Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV: 50% Off Voucher Towards 12-Month Package With Optional Sports and Movies Add

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    any1 know if i can add movies on a month by month basis after getting the CPW deal

You can., they told me in store to order them in November and we would have for Christmas (there is also a sky Christmas channel) then it is a rolling 30 day contract.. They give it to you for 30 days after you cancel so he seemed to think I would get two months for price of one? Not sure about that but anyways.. We did it in the past, signed up if good stuff on then cancel when we were bored as it is often repeats for a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads. Signal strength is 90%, is connected through HDMI cable and source is set to HDMI. No problem with the HD channels themselves, they're excellent. It's just the non-hd ones, RTE1 and TV3 are particulary bad.

Signal strength won't be causing it to be blurry, it would cause picture breakup. Once you have a decent lock on anything above 60% it will be fine. The problem is the bitrate that some channels use. TV3, Setanta etc. are appalling and looked so much better in analogue on old crt tv's.
    I'd have a look for settings for your tv online, this is the biggest thing you can directly influence. It will at least give you the best viewing experience, a badly adjusted set can really look terrible. Have a play around with upscaling or any other 'feature' your tv boasts of sometimes it's much better without it.
    Probably the main thing with big HD tv's is the viewing distance. Most likely your too near the tv and can see the limits of SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Just a heads up I ordered this on Monday for a family member. I mentioned I'd seen the deal in store and they allowed me to take it despite it being out of date.
    Might be worth ringing and asking the question. No harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

murphf wrote: »
    You can., they told me in store to order them in November and we would have for Christmas (there is also a sky Christmas channel) then it is a rolling 30 day contract.. They give it to you for 30 days after you cancel so he seemed to think I would get two months for price of one? Not sure about that but anyways.. We did it in the past, signed up if good stuff on then cancel when we were bored as it is often repeats for a few months

Thanks , was for the christmas i will be getting them in

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

hi who did you ring? sky themselfs ye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

s.welstead wrote: »
    Signal strength won't be causing it to be blurry, it would cause picture breakup. Once you have a decent lock on anything above 60% it will be fine. The problem is the bitrate that some channels use. TV3, Setanta etc. are appalling and looked so much better in analogue on old crt tv's.
    I'd have a look for settings for your tv online, this is the biggest thing you can directly influence. It will at least give you the best viewing experience, a badly adjusted set can really look terrible. Have a play around with upscaling or any other 'feature' your tv boasts of sometimes it's much better without it.
    Probably the main thing with big HD tv's is the viewing distance. Most likely your too near the tv and can see the limits of SD.

Cheers. I think that's the best thing at this stage, to mess around with visual settings. I changed one setting on the tv to "Cinema Mode" and although it was darker in appearance, it did look less blurry. Also, I added ITV HD so we can just watch that as the listings are similar to TV3. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Italiancheese

Just called CPW and the Sky offer has been extended until 12th Oct!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

murphf wrote: »

just checked my sky and there is a free month trial for sky movies

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Southernman63

Do you just have to call into a cpw and they give you a code to ring sky or do you have to sign up in store for it.
    Does anyone know are the cpw in Galway in on this deal or is it selected stores ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Thought I missed this offer but if it's been extended I may have to purchase!

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    New sky HD box all set up, just a quick question, sorry if this is a bit off topic but - are non-HD channels on sky bad or blurry?! Mine seem to be. Not sure if it's our TV (42inch Samsung) or our HDMI cable or if that's just the way it is?

Its a combination of the channels being broadcast in poor quality, a big screen and the fact you are watching some channels in HD which makes the SD ones look worse then when going back to them.

Tv3 and Tg4 are transmitted in horrific quality in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does anyone know the direct number to dial for Sky Cancellations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

No direct number. Have to ring 0818 719819, then option 4 and 5. Or maybe 5 and 4. Something like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Soarer wrote: »
    No direct number. Have to ring 0818 719819, then option 4 and 5. Or maybe 5 and 4. Something like that anyway.
    And then wait for 20 minutes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

So what exactly is the CPW offer and what number do I call to avail of it? Sorry to come across as lazy, but it's hard to find the info in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So what exactly is the CPW offer and what number do I call to avail of it? Sorry to come across as lazy, but it's hard to find the info in the thread?
    :eek: .... scratches head .....:confused:

You dont even come across as being lazy, you just are ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Thanks OP for the CPW offer just had my installation this evening delighted the hd is tremendous on my big TV great value for next 12 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm just on the phone to them there for ya. Should only be another 10 minutes. Is next Wednesday ok for an installation? You might pass me on your account details so I can get everything finalised.

Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm just on the phone to them there for ya. Should only be another 10 minutes. Is next Wednesday ok for an installation? You might pass me on your account details so I can get everything finalised.

Christ on a bike.

Ah in fairness I didn't realise it was on the first page, thought it was more buried in the thread under all the groupon shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I got the offer in CPW and installed within a week. The guy who came out ( Sierra) couldn't believe the deal. Said he'd never heard of one that good. I'm paying €57 a month for Variety, Sports, Movies with an extra box and HD.

Anyway i have a groupon voucher for the original offer if anyone wants to buy it. Dont see how they could trace it back to me as its only an email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Let the games begin.

Just off the phone with Sky they have billed me €51.75 for the 1st month and are demanding €41.75 is paid being package less €10 deposit and .75c cc fees. I'm not having it. Also have an issue with the installer who drilled 3 holes in my wall one to anchor his ladder, one for the cable which I authorised and 1 over a window board which I only discovered when he had left. I'll be standing my ground against these guys!

Edit:
    SKY have been back and have agreed to only charge the €5 for this month. I have also pushed them not to charge the 0.75c cc fee we will see what happens in 2 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I've been on the "Friends and Family" discount offer from Sky for the last 12 months. This month by bill jumped from 47 euro to 94 euro withou notification from Sky.

I know i know, it was a 12 month offer yada yada yada, but they send you an email every day for new shows, least they could notify you that your bill is going to double! Anyway, I called upto cancel today and 3rd November is my cancellation date.

Can my wife sign up for 12 month discount now as a new customer? Has anyone tried this?

I have UPC broadband so i'm fully intending on moving to UPC unless I can get a discount from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Let the games begin.

Just off the phone with Sky they have billed me €51.75 for the 1st month and are demanding €41.75 is paid being package less €10 deposit and .75c cc fees. I'm not having it. Also have an issue with the installer who drilled 3 holes in my wall one to anchor his ladder, one for the cable which I authorised and 1 over a window board which I only discovered when he had left. I'll be standing my ground against these guys!

Was this through the Groupon or Car Phone Warehouse offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Through the CPW deal. Still have a spare groupon if anybody needs it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

My installation was done yesterday. Today I took out the new box because these new boxes are a disaster no rf out for magic eyes that I have to all my bedrooms. I called sky to complain waste time but they paired my card to the old box instead of the new one. I asked was there any reduced price offer for my spare new box to be added as a multiroom he checked and said no. The extra box would be €15 plus a new sewerage contract would have to be done. I was wondering if I'm contemplating a multiroom sub I might be better off to instigate it now as if I did it in six months time they will nab me for a longer contract and also nab me for the highest non reduced prices

• Registered Users Posts: 45,924 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IrishHomer wrote: »
    The extra box would be €15 plus a new sewerage contract would have to be done
    I knew Sky were sh1t but that's bringing it to a new level ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Let the games begin.

Edit:
    SKY have been back and have agreed to only charge the €5 for this month. I have also pushed them not to charge the 0.75c cc fee we will see what happens in 2 weeks time.
    Did they even acknowledge that you're on the 15 euro PM contract with them?

W

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Did anyone who cancelled their order get the 10 euro refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any offers on multi room. Might get multi room but can I get it for any cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

kala85 wrote: »
    Any offers on multi room. Might get multi room but can I get it for any cheaper.

For me they offered the same price per box i.e 15 euro but still had to pay the multi room extra per room.

Advertisement