Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

muffler wrote: »
    Who were you on the phone to?

Edit/ the in store leaflet states "new customers only"
    Was talking to a member of CPW staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 garrethr

kooga wrote: »
    what do you need to show confirmation, a picture of the dish on your house?

The engineer gives you some receipt/card after its installed apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I'm an existing customer of Sky and called to see would they give me the offer without me having to go through the hassle of cancelling and getting my partner to sign up a new contract with the Groupon offer. The sky sales rep told me that when you cancel, any person at that address will not be considered a new customer for 12 months. He did offer to reduce my bill to €20pm for the basic sky package for 9 months which was perfect for me because I will more than likely go with eVision when it is available.

I possibly could have pushed for a better deal but any price reduction where I am not tied into a new contract was good enough for me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    The sky sales rep told me that when you cancel, any person at that address will not be considered a new customer for 12 months. .

Well that's tripe if I've ever heard it!

So if you sell you house, the new owner can't join Sky for a year? Yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Soarer wrote: »

Just letting everyone else know what I was told. I really couldn't care less because I don't want to be tied into a 12 month contract at the moment.

The Groupon deal is really good, but not for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi all,

I called up sky and confirmed the groupon offer today. I also mentioned to them that I had been into CPW and they were offering a free tablet and the same package. The Sky guy put me on hold and came back to say that because of the CPW deal they would waive the €69 they were going to charge me for a 3rd multiroom box.

It's worth trying to push them that bit further on the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

garrethr wrote: »
    Signed up to variety pack in CPW in Ennis. Costs €15 per month (12 mth contract) which also includes HD and free installation.
    Girl in shop said when installed by sky engineer call back with confirmation of same and I'll get free tablet.
    Great deal imo.

How long will it take for them to install, did they say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 garrethr

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    How long will it take for them to install, did they say ?

One week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers OP going to go with this, also signing up with efibre BB for 24e a month for 6months and 48e there after

So 42e a month for TV+PHONE+BB, That's not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 45,876 ✭✭✭✭muffler

campo wrote: »
    also signing up with efibre BB
    Where are you going to get fibre broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Where are you going to get fibre broadband?

With Eircom, their new efibre broadband

campo wrote: »
    With Eircom, their new efibre broadband
    Well seeing as this thread is about Sky discounted packages and you didn't mention anything about Eircom in your last post it was a tad confusing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Would it be possible to sign up through cpw and get the tablet the cancel after a month ?

viztopia wrote: »
    Would it be possible to sign up through cpw and get the tablet the cancel after a month ?

It's a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

cancled sky many years ago now and have been using the old box and dish ever since for free to air/view (always get confused about the two)
    Anyway that CPW deal looks tempting at €180 for new dish and box installed plus a few extra channels for the year then thereafter cancel and back to free to air/view.

Berberis wrote: »
    cancled sky many years ago now and have been using the old box and dish ever since for free to air/view (always get confused about the two)
    Anyway that CPW deal looks tempting at €180 for new dish and box installed plus a few extra channels for the year then thereafter cancel and back to free to air/view.

Even better is get them to set up a new tv point in your bedroom or wherever, and when yer man leaves, move the box to your main room and your freesat box to the bedroom. Then in 12 months time, you've 2 freesat systems in the house!

What's strange about the CPW offer is you don't get any discount for adding the movies unless you add Sports too.
    They're charging €18 per month for the Sports but €28 per month for the movies, or €9 if adding Sports too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

What stations do you get through a freeview box hooked up to sky ?
    I have UPC multiroom but when i change to sky i was just going to get it in one room, is it worth paying the extra per month for multiroom considering i could just use sky go in the other room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What's strange about the CPW offer is you don't get any discount for adding the movies unless you add Sports too.
    They're charging €18 per month for the Sports but €28 per month for the movies, or €9 if adding Sports too.

yeah that's actually just normal pricing for movies. it's always 9 with sports (that isn't a discount)
    i think it's just there from them to hopefully sell it to people who've no interest in the sports pack, along with the 15 offer it still looks decent just above half price.

can you downgrade package during the 12 months & stay on the €15 offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

This is what sky actually say.

I might try to get the CPW offer after my sky goes off this weekend.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    yeah that's actually just normal pricing for movies. it's always 9 with sports (that isn't a discount)
    i think it's just there from them to hopefully sell it to people who've no interest in the sports pack, along with the 15 offer it still looks decent just above half price.

can you downgrade package during the 12 months & stay on the €15 offer?

I doubt it.

Unless there's an excellent offer, like the current Sports one, I'd advise signing up for the lowest monthly price, in this case €15 per month.
    The day after it's installed, ring Sky and ask to add Sports or whatever. That way, you're only on a 30 day rolling contract and not committed to the full 12 months. Most times then, when you want to cancel the extras, they'll offer you a discounted price to keep it.

The day after it's installed, ring Sky and ask to add Sports or whatever. That way, you're only on a 30 day rolling contract and not committed to the full 12 months. Most times then, when you want to cancel the extras, they'll offer you a discounted price to keep it.
    First of all the original deal is subject to a 12 month contract and there's no way that Sky will allow you to add Sports later at a discounted price. Take it now or dont take it at all.

First of all the original deal is subject to a 12 month contract and there's no way that Sky will allow you to add Sports later at a discounted price. Take it now or dont take it at all.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying you take the excellent discounted price now.
    Outside this offer, if there's no discount but you want Sports, commit to 12 months of the basic package and add Sports the day after. That way you can threaten to cancel a month later without the 12 month commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Outside this offer, if there's no discount but you want Sports, commit to 12 months of the basic package and add Sports the day after. That way you can threaten to cancel a month later without the 12 month commitment.

you mean add sports on say 14/10/15? :pac:

Yeah I know what you're saying but what Im pointing out is that the Sports will most likely be charged at the full price of €36 in those circumstances.

The choice is take it now at half price and pay for it for 12 months or chance adding it later and it can be cancelled with the usual 1 months notice but it will most likely cost the full amount

Anyhow I got to the bottom of this CPW offer when talking to a Sky agent last night.

What they are doing is giving the variety pack free, sports at half price, movies at full price and HD at full price. The simplest offer is the variety pack which is free but you pay €15 for the HD

Then if you opt for the movies its free variety pack, €28 for movies and €15 for HD making a total of €43

Opting for sports is the variety pack for free + half price sports (€18) and €15 for HD which is a total of €33

The only confusing part is the sports and movies offer. With the normal Sports pack movies can be added for €9 so the breakdown then is ....

Variety Pack = Free
    Sports at half price = €18
    Movies at full price = €9
    HD at full price = €15
    Total cost = €42

So anyone thinking of taking movies only on this offer would be better taking movies and sports as its a euro cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Not available in Maynooth or Liffey Valley, anyone tell me where it is available please? Blanch?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

What id do CPW require for new customer to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Sneachta wrote: »
    Not available in Maynooth or Liffey Valley, anyone tell me where it is available please? Blanch?

print off the sheet on here and bring it with you,
    happened to me in ennis and i showed them the page , got the variaty nd sports for 33 , never thought to ask about the tablet dough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Signed up earlier. Didn't need I'd. Tablet only available if you sign up for the variety + movies and/or sports

Advertisement