Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I rang Sky a week or so ago and was told they couldn't match CPW deal.

I got a call today to say that I had been "randomly sellected" for an offer - half price sports for 6 months.

I told him what I would like (CPW price) and he said he couldn't do that.

I asked if I was out of contract and he confirmed I was.

I told him I'd consider my options. Off to CPW this afternoon methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

My girlfriend rang up sky and they said they had a 25% off there normal price and i told her if they can't match the cpw deal than hang up. They couldn't do anything and advised to go to cpw.

So at lunch time I went into the cpw and got the 12 month contract at €15.Basically they call sky for you there and you speak to sky on there phone...

How long did it take you guys to get the viewing card?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

I called sky today and explained to them that I wish to sign up on the cpw deal but I am unable to get to a cpw store before the 25th. The lady checked with a manager and said that they wouldn't normally allow this but they would on this occasion. I signed up for the variety pack with hd for €15 a month. It looks like it depends on the sales person at sky to weather they honour the deal or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Took the plunge today signed up for €15 per month for 12 months an easy way to finance a free to air installation over a year. Just hope I can ditch it after 12 months and herself doesn't get hooked in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Took the plunge today signed up for €15 per month for 12 months an easy way to finance a free to air installation over a year. Just hope I can ditch it after 12 months and herself doesn't get hooked in the mean time.

Yes it's incredible value to keep it for one year means your getting dish installed and box total outlay €180

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Dumb question alert...

If the offer ends Thurs 25th, does mean you can still order tomorrow 25th, or is the cut off today? :p

boomerang wrote: »
    Dumb question alert...

If the offer ends Thurs 25th, does mean you can still order tomorrow 25th, or is the cut off today? :p

I just ordered in CPW Athlone and girl said it ends tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Sky called Mme last night and offered me half price movies and sports.

I just replied (honestly) that I watched most movies nowadays on either Netflix r a certain android app that I can't name on here.

She asked about sports, I repliied that I wasn't into soccer on a level that would deserve me paying what they were asking, any match I really wanted to see, I headed to the pub to watch.

The more they're told that cheaper (free) alternativs exist, the better chance we all have of them dropping prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cavanman..

Anyone know what is latest installation date with CPW offer please??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

again to highlight the incorrect billing from sky on the CPW offer

My dad took up the offer with variety, hd and sports at €33 got a text re billing for €87 which is full price. Had to contact them and get it rectified.

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    again to highlight the incorrect billing from sky on the CPW offer

My dad took up the offer with variety, hd and sports at €33 got a text re billing for €87 which is full price. Had to contact them and get it rectified.

I was very impressed with the helpful sales girl at CPW Athlone yesterday. She told me some people were having problems with sky overcharging like you stated, she gave me her business card and told me to call her if sky overcharge and that she would quickly get sky to rectify it on my behalf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sburn

Just off the phone with carphonewarehouse and was told the offer is being extended until Saturday due to demand

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

sburn wrote: »
    Just off the phone with carphonewarehouse and was told the offer is being extended until Saturday due to demand

Can confirm this was in CPW Blanchardstown and got told the same so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I have the groupon voucher and was going to ditch that and get the CPW offer instead but the 14 day period for refunds has just expired.
    Still would work out cheaper over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

The groupon policy is:
    "If you haven't used your voucher, you have the right to cancel within 14 working days after the day of your purchase, no questions asked. Simply get in touch with Customer Support by clicking 'I Still Need Help'.
    So you could well be within the 14 day limit. There's a simple demonstration on how to cancel on this site: wikihow[DOT]com/Return-a-Groupon-Voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

gojony wrote: »
    The groupon policy is:
    "If you haven't used your voucher, you have the right to cancel within 14 working days after the day of your purchase, no questions asked. Simply get in touch with Customer Support by clicking 'I Still Need Help'.
    So you could well be within the 14 day limit. There's a simple demonstration on how to cancel on this site: wikihow[DOT]com/Return-a-Groupon-Voucher

It says calender days on the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Got the €33 deal in Mullingar, happy out :) €33 for sports + variety + HD plus a new HD box! The tablet was available but had to take movies as well (which the rep repeatedly tried getting us to take and even told the sky rep on the phone that we were taking it, had to correct him. Was bad form I thought).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

What kind of tablet do you get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Signed up via CPW in Limerick today totally hassle free - absolutely delighted with myself. :) Thanks so much for highlighting the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The offer is still going until tomorrow yeh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

What's the story with subscription times overlapping. With a cancellation and new install. would delaying the install on my sky be enough? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Is the CPW offer instore only?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Is the CPW offer instore only?

yes , although some people have had success ringing up sky and quoting the offer but more havent

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    What's the story with subscription times overlapping. With a cancellation and new install. would delaying the install on my sky be enough? Thanks

You can delay an install no problem, I remember putting them off for two months before when we got sky originally due to UPC having a 2 month notice period.

Your 12 months at half price doesnt start until its installed and you dont pay anything either until its installed.

Just tell them you want to hold off as you are away or something like that and then call up a few days before you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Its not in the square guys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Its not in the square guys :(

Dundrum offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

CPW offer ended yesterday, September 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi All,

Just got my folks set up with the half price CPW deal in the CPW Harvey Norman store in Blanchardstown (I got it myself last week).

Staff were very helpful, deal still available till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,923 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Soarer wrote: »
    CPW offer ended yesterday, September 25th.
    It's extended 'til tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Got my misses to ring sky earlier and ask for the €15 cpw offer, they said no go and to pop into cpw and sign up there. Less than 10 mins later they called back and set it all up for her.
    I have 3 months left on my sub so looks like we have sky in the bedroom now.

Advertisement