 know if i can add movies on a month by month basis after getting the CPW deal

Advertisement