Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm due an install under the Groupon offer next week, however I only learned that the CPW offer is 7.50 per month cheaper so I'm going to call sky and try to cancel my Groupon order and then go the CPW offer instead

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

What cpw stores in Dublin are offering this deal...with tablet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Carphone won't do this in store, ring SKY they tell you to go in-store only. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭bren2001

Carphone won't do this in store, ring SKY they tell you to go in-store only. Argh!

CPW will only do this in store. Granted, it is selected stores.

Which stores in Dublin are doing this?..can anyone confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just rang back to try another agent. No problem at all doing this over the phone this time. 15 EUR it is. :)
    bren2001 wrote: »
    CPW will only do this in store. Granted, it is selected stores.

Which stores in Dublin are doing this?..can anyone confirm?

Clerys, Dundrum, Harvey Norman in Carrickmines and Blanch, are the only places that sell Sky according to the CPW website.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/sky-tv-and-broadband/1041

I've heard blanch don't do this offer and and are unaware of it.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Clerys, Dundrum, Harvey Norman in Carrickmines and Blanch, are the only places that sell Sky according to the CPW website.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/sky-tv-and-broadband/1041

I've heard blanch don't do this offer and and are unaware of it.

Was that the CPW in the centre or Harvey Norman? Harvey Norman should be carrying the offer.

I called my local CPW store at Kilmartins, Athlone and they do the offer. They advised me to cancel my Groupon sky offer and then call down to them to process their order for Sky. I just called Sky and I cancelled my Groupon order and they were not pleased at all. They said CPW were wrong to advise me to camel the Groupon order and the sky rep said he would be reporting CPW for their out of order sales practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

muffler wrote: »
    Groupon offer or CPW offer has no relevance when it comes to looking for a second account at the same house or a second account within a year.

Addresses and bank details are checked by Sky so you either have to be a genuine new customer, ex customer for 12 months or more or ........... go figure ;)

Bought a house about a month ago. Previous owners were with Sky. Surely there has to be a loophole to allow me sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jhammer wrote: »
    Bought a house about a month ago. Previous owners were with Sky. Surely there has to be a loophole to allow me sign up?
    If you rang and explained that you shouldnt have an issue. Its only when the same surname and/or bank account is presented to them that things can go pear shaped.

My daughter moved into a rented house where the previous tenant had an outstanding balance on the Sky account and she (daughter) had no problems at all in getting set up once she explained the situation.

clevtrev wrote: »
    CPW - On the Terms and conditions posted by muffler it says that the tablet offer is not available in conjunction with this offer so the people that got them were obviously just lucky or they had a load of ole tablets lying around gathering dust in that particular branch.
    Called into the CPW shop in Letterkenny earlier today and asked about the tablet offer. The girl said that the tablet was free only if you were signing up for the minimum basic contract i.e. €28 entertainment pack. She referred to the other offer as being a "half price" offer and told me I would be better off with that as I would save more.

So in summary she was saying - sign up as an ordinary first time customer for the entertainment pack and get a free tablet ... OR ......sign up for the "half price" offer as a new customer and get bigger monthly discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Grafton St CPW will do this deal and know about it.
    Dont think many people have asked them for it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Grafton St CPW will do this deal and know about it.
    Dont think many people have asked them for it tho.

Tablet and half price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

murphf wrote: »
    Tablet and half price?

Didnt get as far as tablet. Not really bothered about it tbh.
    Pricing as per the previous attachment. Cant add BB to it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

what details do we need to provide when we sign up at cpw for this €15 offer?

I think you need your banking details for direct debit monthly payments or else credit card.

Name, address, Date of birth,

Suppose ID also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Called into the CPW shop in Letterkenny earlier today and asked about the tablet offer. The girl said that the tablet was free only if you were signing up for the minimum basic contract i.e. €28 entertainment pack. She referred to the other offer as being a "half price" offer and told me I would be better off with that as I would save more.

So in summary she was saying - sign up as an ordinary first time customer for the entertainment pack and get a free tablet ... OR ......sign up for the "half price" offer as a new customer and get bigger monthly discounts.

Do you know if CPW Letterkenny are doing the €15 offer? Don't really care about the tablet but €15 a month for basic package with HD sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SteM

murphf wrote: »
    Tablet and half price?

Look at the PDF that muffler linked to above. The sheet the CPW staff work from specifically says the tablet is not included in the CPW offer. You might get lucky with the sales person that makes a mistake but I'd imagine that person would have it pointed out to them pretty quickly by their manager.

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    Do you know if CPW Letterkenny are doing the €15 offer? Don't really care about the tablet but €15 a month for basic package with HD sounds good to me!
    Yes they are doing that offer. Its the Variety Pack with HD. Damned good price and cant say I have ever seen a better offer from Sky for new customers.

The details are all in a pdf in post no. 204

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Groupon offer or CPW offer has no relevance when it comes to looking for a second account at the same house or a second account within a year.

Addresses and bank details are checked by Sky so you either have to be a genuine new customer, ex customer for 12 months or more or ........... go figure ;)

What does the address have to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

What does the address have to do with it?

I'd imagine they'd need to know where to put the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Has anyone successful canceled existing sky to avail of this offer? I can set it up in partners name and use a diff bank account t buy I'd still have to give 30 days notice to cancel.

I wonder can I ring sky say I am moving so need to cancel straight away but still pay for the notice period. Could I then wait a day and set it up in new name and new account say I just moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ALS

Rang Sky today 0818719819 , got put through to sales , enquired about CPW offer , Got offered it straight away over the phone , 42 euro , sky sports / movies / variety / HD & free install , 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

ALS wrote: »
    Rang Sky today 0818719819 , got put through to sales , enquired about CPW offer , Got offered it straight away over the phone , 42 euro , sky sports / movies / variety / HD & free install , 12 month contract

That is a great offer.

We changed our sky account at home from my mother name to my fathers name last year to get a second year of half price. Same address, same joint bank a/c etc only difference was dad name instead of my mam's name (same surname obviously) and not a word was said.

Ring up and say nothing about an a/c already being active. I'm thinking of ringing up and using my second name to sign up as my year at half price is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

ALS wrote: »

Alternatively you can drop the rubbish Movies and get everything else for €32

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

groom wrote: »
    Alternatively you can drop the rubbish Movies and get everything else for €32

Anyone know when the CPW deal expires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Couldnt get sky installed still have a free tablet :-) Success :-)

Advertisement