Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

@Soarer did the Sky rep ever answer your query on that thread? I don't see a response.

They replied alright, but said they needed me to pm them my account details. At that stage I'd not received any letter, so didn't want to preempt things. Might get back onto them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

I have been told today there will be no increase for us until our 12 months is up, e have the Carphone warehouse deal

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Anyone know if this offer is still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Any half price offers for the year still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Hi, looking for some wisdom from anyone who signed up to the carphone warehouse deal last year.

I went for the basic half price, 12 month contract of €15 a month for The Variety Bundle. I was under the impression that this would roll on, possibly indefinitely. I can appreciate from the point of view of running a business that this would be a waste of a appetising hook but I genuinely thought that this was the case when looking into the carphone warehouse deal.

I saw on my most recent direct debit that this has shot up to €50.55. Checked my account and now that's the cost of Variety + HD channels enabled. Considering my own finances, this is madness.

I want to be prepared before I ring them up and see what they can offer me before I drop it entirely, which I'm happy to do if it comes to it.

I don't have any correspondence stating the price increase, can't find any mails with my bills or notice of increase. I also received no regular mail, apart from the letter many received early in the year notifying of general price increases.

If I decide to cancel immediately, would I be correct in thinking that because there was a lack of consent on my behalf to the new price could I use the 'cooling off period' to request a full refund on the €55? There's obviously a distinction between the old and new service?...

I'm not trying to be a 'cute hoor', my income is pretty unreliable and I've less disposable income now than this time last year. The €55 was a bit of a shock when I saw it, and combined with other bills, and I've already been stung by €12 going into an overdraft at the end of the last month.
    Any helpful advice would be welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

SMI wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some wisdom from anyone who signed up to the carphone warehouse deal last year.

I went for the basic half price, 12 month contract of €15 a month for The Variety Bundle. I was under the impression that this would roll on, possibly indefinitely. I can appreciate from the point of view of running a business that this would be a waste of a appetising hook but I genuinely thought that this was the case when looking into the carphone warehouse deal.

I saw on my most recent direct debit that this has shot up to €50.55. Checked my account and now that's the cost of Variety + HD channels enabled. Considering my own finances, this is madness.

I want to be prepared before I ring them up and see what they can offer me before I drop it entirely, which I'm happy to do if it comes to it.

I don't have any correspondence stating the price increase, can't find any mails with my bills or notice of increase. I also received no regular mail, apart from the letter many received early in the year notifying of general price increases.

If I decide to cancel immediately, would I be correct in thinking that because there was a lack of consent on my behalf to the new price could I use the 'cooling off period' to request a full refund on the €55? There's obviously a distinction between the old and new service?...

I'm not trying to be a 'cute hoor', my income is pretty unreliable and I've less disposable income now than this time last year. The €55 was a bit of a shock when I saw it, and combined with other bills, and I've already been stung by €12 going into an overdraft at the end of the last month.

Not sure about the cooling off period thing but as far as I'm aware any cancellation requires 31 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

the offer was for 12months after which the cost went up to full price.
    so not sure if there is any cooling off period.
    they require a 31 days notice.
    i was on the same offer. they offered me basic package with no hd for 19euros. i said no and cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm not trying to be a 'cute hoor',
    I dont think you have to try too hard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

On a more serious note all the terms and conditions would have been supplied to you when you signed up. Everyone else got them. So there's not a lot you can do regarding the offer which has now expired. The cooling off period expired after the first 14 days of your contract.

There is not a hope in hell of getting the €55 back but as stated above you should ring and cancel your subscription ASAP. You will most likely be made another offer of some sort or other so its up to yourself then to decide if its worth staying with them or not.

Indeed there's the odd occasion where people aren't given a new offer or maybe a very poor one but you do really need to call them though. If you do cancel you may or may not get a call in the following weeks from their "win back" team but I know quite a few people who were never contacted. Equally I know people who cancelled and got no offer to stay and rang in again a few days after they were cut off and asked what offers were available to returning customers and ended up getting a decent enough offer.

Best of luck with it anyhow :)

Advertisement